7965 - Millennium Falcon

johncrumpton

so no new MF?

​Your post is so out of context... Also with some little effort it would be so easy to find the answer yourself... I don't wanna be harsh, but duh?!

The first picture of the (probably) new lego sub theme is posted and everybody is writing "LEAD VILLAIN VEHICLE"... and you're asking "so no new MF?" o.O

1. Has the MF EVER!!! been a villain vehicle?! ... do you think it will be the villain vehicle in the new movies???!!! (NOOOOO!!!!)

2. There is still the BIGGEST set of this new subtheme which is supposed to be the "main HERO vehicle"... what does that sound like to you?... okay to somebody who asks in the context of the lead villain vehicle if there's not gonna be a new MF because of this ship... maybe you think the "main hero vehicle" might be the new death star or a firetruck... or a dragon... or a pony... or... (Most here speculate that it's gonna be the MF though!)

3. Since we all here work directly for TLG and know everything about the new line (of course!) one could make an educated guess that we were to know the answer to your question...

(Not to mention that the first leaked picture here proves that thus far when it comes to this new subtheme we know less than john snow...)

P.S.

No hard feeling ;-) Don't mean to attack you personally here, just wanna point out why this questions feels to "duh..." to me.

​I got an email from a Nigerian prince once, it does not mean I have an in with the African royalties :D

The guy was just reading a rumor off of a website :P

​Yeah, just using the UCS angle from that video.

​Negative.

​So what you're saying is people ought to continue dumping 7965 then. I only have one left and it's for a friend's birthday it looks like. :)

• Like 1

​Yeah, just using the UCS angle from that video.

​So what you're saying is people ought to continue dumping 7965 then. I only have one left and it's for a friend's birthday it looks like. :)

I think 3x MSRP is still obtainable for 7965

Edited by Darth_Raichu

exactly my point.  that is the last time to get max profit on that set because prices will start decreasing like when 10144, 6010, etc...  unloading the set now is ideal because you'll get a very solid return and more importantly, won't be forced to unload sets at lower prices

By that time, it is too late.

So what you're saying is people ought to continue dumping 7965 then. I only have one left and it's for a friend's birthday it looks like. :)

​I dumped all of mine the past few months averaging about $225 each.  I do have one left, since this might be the last original trilogy version for quite some time.  I'm not sure who I'm kidding, I'll never break the seals.

• Like 2

​I dumped all of mine the past few months averaging about $225 each.  I do have one left, since this might be the last original trilogy version for quite some time.  I'm not sure who I'm kidding, I'll never break the seals.

​don't break the seals or dump this one also.

i've built 7965 with my son and played along side with him.  the set is kinda d'oh. while an improvement over prev. MFs, it's still has an avg (at best) design.  the interior is good (the areas that even little hands can reach) but everything else is "blah".  cockpit, folding roof, landing door, etc...

dump, sell, dump, sell :)

• Like 1

I  have (2) that I plan to sell. Still in sealed case. I've been stalling to see when might be the appropriate time to sell.

the question remains as to whether the newer version will truly affect it's value. It may stall but given the connection to OT and non disney branding on box art it may do well down the road. (beyond the release of the 2015 version) To the typical consumer it won't matter and they will go after the cheaper (newer set)

On a positive note, the inevitable 7965 clone and any potential UCS Falcon remake is that it will be a different version, with the rectangular radar dish and other components I'm sure.  The characters will be different (or older versions) as well.  The new Sandcrawler was a better version of the same vehicle, so that is why the 10144 took a hit.  The new Falcon is coming and there is no way to know for sure if it will be the last, but rumors persist about a set that is not Falcon related and would make many people happy.  

• Like 1

​don't break the seals or dump this one also.

i've built 7965 with my son and played along side with him.  the set is kinda d'oh. while an improvement over prev. MFs, it's still has an avg (at best) design.  the interior is good (the areas that even little hands can reach) but everything else is "blah".  cockpit, folding roof, landing door, etc...

dump, sell, dump, sell :)

​Yes, I should always lean towards the "there will always be another Falcon" theory.

I  have (2) that I plan to sell. Still in sealed case. I've been stalling to see when might be the appropriate time to sell.

the question remains as to whether the newer version will truly affect it's value. It may stall but given the connection to OT and non disney branding on box art it may do well down the road. (beyond the release of the 2015 version) To the typical consumer it won't matter and they will go after the cheaper (newer set)

​I've got a 7965 that I'm holding onto to build.  I've got a 3 year old son, as well.

I originally thought that I'd be holding onto it for my son and I to build.  But then I realized - 7965 if *my* MF, not his.  He will be of a generation with a square radar dish MF.  He's really not going to care about mine.  It won't have nearly the same meaning as it does to me.  And, maybe, the new MF might more be his MF than 7965 ever will be.

That helped me make the decision to dump.  I'm happy with what I got for the 7965s that I got rid off.  I think it's just too risky to keep holding on to.  (Just remember, with great risk comes the potential for great reward.)