Buy your Large LEGO Exclusive Set Today! ...or be sorry!

Ed Mack

if you wait until Friday, wouldnt you get the pick a brick box as well as the christmas set? well guess it depends per store. plus you have a chance to win a shopping spree. I might just wait to make my purchase.

That`s a good point. I don`t think anyone here has confirmed though that x3 points will be in effect for the weekend, though that is very likely given the "Early Access" context of this offer. 

I did.  4 times.

So did I.........and now my account says there is no order history.  :shocked:

Is anyone else having problems getting onto the LEGO Shop at Home site? I keep getting a message stating that the site is experiencing technical difficulties. There are probably too many brickpickers bogging the site down while filling their boots with free holiday sets and triple VIP points. They had better fix it soon, or I will be one unhappy brickpicker! Just curious if anyone else is having the same problem.

I am not getting any technical difficulties notice, but I can't see any of my order history.  :fear:

So did I.........and now my account says there is no order history.  :shocked:

I am not getting any technical difficulties notice, but I can't see any of my order history.  :fear:

Site is all better. I placed three orders. 2 R2D2s and an ewok village. I placed them about an hour apart from each other. So far I have only gotten one email confirmation for the first R2D2. I'm not worried. They will all go through. They are just extremely busy with all of the orders. Three winter truck promos and three clone lieutenants coming as well. Happy holidays!

I got my confirmation e-mail from last night's order about a couple hours ago, so about 18 or so hours after placing the order.

They also seem to have changed some of the UI components related to the VIP account in particular, and yes, some of my past orders aren't even listed, so I'm guessing they aren't done with the data conversion just yet. 

Thank God for Amazon...LOL

Indeed!  They are my default supplier for sure.  Though they have been getting tighter on what sets they ship internationally as well.

Dude, you should ask around here to see if anyone in the US is interested to be your "supplier". It would probably be much more economical than NZ pricing even with shipping. Hopefully Lego starts evening out prices: we Canadians have been getting more attractive pricing recently like 30 dollar USD used to mean 40 bucks but now it costs 35. There's (a slight) hope that worldwide pricing could fall  :thumbsup:

PS: Ed if I click the affiliate link in the grey box and follow it to a set will you guys get a cut? Or do you need a specific link for each set?

Yeah a couple of people have kindly offered to do that for me.  I don't like to be a nuisance though.

I usually just wait for an Amazon deal or get sets from Ebay or bricklink.  It's not all bad though, sometimes I get decent deals locally and as I'm selling in the local market the prices I can charge are higher.

I absolutely agree with buying the big sets now - I bought a few in store today and already sold the truck for 30$. not too shabby as I used my VIP points on my "possibly banned account" and got:

New Xwing

Technic Tracked Crane

Orc Forge $32

I had $240 in VIP, so I paid 13$, got 4 PAB boxes and the dude at the register asked me why I wasn't at the VIP event. I said "didn't get an invite". He goes - "thats is retarded, hold on".

Comes back with the Holiday truck and tells me "this never happened". That dude is like the Bizarro Ponytail guy.

I will say that I think we wont see discounts for a while... until we see packages more. TRU is starting it. I am 99% sure this will become the norm soon. You will see these giant exclusives with a "free purchase" along side of them to subsidize cost. Lego may try to control that, but its much harder.

I mean think about the new Xwing. You can sell the Palpatine for $80ish on Ebay. So ends up being a 55$ discount. THats insane!

Good news on the VIP points, I'm glad you were able to get those redeemed, whatever else happens with your account.

My order from last night is still in "Customer Service" but I know it's just backlogged - I've been very cautious about VIP buying.

Yup I almost asked the guy if my account looked weird. After some research last night, it seems a lot of people have gotten this email and not gotten banned. I am just going to refrain from using the account for a while.

I set up an account for a friend and I am gonna buy Lego gift cards for a while. Should be pretty safe.

I will say - I am lucky. The guys at my store are all awesome. They will not let me walk out without extra exclusives polybags, they will insist on getting me a better looking box if the one I pick up is rough, and are just overall happy to be there. I like seeing people like that. Honestly a lot of times I don't mind paying a premium to support people who act like that.

Not sure I understand the urgency.  Same sale next weekend right?

According to a sales associate I spoke to at the VIP event this morning, 3x point will not be available on Nov 29 - Dec 1.  The holiday set will be available.  Scratch off ticket will be available in store only while supply lasts.  There will likely be sales on selected sets in store (the sales associate I spoke to was not sure which sets will be on sale).

As for the online offers, he was not sure what else there will be other than those already listed on the postcard he gave me.

According to a sales associate I spoke to at the VIP event this morning, 3x point will not be available on Nov 29 - Dec 1.  The holiday set will be available.  Scratch off ticket will be available in store only while supply lasts.  There will likely be sales on selected sets in store (the sales associate I spoke to was not sure which sets will be on sale).

As for the online offers, he was not sure what else there will be other than those already listed on the postcard he gave me.

I'm still waffling about whether to go to Brick Friday at our nearest store. On the one hand, I'm very terrible about waking up early unless I absolutely must (yes, I really am that lazy - or at least that nocturnal) ... on the other hand, I'm grumpy about the possibilities of missing a great sale on an exclusive or three (yeah, I know, but a frog can dream and if I DON'T go, it'll happen.)

I guess I will rely on the kindness of my east coast friends to give me the down low if they go. Hint, hint.  :queen:

I absolutely agree with buying the big sets now - I bought a few in store today and already sold the truck for 30$. not too shabby as I used my VIP points on my "possibly banned account" and got:

New Xwing

Technic Tracked Crane

Orc Forge $32

I had $240 in VIP, so I paid 13$, got 4 PAB boxes and the dude at the register asked me why I wasn't at the VIP event. I said "didn't get an invite". He goes - "thats is retarded, hold on".

Comes back with the Holiday truck and tells me "this never happened". That dude is like the Bizarro Ponytail guy.

I will say that I think we wont see discounts for a while... until we see packages more. TRU is starting it. I am 99% sure this will become the norm soon. You will see these giant exclusives with a "free purchase" along side of them to subsidize cost. Lego may try to control that, but its much harder.

I mean think about the new Xwing. You can sell the Palpatine for $80ish on Ebay. So ends up being a 55$ discount. THats insane!

Yup I almost asked the guy if my account looked weird. After some research last night, it seems a lot of people have gotten this email and not gotten banned. I am just going to refrain from using the account for a while.

I set up an account for a friend and I am gonna buy Lego gift cards for a while. Should be pretty safe.

I will say - I am lucky. The guys at my store are all awesome. They will not let me walk out without extra exclusives polybags, they will insist on getting me a better looking box if the one I pick up is rough, and are just overall happy to be there. I like seeing people like that. Honestly a lot of times I don't mind paying a premium to support people who act like that.

That is good news.  At least you were able to use those points up and get yourself some goodies.  Most of the employees are friendly with a few bad eggs.  They will go the extra mile to get you a pristine box as they know the big buyers will always want that.  I would fill out the survey so you'll get the same treatment as that associate will return the favor when he see you next time.

The scratch off doesn't seem like as good as last year.  I would not be incline to go for the home run ($1,000), whereas it was either 10%, 20%, or 50% off my order last year.  This year you'll have to spend more this week for the 15% back and redeem your point on Black Friday weekend.  They had the Star Wars advent calendar last year @50% off.  It looks like all the calendars are sold out, they might have a new batch next week.  Aside from that it's all up for speculation.  We'll see what they have to offer next week.