Buy your Large LEGO Exclusive Set Today! ...or be sorry!

Ed Mack

With today's LEGO TRIPLE VIP POINTS, today is the day to buy the large exclusive sets that cannot be found at other retailers.  Basically, you will not find a better deal on these sets for the foreseeable future because of the LEGO sale reductions on exclusive sets.  The triple VIP points equals 15% OFF, about the best you can expect to receive.  Also, you get a FREE Holiday Christmas Tree Truck Set with purchase over $99, which sweetens the pot even more.

Here are some sets you should key on...

10221 Super Star Destroyer

10237 Tower of Orthanc

10240 Red Five X-wing Starfighter

10225 UCS R2-D2

10188 Death Star

10234 Sydney Opera House

10236 Ewok Village

10214 Tower Bridge

10228 Haunted House

8110 Unimog U400

10224 Town Hall

42009 Mobile Crane

10232 Palace Cinema

Note:  As some very informed members pointed out, you will also get a STAR WARS Clone Trooper Minifigure with all STAR WARS purchases over $50!!!  

do u know if u can place 2 separate orders(checkouts), therefore getting 2 christmas trucks, 2 polybags, 3Xpoints

or is it limited to 1 order today to qualify for specials?

With today's LEGO TRIPLE VIP POINTS, today is the day to buy the large exclusive sets that cannot be found at other retailers.  Basically, you will not find a better deal on these sets for the foreseeable future because of the LEGO sale reductions on exclusive sets.  The triple VIP points equals 15% OFF, about the best you can expect to receive.  Also, you get a FREE Holiday Christmas Tree Truck Set with purchase over $99, which sweetens the pot even more.

Here are some sets you should key on...

10221 Super Star Destroyer

10237 Tower of Orthanc

10188 Death Star

10234 Sydney Opera House

10236 Ewok Village

Will 3x VIP points be available on Nov 29 - Dec 1 for purchases in store and online?  Thanks.

I am not certain what will be available next week, but probably similar with maybe a few discounts on unpopular sets.  One thing you must consider is that the bonus sets will get sold out at some point, so why wait?

The $10 GC and triple points will be available Nov 29 - Dec 1. The bonus set will also be available as they are not going to sell out in 1 day. Just remember the GCs have a unique code tied to your VIP account so don't think you are going to be able to stack them instore without getting all of your VIP accounts flagged together and banned. Happy holidays from TLG!

Reading through the posts, it seems that some people are not "happy" with the deal. The one thing I REALLY think they are missing is the point that you will not be getting discounts on this large exclusive sets.  I am taking advantage of this 15% and grabbing the large sets while I can. I really don't think we will get that opportunity anymore on sites like Amazon.  If we do, we would be lucky, but I don't want to be kicking myself in a few days wishing I bought some of these.

• Like 4

Reading through the posts, it seems that some people are not "happy" with the deal. The one thing I REALLY think they are missing is the point that you will not be getting discounts on this large exclusive sets.  I am taking advantage of this 15% and grabbing the large sets while I can. I really don't think we will get that opportunity anymore on sites like Amazon.  If we do, we would be lucky, but I don't want to be kicking myself in a few days wishing I bought some of these.

I agree, the only other "discounts" you might see are the TRU type giveaway bundles, and those appear to sell out pretty quick 

You are 100% correct. I think many need to realize this may be the future for any opportunities to get some sort of discount on these exclusives

The $10 GC and triple points will be available Nov 29 - Dec 1. The bonus set will also be available as they are not going to sell out in 1 day. Just remember the GCs have a unique code tied to your VIP account so don't think you are going to be able to stack them instore without getting all of your VIP accounts flagged together and banned. Happy holidays from TLG!

Where did you hear about this?  Can you send me a link?  Also, was this information for LEGO USA or LEGO UK?

I'm going to go with being sorry. Need to save money for holiday travel, xmas presents for other people, food, sustenance, and of course, smaller Lego sets for myself and my family.

But thank you for putting this list together, Ed! It really helps for maximizing your dollars if you are planning to spend today. I would love something like this every time there's a good deal going on. It was hard for me keeping all the deals/wishlists/coupon codes straight (not to mention stacking/non-stacking) during the TRU sales this week.

• Like 2

That is what I am waiting for :thumbsup:   The 3x points really don't do it for me.

Sorry to break it to you, but whether you buy it today or next weekend with the possible triple VIP points and other rumored bonuses, you will not find a Haunted House or other large set cheaper than on LEGO S@H right now or any time in the near future.  Unless LEGO changes their policy, the other retailers have not shown any inclination to discount a larger set as well.  

Keep waiting for those TRU deals...LOL

The TRU deal, that offered the free creator set with purchase of an exclusive item, literally only lasted a few hours before the deal went away. So trying to wait for TRU to offer good deals for exclusives is a tough way to accumulate exclusives sets if you want to acquire a good amount of them.

Sorry to break it to you, but whether you buy it today or next weekend with the possible triple VIP points and other rumored bonuses, you will not find a Haunted House or other large set cheaper than on LEGO S@H right now or any time in the near future. Unless LEGO changes their policy, the other retailers have not shown any inclination to discount a larger set as well.

I hear ya. I'm just going to hold my breath and wait to see if other retailers begin discounting exclusives again (pretty much any store online except TRU). All it takes is 2 semi-negative economic quarters and discounts will be offered again (if Lego is blocking retailor discounts). Luckily, I have multiple sets of the current exclusives that "should" be retiring soon for waiting it out.

If I were someone without these sets or just want some to build, sure. Today is an "ok" day so they need to buy.

• Like 1

Sorry to break it to you, but whether you buy it today or next weekend with the possible triple VIP points and other rumored bonuses, you will not find a Haunted House or other large set cheaper than on LEGO LEGO Shop at Home right now or any time in the near future.  Unless LEGO changes their policy, the other retailers have not shown any inclination to discount a larger set as well.  

It's shocking, but TRU has been the much better option so far this year! Their free items with exclusives far outweigh a 15% discount on exclusives that are tied to your VIP card which may get you banned. A free palpatine's arrest that comes with another $10 of $40 coupon is way better than $60 off a SSD from LEGO Shop at Home - at least in my opinion! And even more so with the free highway truck that came with the exclusive creator sets a couple days ago.

It's funny, it used to be that LEGO was the massive discounter years ago and TRU was stingy. Now LEGO is booming and TRU is loaded up on debt and they need cash flow. And the changed deals are reflecting their change in fortune!

I was more than happy to grab another SSD today.  Why would Lego forcing these retailers to not reduce price on Exclusive Lego sets drag down their sales to the point of losing money?  Those sets probably constitute <1% of their sales, not even a blip on the radar.  If they are going to allow us more than 1 WV Pickup, I'm going in for more, but probably WV Cottages this time, I am assuming this will be it's last season.

Sorry to break it to you, but whether you buy it today or next weekend with the possible triple VIP points and other rumored bonuses, you will not find a Haunted House or other large set cheaper than on LEGO LEGO Shop at Home right now or any time in the near future.  Unless LEGO changes their policy, the other retailers have not shown any inclination to discount a larger set as well.  

It's shocking, but TRU has been the much better option so far this year! Their free items with exclusives far outweigh a 15% discount on exclusives that are tied to your VIP card which may get you banned. A free palpatine's arrest that comes with another $10 of $40 coupon is way better than $60 off a SSD from LEGO Shop at Home - at least in my opinion! And even more so with the free highway truck that came with the exclusive creator sets a couple days ago.

It's funny, it used to be that LEGO was the massive discounter years ago and TRU was stingy. Now LEGO is booming and TRU is loaded up on debt and they need cash flow. And the changed deals are reflecting their change in fortune!

The TRU deal, that offered the free creator set with purchase of an exclusive item, literally only lasted a few hours before the deal went away. So trying to wait for TRU to offer good deals for exclusives is a tough way to accumulate exclusives sets if you want to acquire a good amount of them.

Yeah, you're right. I got the SW deal but missed the creator one. Need to be quick on this stuff when it happens!