Buy your Large LEGO Exclusive Set Today! ...or be sorry!

Ed Mack

The TRU deal, that offered the free creator set with purchase of an exclusive item, literally only lasted a few hours before the deal went away. So trying to wait for TRU to offer good deals for exclusives is a tough way to accumulate exclusives sets if you want to acquire a good amount of them.

In all honesty a few hours is a long time for a deal as good as the TRU one yesterday. It would have went even faster if it got posted on SD.

Sorry to break it to you, but whether you buy it today or next weekend with the possible triple VIP points and other rumored bonuses, you will not find a Haunted House or other large set cheaper than on LEGO LEGO Shop at Home right now or any time in the near future.  Unless LEGO changes their policy, the other retailers have not shown any inclination to discount a larger set as well.  

Keep waiting for those TRU deals...LOL

No tax and Amazon rewards points are close enough to the discount that LEGO Shop at Home gives me.  However, I still might get the HH on the 29th.  I will see if they have any other deals.

Sorry to break it to you, but whether you buy it today or next weekend with the possible triple VIP points and other rumored bonuses, you will not find a Haunted House or other large set cheaper than on LEGO LEGO Shop at Home right now or any time in the near future.  Unless LEGO changes their policy, the other retailers have not shown any inclination to discount a larger set as well.  

Keep waiting for those TRU deals...LOL

I agree on the haunted house deal as TRU doesn't carry it right now. I imagine more retailers will start doing bundles too since they can't do any discounts. Why pay $150 at Walmart when lego has it for the same price with vip points and free monthly promos?

Is anyone else having problems getting onto the LEGO Shop at Home site? I keep getting a message stating that the site is experiencing technical difficulties. There are probably too many brickpickers bogging the site down while filling their boots with free holiday sets and triple VIP points. They had better fix it soon, or I will be one unhappy brickpicker! Just curious if anyone else is having the same problem.

Is anyone else having problems getting onto the LEGO Shop at Home site? I keep getting a message stating that the site is experiencing technical difficulties. There are probably too many brickpickers bogging the site down while filling their boots with free holiday sets and triple VIP points. They had better fix it soon, or I will be one unhappy brickpicker! Just curious if anyone else is having the same problem.

Yeah, their site is broken.

Two hours might seem like a long time but to be practical only a small percentage of resellers are able to take advantage of that time frame. So yes, if you were a lucky one that was able to take advantage of the free creator set than good for you. But, in general trying to seize upon a two hour window for a good deal at TRU, that may only happen every 2 months or so, is a hard way to accumulate exclusive sets.

No tax and Amazon rewards points are close enough to the discount that S@H gives me.  However, I still might get the HH on the 29th.  I will see if they have any other deals.

One can argue about the merits of an exceptional(and occasional) TRU sale or giveaway, but even an Amazon lover like myself cannot agree with your statement.  Let's take a look....

The cost of a Haunted House from Amazon in a tax free state, with free shipping and the 3% Amazon discount is $174.59.  If I use LEGO S@H in my state of NJ, I would have to pay $192.59 for a Haunted House.  But...I would get back $27.00 in VIP dollars and a collectible Holiday set maybe worth $15 on the low side, for a total of $150.59.  This is not counting cash back credit cards that I can use on LEGO S@H for 5% back right now.  That's easily a $25 difference.

One can argue about the merits of an exceptional(and occasional) TRU sale or giveaway, but even an Amazon lover like myself cannot agree with your statement.  Let's take a look....

The cost of a Haunted House from Amazon in a tax free state, with free shipping and the 3% Amazon discount is $174.59.  If I use LEGO LEGO Shop at Home in my state of NJ, I would have to pay $192.59 for a Haunted House.  But...I would get back $27.00 in VIP dollars and a collectible Holiday set maybe worth $15 on the low side, for a total of $150.59.  This is not counting cash back credit cards that I can use on LEGO LEGO Shop at Home for 5% back right now.  That's easily a $25 difference.

Good breakdown.  I am just not a big vip point fan since you don't get to use them until your next purchase.  I think I will end up waiting til the 29th to get the HH.  I am hoping for an extra $10 off gc and might pick up the hoth set if it is on sale like in the UK.

Good breakdown.  I am just not a big vip point fan since you don't get to use them until your next purchase.  I think I will end up waiting til the 29th to get the HH.  I am hoping for an extra $10 off gc and might pick up the hoth set if it is on sale like in the UK.

So why don't you buy something today, get a boat load of points and then use them again in a few days when they run this again.  It's a win win.  I think you are really missing the point. You can double up on this.  You will eventually want to buy another set, so the money will be there waiting for you.

• Like 2

Seems like the 3x VIP is only in the US, I couldn't see it anywhere on their site for me.

That's a shame, I was going to checkout the feasibility of getting a 10237 Orthanc.  Even so I worked out what it would be:

$399NZ free shipping - 15% = $339.15NZ (o holiday giveaway set available either)

Compared to Amazon at $199US plus shipping.  Converted to $NZ at a conservative exchange rate comes to approx $299NZ shipped.

Same thing on most of the other deals if they were available.  S@H rarely have deals that make sense outside of US or occasional UK based customers.  :hmm:

Seems like the 3x VIP is only in the US, I couldn't see it anywhere on their site for me.

That's a shame, I was going to checkout the feasibility of getting a 10237 Orthanc.  Even so I worked out what it would be:

$399NZ free shipping - 15% = $339.15NZ (o holiday giveaway set available either)

Compared to Amazon at $199US plus shipping.  Converted to $NZ at a conservative exchange rate comes to approx $299NZ shipped.

Same thing on most of the other deals if they were available.  S@H rarely have deals that make sense outside of US or occasional UK based customers.  :hmm:

Thank God for Amazon...LOL

Guest eightbrick

Same thing on most of the other deals if they were available.  LEGO Shop at Home rarely have deals that make sense outside of US or occasional UK based customers.  :hmm:

Dude, you should ask around here to see if anyone in the US is interested to be your "supplier". It would probably be much more economical than NZ pricing even with shipping. Hopefully Lego starts evening out prices: we Canadians have been getting more attractive pricing recently like 30 dollar USD used to mean 40 bucks but now it costs 35. There's (a slight) hope that worldwide pricing could fall  :thumbsup:

PS: Ed if I click the affiliate link in the grey box and follow it to a set will you guys get a cut? Or do you need a specific link for each set?

Dude, you should ask around here to see if anyone in the US is interested to be your "supplier". It would probably be much more economical than NZ pricing even with shipping. Hopefully Lego starts evening out prices: we Canadians have been getting more attractive pricing recently like 30 dollar USD used to mean 40 bucks but now it costs 35. There's (a slight) hope that worldwide pricing could fall  :thumbsup:

PS: Ed if I click the affiliate link in the grey box and follow it to a set will you guys get a cut? Or do you need a specific link for each set?

Yes, if you are talking about the LEGO ads in the headers on the homepage and some other pages scattered around.

While this is a ''perfect'' solution it just reinforces LEGO way of thinking to be honest... they keep seeing numbers and selling most in USA... due to those suppliers :)

So why don't you buy something today, get a boat load of points and then use them again in a few days when they run this again.  It's a win win.  I think you are really missing the point. You can double up on this.  You will eventually want to buy another set, so the money will be there waiting for you.

My thoughts exactly on this sale today. I am loading up on a few large sets today, then will cash them in on the 29th for a "free" exclusive set. Holiday sets and clone troopers included with everything. I will sell the holiday sets either next year or the year after when they are a bit more scarce (sold my 2012 holiday sets this year for $27+$5 shipping for a total of $32 each) to help offset the cost even more. If you are buying large exclusives, this sale is the best it will get.

Just came back from the store where I got the EV3 and another HH. Now, just finished picking up the entire creator modular series. Jeff and Ed, I made sure to use your links for each and every one of them. Hope that helps!! 

Ugh... my Amex is smoking....  Now to go worry about my spending spree.....

Where is Ed?  Curious what he thinks about the sale.  On the fence about ordering another ssd. Just made one more order for another tower bridge.  Used a link from bp...I wish there was a tracker number...or some indication that BP would get credit for order.   Please let us know Mack Inc..if all these sales show up in x months (whenever they would credit you)   not the figures obviously...Just a yay or nay to let us  know it's working.  I spent just  over 500 today using our links.

Where is Ed?  Curious what he thinks about the sale.  On the fence about ordering another ssd. Just made one more order for another tower bridge.  Used a link from bp...I wish there was a tracker number...or some indication that BP would get credit for order.   Please let us know Mack Inc..if all these sales show up in x months (whenever they would credit you)   not the figures obviously...Just a yay or nay to let us  know it's working.  I spent just  over 500 today using our links.

There is no way to for me to find out what Willy bought over time.  We do know when people actually click links, but we can't tie it to the end result. We see just a grand total of clicks, impression and overall amount purchased.  As long as you click a link at some point for making a purchase it will count.  Usually most links will last for 24hrs. If you buy something though, you need to click a link again because whatever it uses to track you will be cleared out on checkout.  If you had several checkouts, hopefully in between you may have visited the site and clicked a link.  Its a pain in the butt overall.