Minifigures - general discussion

TheOrcKing

Question regarding the original Jabba Minifig.

LEGO Star Wars Jabba the Hut sw0071 Minifigure 4480 6210 Episode 4 ...

Has anyone tried taking one of the body section apart (safely)? I have a few of these that have loose pieces inside that have clearly been inserted by kids (they jiggle around like a maraca) - I would love to remove them some day.

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...

Some significant changes to the Collectable Minifigures line going from 2021 onward found among the rumor mill here at PromoBricks.

• Number of unique characters per series down to 12 (formerly 16).
  • Blind bag box sizes will be 36 and 72 count (formerly 30 and 60 count respectfully).
  • 36 count sized box "guarantees" three complete sets, 72 count vaguely confirmed to not include six complete sets.
  • Retail per blind bag remains the same.

On 6/14/2020 at 3:45 PM, KShine said:

Question regarding the original Jabba Minifig.

LEGO Star Wars Jabba the Hut sw0071 Minifigure 4480 6210 Episode 4 ...

Has anyone tried taking one of the body section apart (safely)? I have a few of these that have loose pieces inside that have clearly been inserted by kids (they jiggle around like a maraca) - I would love to remove them some day.

Any results?

Some significant changes to the Collectable Minifigures line going from 2021 onward found among the rumor mill here at PromoBricks.
  • Number of unique characters per series down to 12 (formerly 16).
  • Blind bag box sizes will be 36 and 72 count (formerly 30 and 60 count respectfully).
  • 36 count sized box "guarantees" three complete sets, 72 count vaguely confirmed to not include six complete sets.
  • Retail per blind bag remains the same.

16 down to 12? Yikes. Is it getting that hard to be creative? Or does this signify something else, like the end of these all together?

I so like the idea of 36 and 72, but it seems dumb not to just make it complete sets. I know why they do it, but I’ve never been behind the whole “5 of these figures and only 3 of these others.”

I think people much prefer to get all in a set and not end up with a bunch of duplicates. Of course it’ll still happen, but at least you’ve got a better chance.

On 9/5/2020 at 7:25 PM, Alpinemaps said:

16 down to 12? Yikes. Is it getting that hard to be creative? Or does this signify something else, like the end of these all together?

There have been general complaints the line already has had some repeats and/or similar hashed ideas. Removing the four could perhaps better help spread both the concepts and distribution. The line may be fizzling out somewhat although then again I recall hearing the same thing years ago. We are up to Series 20 now with a handful of miscellaneous releases on the side. Ten years for a line not involving any actual builds is impressive.

On 9/5/2020 at 7:25 PM, Alpinemaps said:

I so like the idea of 36 and 72, but it seems dumb not to just make it complete sets. I know why they do it, but I’ve never been behind the whole “5 of these figures and only 3 of these others.”

While the box counts seem to be mostly confirmed, the included ratios for set completion are not or just barely. Like-minded I agree the bigger box counts are a good thing and LEGO should make character distribution even across the board. If for some reason they do not then I question why the change at all. There will always be characters more desirable than others (a factor further exacerbated when such were chosen to have a low count to start with). However a flat ratio could help curb people's chances in the wild at getting what all they want whether that is a complete set or select few or even just the one. Also selling complete sets without extras would be a possibility then.

In the past sometimes the more "common" characters were helped by their higher count for us army builders as it were. But by and far I believe an "even-steven" ratio would be best going forward. Desirables will still be desirable. I mean if someone wants twenty of the Series 20's Tournament Knight, they'll find a way.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
36 minutes ago, Elkkthunder said:

agree- a little surprised speedy made it in. no Elmer or Yosemite but they are gun toting so maybe thats why?

That's probably it. I had to Google the lady pig as I've never seen her before. Petunia Pig apparently. I wasn't at all excited about this series until seeing them, they really nailed it.

17 hours ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

thought speedy gonzalez was racist? where's fudd?

Speedy AVOIDED being canceled!  There is hope!

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/column-why-many-mexican-americans-130026217.html

original article

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-03-17/speedy-gonzales-cancelled-hollywood-mexican-americans

Edited by BricksBrotha

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...