Minifigures - general discussion

TheOrcKing

A change like this and the direction Hasbro is going with plastic free packaging, will be interesting in how they play out in the number of sales. Could see more collectors skipping these completely if they cant easily identify the figures they want.

As bad as I am at smooshing, its already frustrating to get 3-4 of the same character while spending over $20. I can at least blame myself for that failure though. 

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
24 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I want to say this is lame compared to the old exclusive minifigures they used to offer. More people might be able to walk away with something, but the line and experience could be madness.

The cards are selling for @ $15 on ebay.

Screenshot 2023-07-20 at 8.14.57 AM.JPG

• Like 1

215f507b314c53769d8fad70593506bc.jpg
So SDCC is over. I walked away with about 9 of those minifigure torsos, the time reservation system they had was a nightmare on the exhibit floor. It was a webpage that barely loaded and errored out constantly due to high traffic.

Lego also gave out pins, 3 pins total. Thursday was Star Wars speeder, Friday was Sonic and Saturday was Captain America.

There was also a harder to get Brickbuster logo pin, but it was only available if you brought in your old blockbuster membership card to show them.

And last but not least, they hid old blockbuster style movie rental cases all around downtown (in bushes, near restaurants, etc.) If you found one you got a huge prize pack - all four pins, a Lego masters build, a Lego masters keychain, and you got to keep the blockbuster case. I didn’t find any of those, but it was kinda fun to search.

I could see Lego moving forward with pins in the future over exclusive blister pack minifigures. Easier to produce and easier to give out to the masses, and Lego fans were still insane about getting these. Multiple mob crowds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...