Minifigures - general discussion

TheOrcKing

11 hours ago, Thanos75 said:

This series looks great. The goat and that Knight will be super popular. Expect to find many open boxes .

Screenshot_20231030_043343_Chrome.jpg

The silent film private eye looks nice and great callback with the updated Basil the Bat lord of Fright Knights. I was waiting to see LEGO reuse the satyr legs with something else and for the harpy they work. The shroom child is cute. Good call from fossilrock with the hopefully new dog piece. The LEGO world needs more doggos.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, scatttcat said:

Agreed!

Of all their classic themes, they give space its own blind bag series 🫠

All this leak has made me think of is how Castle or Pirates would have been so much cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im sure those will be in the works.  Space, castle, and pirates are their big 3 themes, probably followed by the western theme which seems to have faded off.  It would be cool to see all 4 get a series. Looks like space is first.

I picked up a local used lot today that included a 4851 Spider-Man Origins set with the Green Goblin figure.

Figure is genuine Lego because it has the Lego logo on its pants and top of the neck. However, his hands look off to me. I think they may have been switched with Mega-Bloks hands. I don’t deal in single used figs, mainly just new / unopened sets. Can anyone with more experience with figs offer some insight here? I’d hate to list it and sell it to someone if the hands aren’t correct. 065e84c07914ee0bc75618e216631ce6.jpg
87f90cd99f45712b936913863a042bc3.jpg
29a13c6e51b06320341535d27ea655e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

The punks that open minifigs in the stores are lowlifes.  Im kinda glad my walmarts put legos behind locked glass.

My experience so far is that the same figure in a box may have the same number or they could have different numbers in the same box, but two different figures wont have the same number. And that across boxes the number may be different for those figures. This lends to the production run / factory numbering theory same as with Marvel. 

I saw on Reddit or something about a guy using an endoscope to look in the boxes and thought that was kind of hilarious and brilliant. I already had a little one for ear cleaning that I bought on a whim - it connects to your phone via wifi. I bought a single series 25 figure the other day for fun and checked it when I got home, and found I had a detective before opening it. It left a little bruising around the corner hole, but nothing big enough for parts to fall out. I probably wouldn't use it in a store though, as that's weird. Here is a still from a video and a link to the reddit thread: 

image.png.ccef865e1750b0cfea706b89ec40296a.png

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Tonka858 said:

So the codes work? Marvel had the same system and those for sure did not mean anything, 

Yes, the smaller QR code not the UPC barcode worked perfectly for me, small sample size but I also cross-referenced the app with just using the iPhone QR scanner which displays the code and they matched up to the list in Jays article linked previously. 

5 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Yes, the smaller QR code not the UPC barcode worked perfectly for me, small sample size but I also cross-referenced the app with just using the iPhone QR scanner which displays the code and they matched up to the list in Jays article linked previously. 

I will be making about 50 sets today and will test it out, What I find strange is even though we get these by the pallet, The cases will not all be the same lot number, There is sometime several 

Found an untouched rack at Walmart still had all of the plastic discs on besides the 3 that I grabbed to scan. I was thinking I would be in Goat Heaven but then this. QR code scanner didn’t work either and I’m not buying an endoscope ;) 

IMG_4459.jpeg

IMG_2008.png

Edited by Pseudoty

These minifigure boxes are a pain, IMO.  I saw full racks of these at walmart, but the qr code wasnt working when I tried using the app.  So i passed on buying any.  Since I didn't want to go home and get stuck with figures i'd lose money on if I listed them for resale.   I ordered a complete set of s25 a while back, so i'll just wait for those to come in.  I think only goat herder, and vampire bat will net you about 5.00 on ebay after fees.