Minifigures - general discussion

TheOrcKing

I kind of wished LEGO would have made the reissue of the Chicken Guy unique with say a recolor to yellow and maybe have a lady in the suit instead. She would fit right beside a box of Peeps for starters which is an Easter specific treat. The reissue is not surprising considering the holiday. I only hoped for something altered similar to how the zombie in the Halloween Accessory Set was wearing basically a different toned suit compared to the original Series 1 Zombie but at least something was changed for variety sake.

• Like 2

I'm pretty displeased about the re-releasing of CMFs that is happening. CMFs at $4 were already pretty expensive, but my justification was that it was worth paying a premium for some of the unique figs that required new molds made specifically for that fig. But if they just re-release them (with no color change or anything even) later then I'll be much less inclined to spend that much on something that isn't collectible. (That is what the C is supposed to stand for)

All of the re-releasing that Lego has been doing is shaking my confidence in the longer term value of the product and making me think twice about buying sets. And I mean this purely as a collector, I'm not even getting into the investing aspect of it where the effects will be felt even more. I always knew remakes were inevitable, that is nothing new, but the number of unchanged re-releases continues to grow.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Question for you guys who "buy cases" of minifigures from TRU - are you using the word case as a catch all for X number of minifigs, or do you actually ask someone to locate a case for you in the back and buy them that way? Do they need to open it and scan the figures, or can they actually scan a UPC on the box?

17 minutes ago, Achilles said:

Question for you guys who "buy cases" of minifigures from TRU - are you using the word case as a catch all for X number of minifigs, or do you actually ask someone to locate a case for you in the back and buy them that way? Do they need to open it and scan the figures, or can they actually scan a UPC on the box?

I just went up to the customer service desk and asked if they had any Lego figures in the back that haven't been picked through and that I was interested in buying an entire box if they did. The CSR checked the system and went to the storeroom and grabbed a fresh Lego box that contained one box. 

19 minutes ago, Achilles said:

I can't answer the first part of your question, but I can answer that the UPC on the bottom is the same as on the packs.

25 minutes ago, Achilles said:

My store had them behind the counter. I asked if I can buy them.  Manager came by and said not the new ones (series 15) only the old ones monsters and before. He said the max he's willing to do was three cases. So I said thank you and took the three 

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 0:22 PM, Legbrick said:

What is different about these packs than the mini figs in sets?

The characters are unique with exclusive prints & sometimes introduce new parts. Generally they will never be re-released in anything else which has kept true for almost all with the exception of a very small handful such as Chicken Suit Guy or the Skateboarder.

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 0:22 PM, Legbrick said:

do these have any resell value?

Selling complete collections of a series (all sixteen minifigures) is one way then there is the expanding assortment of costumed characters who have turned out favorably for the most part. A selection of different personas have also risen in collectability while others have performed poorly on their own.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey,

This is my first message on this forum i guess.

Just to introduce it saying i love it and read many threads.

Keep on the good interesting job.

Now to my question : I'm new to collecting CMF. and i'm wondering if i'm going to buy a complete box of the new disney series to be sure to have one or two complete sets.

Is it easy to resell the "spare figs" one at a time ? Or should i expect losing my money on them ?

Thanks

Hey,

This is my first message on this forum i guess.

Just to introduce it saying i love it and read many threads.

Keep on the good interesting job.

Now to my question : I'm new to collecting CMF. and i'm wondering if i'm going to buy a complete box of the new disney series to be sure to have one or two complete sets.

Is it easy to resell the "spare figs" one at a time ? Or should i expect losing my money on them ?

Thanks

I think there are three complete sets in s box.

That means all the fig will have the same rarity ? Unlike all other series ?

Three complete + a few more. Distribution may or may not have been confirmed. You won't lose money on the extras, you just have to know.what you are doing and either quick flip, or grind it out selling over time. My series 14 are just starting to pick up sales on BL, I had to wait out the undercutting

• 2 weeks later...

Disney Infinity is being discontinued, as announced yesterday.  What are your thoughts if Disney is still interested in having a share of the toys to life business and licenses Star Wars for LEGO Dimensions?  I see this as having a very large impact on the Star Wars minifigure secondary market?  Just throwing this out there...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

Disney Infinity is being discontinued, as announced yesterday.  What are your thoughts if Disney is still interested in having a share of the toys to life business and licenses Star Wars for LEGO Dimensions?  I see this as having a very large impact on the Star Wars minifigure secondary market?  Just throwing this out there...

This would indeed cause a great disruption in the Force. Can you imagine what would happen if Lego released 500,00 arm-printed Boba Fett minifigures into the wild? UCS Slave 1 would take a decent-sized hit and there would be no reason to sell the figure separately. If Lego is going to license Star Wars, they'll probably get Marvel as well. The Lego superhero aftermarket is already in a world of hurt right now, but this would be the absolute death blow. No other line is more minifigure reliant than superheroes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, exciter1 said:

I think that is almost a definite at this point.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

So i'm looking to move some Monster Series CMFs and was wondering if First class 3 oz is the cheapest option. I've smooshed several hundred of these, and have lots of the desireables for sale individually.  

I'm guessing i can't just slap a first class stamp on an envelope as it wouldn't be flat enough, Or is it? I'm thinking there's no chance of actually damaging a CMF, so the question is really will the Post Office send it back.

If i can save $2 per transaction, it seems worth asking.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by mudcatsfan

49 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

So i'm looking to move some Monster Series CMFs and was wondering if First class 3 oz is the cheapest option. I've smooshed several hundred of these, and have lots of the desireables for sale individually.  

I'm guessing i can't just slap a first class stamp on an envelope as it wouldn't be flat enough, Or is it? I'm thinking there's no chance of actually damaging a CMF, so the question is really will the Post Office send it back.

Thanks in advance!

You might get lucky, but if it gets run through the USPS machine . . . 

100_4176.JPG

Edited by KShine
  • Like 1

Thanks in advance!

Bad idea. You may save and get lucky on some but the ones that don't make it you will get negative feedback or bad reviews. Charge the correct amount for shipping in a bubble mailer.
never had a problem shipping this way.
  • Like 2