Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

The information dissemination, even on the mainstream L-R media is just poor currently.

Vaccinations are not a light switch or a magic red pill and does not affect everyone the same. An Immunologist reported that a 80 year old that gets vaccinated has the immunity of a 50 year old...that's not 100% or even 90%...far from it...yet many vaccinated seniors act like they are "protected". So if you're 50 you get the immunity of a 20 year old. 

I think of immunity as a battle...the vaccine teaches our body how to fight it, but there are still a lot of factors in play...like if one takes steroids for something, their immune response is greatly suppressed.  Obviously if one is really stressed they are also more vulnerable.

The media using terms like "break-through" without actual reasons or context just adds more confusion and suspicion...People need to know the "why"...not just a new vocabulary. Without understanding there will always be suspicion and mistrust.

• Like 1

I gave a like but not because I like it, but because I appreciate the story. Our family still acts like the people around us are either unvaccinated or immuno compromised, and if we're in a crowded area of people we don't know, we'll still be wearing a mask for a while. It's not a huge issue, at least now that it's no longer feeling like 50 degrees outside.

I wish you a fast recovery and that none of you become a "long hauler".

Yay LEGO!

• Like 1

update, my test from Wednesday came back positive today...

so, there are two interesting things there:

#1, two vaccinated individuals in the same house got it. (We are both really fit and healthy, not that it matters)

#2, I had a headache, my wife had confirmed Covid, and I tested negative. Then, 3 days later I tested positive. 

5 hours ago, House Schubert said:

update, my test from Wednesday came back positive today...

so, there are two interesting things there:

#1, two vaccinated individuals in the same house got it. (We are both really fit and healthy, not that it matters)

#2, I had a headache, my wife had confirmed Covid, and I tested negative. Then, 3 days later I tested positive. 

Thanks so much for sharing this.  I know it's only anecdotal, but it's real unfiltered info that I find very helpful.  We have a 9 yr old and I am concerned over how much summer camp exposure we are "OK" with.  the local area's numbers matter, but your family's experiences makes some things clear.

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Thanks so much for sharing this.  I know it's only anecdotal, but it's real unfiltered info that I find very helpful.  We have a 9 yr old and I am concerned over how much summer camp exposure we are "OK" with.  the local area's numbers matter, but your family's experiences makes some things clear.

Yep. That’s exactly the reason I posted it. My wife likes to joke about my “Lego nerd board”  However she and I both know The value of The different kind of diversities of experience that are here.  (But don’t tell her about my four Castle in the Forest’s!)

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, House Schubert said:

Yep. That’s exactly the reason I posted it. My wife likes to joke about my “Lego nerd board”  However she and I both know The value of The different kind of diversities of experience that are here.  (But don’t tell her about my four Castle in the Forest’s!)

We will see how that pans out next week.  BL posted on FB they have heard the communities "complaints" and will have a response next week.  I guess that could range from reducing the total max sets from 5 (if so, hope they only reduce the order totals, not completely cancel orders), increasing the "limited edition of 5k" to a larger or second run to nothing with the current round and change the format for future rounds.

On 7/1/2021 at 12:51 PM, House Schubert said:

Both Pfizer. Health Department called because they are tracking the “breakout cases” anecdotally the lady on the phone said most of the people she had talked to had Pfizer. 

As of May 1, 2021, CDC transitioned from monitoring all reported vaccine breakthrough cases to focus on identifying and investigating only hospitalized or fatal cases due to any cause. This shift will help maximize the quality of the data collected on cases of greatest clinical and public health importance.

COVID-19 Breakthrough Case Investigations and Reporting | CDC

Interesting info that the health dept called. Good to hear as they've stated they are not following these cases at all. A huge oversight in my opinion. 

Also interesting you tested positive as the PCR cycle testing is lowered for vaccinated individuals. 

Edit: Hope you and your family get well soon.

Edited by dennugsmello

I don't often leave negative feedback - but when someone is so off the rails, I sometimes feel I have no choice.

ebay has just removed my negative feedback, and then when questioned regarding it, admitted that it was removed in error (and this isn't the first time this has happened with a negative I have left) - and there is apparently nothing that can get it put back, once it is removed.

I only wish that I had such luck in getting the occasional negative to disappear.

Edited by KShine
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KShine said:

I don't often leave negative feedback - but when someone is so off the rails, I sometimes feel I have no choice.

ebay has just removed my negative feedback, and then when questioned regarding it, admitted that it was removed in error (and this isn't the first time this has happened with a negative I have left) - and there is apparently nothing that can get it put back, once it is removed.

I only wish that I had such luck in getting the occasional negative to disappear.

I feel there is a story here...

10 minutes ago, KShine said:

Meaning more to it? If so, No - I am a long timer & certainly know the rules of feedback do's and don'ts. ebay confirmed that they messed up when they removed it.

I meant about the clown that earned negative feedback.  We've seen some hilarious exchanges on here and I didn't know if this seller could provide some entertainment.

21 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

I meant about the clown that earned negative feedback.  We've seen some hilarious exchanges on here and I didn't know if this seller could provide some entertainment.

Not looking to rehash (I've suffered enough) - In short (or not so short), I purchased an old christmas train set from the seller, the connector wires to connect to the live tracks (which were said to work perfectly) were completely frayed, and not functioning. After a back & forth, partial refund suggestion, they didn't follow through. I opened a return request, needed to escalate, and returned it. They received it, ending up insisting that i either "accidently" switched them with another set (in which case, could I send the good ones back to them), or I did so on purpose (which would require them to open a case against me for fraud). I tried to explain that the plastic casing on the old wires become brittle and crumble very easily, and must have done so in transit (the box was filled with the broken wire casings), but they refused to accept that as a possibility (and would not stop accusing me).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my Daisy Duck BHDZ in today... disappointed that they didn't put the number on top of the box like they have done for the rest...

Actually, I am just now noticing that Donald doesn't have the number on the top of his box either...

No love for the ducks I guess2ecbada433c02be88f92efb6b68c8ff7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

I now know of 6 confirmed positive COvid cases of young-ish adults who had the full Pfizer vaccinations.

In CA too, where the vaccination rate is relatively high.

I know this is just anectdotal...but it's still alarming nonetheless.

And for the poster (who was supposed "informed" about such things) who earlier stated that variants are almost always less potent when I was expressing concern about them... here's a 🙄 just for you.  We still have all of Africa and most of Central and South America to further incubate the virus...I predict we will run out of letters before we run out of variants.

I live in a hotbed of Delta variant cases. I've known a bunch of vaccinated people that have tested positive. Also know many more with same symptoms but never got tested for various reasons.

I have serious doubts about the vaccines preventative abilities. I don't have any doubts about it keeping those people from dying.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

And for the poster (who was supposed "informed" about such things) who earlier stated that variants are almost always less potent when I was expressing concern about them... here's a 🙄 just for you.  We still have all of Africa and most of Central and South America to further incubate the virus...I predict we will run out of letters before we run out of variants.

https://www.who.int/en/activities/tracking-SARS-CoV-2-variants/

Hold my beer, says the lambda variant...

On a more personal note, I'm going to start masking up again to be on the safe side. My local county is 65% fully vaccinated and 68% with one dose so they relaxed mandates and slowly reopened government offices.

1 hour ago, TANV said:

On a more personal note, I'm going to start masking up again to be on the safe side. My local county is 65% fully vaccinated and 68% with one dose so they relaxed mandates and slowly reopened government offices.

I should add some context for the one family w/ Pfizer break-throughs infections.  One of them got it from working at an office and brought it home and infected spouse and both young children ages 5 and 2..  Apparently the AC was out so the air got a little stagnant; but these were regular offices (not cubicles) and there were 4 confirmed positive cases from that office.  Typical office working environment...not some packed bar.  The staff were required to wear masks except while working in their own office alone.

I live in a hotbed of Delta variant cases. I've known a bunch of vaccinated people that have tested positive. Also know many more with same symptoms but never got tested for various reasons.
I have serious doubts about the vaccines preventative abilities. I don't have any doubts about it keeping those people from dying.
This is the main point. The vaccines, especially Pfizer (which seems to have a lower delta efficacy), are going to keep you from dying or hospitalization, not prevent you entirely from getting it.

Yay LEGO!

42 minutes ago, redghostx said:

This is the main point. The vaccines, especially Pfizer (which seems to have a lower delta efficacy), are going to keep you from dying or hospitalization, not prevent you entirely from getting it.

Yay LEGO!

Assuming your entire household is fully vaccinated, wouldn't you want to get the delta variant?  You only get mild sickness due to vaccine and your body develops immunity to delta variant.  You still need to be quarantined but you won't rely on the big pharma to come up with booster shots.

Right now? No.

First, I have a two year old, so I can't get my family fully vaccinated.
Second, I prefer to not get any Covid variants until there is more data on long term effects.

I'm prepared for a booster shot (I'm double Pfizer) and it's not the end of the world. It's not much different than a flu shot and if that's what it takes for the government to control me, then I've already lived a good life playing with LEGO, so it's cool. :-)

Yay LEGO!

• Like 3