Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

some updates from past few weeks.  Had PET scan which came back bad with lots of activity in the nodes and said either lymphoma or sarcoidosis.  Met with pulmonologist and he felt it was sarcoid.  Specifically neurological sarcoid.  Said he'd put me under to do the biopsy to rule out lymphoma.  Had that weds and called back today saying no signs of lymphoma and to see a new neurologist to talk about the treatment.  He was against the steroids at first but after talking to neurologist said they might knock it out quick.  Said the long term high dosage it usually requires might do more damage originally.  So least have a diagnosis and no cancer for now.  Neurologist said neurosarcoid tends to recur and those episodes I had back in April could reoccur at any time without warning.  So its the better of the 2 I would think especially seeing some days are fine with nothing.  Some days a little foggy still but not to where I can't function.

• Sad 17

1 minute ago, ravenb99 said:

some updates from past few weeks.  Had PET scan which came back bad with lots of activity in the nodes and said either lymphoma or sarcoidosis.  Met with pulmonologist and he felt it was sarcoid.  Specifically neurological sarcoid.  Said he'd put me under to do the biopsy to rule out lymphoma.  Had that weds and called back today saying no signs of lymphoma and to see a new neurologist to talk about the treatment.  He was against the steroids at first but after talking to neurologist said they might knock it out quick.  Said the long term high dosage it usually requires might do more damage originally.  So least have a diagnosis and no cancer for now.  Neurologist said neurosarcoid tends to recur and those episodes I had back in April could reoccur at any time without warning.  So its the better of the 2 I would think especially seeing some days are fine with nothing.  Some days a little foggy still but not to where I can't function.

Keeping you in my prayers . Even this shall pass my friend 🤞🏽

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Keeping you in my prayers . Even this shall pass my friend 🤞🏽

12 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

Yes, hope things are taking a turn for the better for you.

14 hours ago, jdr159 said:

Sorry to hear you are going through all this and wishing you well, hoping you will be on the road to recovery.

Glad that you finally have some answers and a plan going forward. Scary stuff, but you have a great attitude…and lots of prayers coming your way. Hang in there!

Gout sucks

Day 4, or 96 straight hours of laying on my ass; which wouldn't be too bad except I am on vacation, in Hawaii..it doesn't matter where because I literally cannot walk. I have had to drop to all 4s and crawl  just to get to the bathroom.

Apparently, being on a 5 hr flight sitting still and not hydrating set me up for an attack. Water and bland food and the guilt of ruining first family vacation since start of Covid. 

• Sad 9

3 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Gout sucks

Day 4, or 96 straight hours of laying on my ass; which wouldn't be too bad except I am on vacation, in Hawaii..it doesn't matter where because I literally cannot walk. I have had to drop to all 4s and crawl  just to get to the bathroom.

Apparently, being on a 5 hr flight sitting still and not hydrating set me up for an attack. Water and bland food and the guilt of ruining first family vacation since start of Covid. 

Gout sucks big time.  I hope you're able to heal quickly so you can enjoy this vacation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Gout sucks big time.  I hope you're able to heal quickly so you can enjoy this vacation.

It's the spectre that we always need to be aware of for all our trips and plans. Last time at Disneyworld I had to use a wheel chair; which had both pros and cons. I can be perfectly fine one day and unable to walk the next is...well lets say there's always an "if I can walk" added to all our planning. 

So I had a buyer on ebay provide the wrong address. They notified me and I tried to call FedEx, but apparently, since I bought the label through ebay for FedEx, even though I am the shipper, I cannot change the ship to address. Has anyone had this occur and what is the best way to resolve this.

58 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

So I had a buyer on ebay provide the wrong address. They notified me and I tried to call FedEx, but apparently, since I bought the label through ebay for FedEx, even though I am the shipper, I cannot change the ship to address. Has anyone had this occur and what is the best way to resolve this.

Sounds like a problem for your buyer, not for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosmicSpeed said:

You tell eBay you shipped to the provided address and let them deal with the buyer. 

• Like 2

So, Wife and I are both Vaxed as of April... Kids too young.

Sent the 11 year old to a County sponsored day camp... Mask mandate stopped on day two of camp.  My Kid, and most, wore masks the whole time.  3  cases of Covid in the 2nd week.  Friday was the last day, Wife tested positive for Covid on Saturday, On Sunday, Daughter and Son and got tested, Daughter positive, Us Negative.  Son felt great, I had a headache.  Wife lost her Sense of Smell on Sunday, Daughter on Monday.  All of us have been as sick as we have ever been since Sunday... high fevers, body aches, headaches, congestion, cough. I lost my smell last night.

It seems that this **** isn't over.

Edit: Also, I should say... My wife and I still wear masks when in public...because why not, it's easy, and there are people I love who are immuno-compromised and can't get the vaccine.

Edited by House Schubert
  • Like 1
  • Sad 10

1 hour ago, House Schubert said:

Sent the 11 year old to a County sponsored day camp... Mask mandate stopped on day two of camp.  My Kid, and most, wore masks the whole time.  3  cases of Covid in the 2nd week.  Friday was the last day, Wife tested positive for Covid on Saturday, On Sunday, Daughter and Son and got tested, Daughter positive, Us Negative.  Son felt great, I had a headache.  Wife lost her Sense of Smell on Sunday, Daughter on Monday.  All of us have been as sick as we have ever been since Sunday... high fevers, body aches, headaches, congestion, cough. I lost my smell last night.

Edit: Also, I should say... My wife and I still wear masks when in public...because why not, it's easy, and there are people I love who are immuno-compromised and can't get the vaccine.

Thank you for sharing your experience.  Terrible news to hear it has run rampant in your family. Hoping you all make a swift and full recovery.  

Hearing your scenario makes me nervous for the upcoming fall and school reopening. 

More people need to wake up and realize getting vaccinated alone, is not enough to protect you.  Wife and I are both immunized with Moderna.  Things are 'reopening' (doing away with mask requirements, social distance markers, hand sanitizer stations, etc.) pretty quickly around us and I would say 95% of people have stopped wearing their masks all together. Great, just in time for all those CONN, RI, MASS, VT, FLA, VIRGINIA, PENN plates to show up here for vacation. (I commute to work and easily notice when the license plate numbers increase dramatically.) All while other parts of the globe are going back into lockdown with variant outbreaks in the vaccinated. 

Needless to say, we will not be changing our behaviors that have allowed us to stay safe this long.     Stay safe my friend and make sure to keep an eye on those high sales velocity sets😋:good:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, House Schubert said:

Sorry to hear this and I hope you all have a speedy recovery. You and wife had J&J vaccine?  The chances of symptomatic infection after 2 doses of mRNA are low but you are living with the index case. Either way rest and fluids and feel well. 

22 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Sorry to hear this and I hope you all have a speedy recovery. You and wife had J&J vaccine?  The chances of symptomatic infection after 2 doses of mRNA are low but you are living with the index case. Either way rest and fluids and feel well. 

Both Pfizer. Health Department called because they are tracking the “breakout cases” anecdotally the lady on the phone said most of the people she had talked to had Pfizer. 

edit: thanks. The rest seems to be the most important part I think, I tried to work three hours yesterday and paid a pretty steep price. 

Edited by House Schubert
Forgot to say thanks.
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, House Schubert said:

edit: thanks. The rest seems to be the most important part I think, I tried to work three hours yesterday and paid a pretty steep price. 

A good friend of mine said "rest" was her biggest problem.  Even after she was "over covid-19" she tried to hit work like before and had a relapse that knocked her down for another two weeks.  Of course, everyone is different, but I thought her experience might be helpful to you.  Definitely get rest and take care of yourself.  Praying for you and your family!

Also, thank you for sharing about the Pfizer vaccine.  That is interesting.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, House Schubert said:

Both Pfizer. Health Department called because they are tracking the “breakout cases” anecdotally the lady on the phone said most of the people she had talked to had Pfizer. 

Sorry to hear that you and your family have been sick.  Rest up and hopes for a quick recovery. There was a report that came out yesterday which mentioned the Moderna vaccine has been touted as the most effective against the variants.  Although, maybe it's Moderna reporting it.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/06/30/1011684609/moderna-says-studies-show-its-vaccine-is-effective-against-the-delta-variant

19 minutes ago, House Schubert said:

you also need to know in your area what are the percentage of pfizer to moderna vaccines given