10220 - Volkswagen T1 Camper Van

odenisblazin

Well.. I've been following them every 2 days last couple of weeks, searching for good prices / discounts. First stock was over 250 sets, then smoothly dropped to 200 and last week to 175 (end of friday). If there were mistakes in the inventory count, they should have noticed it before in my opinion. But I agree with you that there is always a possibility that they made mistakes.. 134 sets in just one weekend is really a lot for only Dutch market.

134 sets in just one weekend is really a lot for only Dutch market.

They sell to Belgium as well but I agree that it's a lot, even for those two markets combined.

I do believe they keep certain sets and then make them available for sale again after they EOL. So they might have just removed 100 of them from their inventory so they can add them later and sell them for

Wow.. at Friday the count was 175 sets in stock.. Now at monday morning 'only' 41 and that for only the Netherlands... people bought it a lot this weekend and 95 euro isn't the best price available here.. seems to me like a little panic buying.

http://www.brickshop.nl/lego/lego-exclusives/lego-10220-volkswagen-t1-camper-van.html

Also sold out at one of the biggest toy shops in the Netherlands 'Bart Smit'.

...or their stock count was wrong and they just corrected it.

Or there was a warehouse fire and 134 sets were reduced to slag.

• Like 1

I was at the lego store in Lynnwood, Wa today and they had a camper on display but none available for purchase which I found to be curious so I asked an employee about it... to which he answered that they expected more in the next shipment.

Like we all know... take with a grain of salt what a lego store employee says.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Brickpicker mobile app

prob nothing but interesting...

target.com and walmart.com are sold-out.

amazon now has a 2 max per order limit. won't even allow be to enter any value like "999" to check how many are available.

still in-stock on all lego.com web sites (5 per order limit). searching for "10220" or "t2" or "Volkswagen" brings up a "COMING SOON

• 2 weeks later...

With as many people that are investing in the VW camper won't it be harder to sell this aftermarket. Lots of people are going to be sitting on these for awhile. Its a cool set but there's only so many VW bus collectors too. I may pick up one for the pieces or just so I have one but I'm putting my cash into other possibilities.

With as many people that are investing in the VW camper won't it be harder to sell this aftermarket. Lots of people are going to be sitting on these for awhile. Its a cool set but there's only so many VW bus collectors too. I may pick up one for the pieces or just so I have one but I'm putting my cash into other possibilities.

I will tell you that this set is very popular on ebay. I have been trying to pick up a used one for my personal collection and even used ones go for close to or over $100 with heavy bidding. New sealed boxes go for slightly over retail even though it is sill available at multiple outlets. I think this will do very well after retirement. Obviously you will have to wait a year or so but after that I think it will do very well. 

I will tell you that this set is very popular on ebay. I have been trying to pick up a used one for my personal collection and even used ones go for close to or over $100 with heavy bidding. New sealed boxes go for slightly over retail even though it is sill available at multiple outlets. I think this will do very well after retirement. Obviously you will have to wait a year or so but after that I think it will do very well.

I'm just wondering how many are being sold to investors though through eBay also trying to find better deal.

prob nothing but interesting...

target.com and walmart.com are sold-out.

amazon now has a 2 max per order limit. won't even allow be to enter any value like "999" to check how many are available.

still in-stock on all lego.com web sites (5 per order limit). searching for "10220" or "t2" or "Volkswagen" brings up a "COMING SOON

Don't wory just as many people, or more, are investing in the HH. HH has been a popular subject on this site for over a year and a half.

• Like 1

If this is true, I think it is wiser to invest in Galaxy Squad or something like that. There will be close to zero competition.

We are not alone anymore. That is why I can only advise to spread your investments in as many different sets possible.

• Like 2

I think it is wiser to invest in Galaxy Squad or something like that. There will be close to zero competition.

...as well as close to zero demand. My guess. Those LEGO themes are quite tricky for investment. I'll never put too many dollars into that. There are some exceptions now and then like Dino (who would have thought) and Monster Fighters (remains to be seen).

10197. That is all.

While I'm all for investing in a theme like Galaxy Squad if you can buy it at the right price, you can't compare a generic Space themed set with some unique looking Creator set that would appeal to AFOLs. The AFOLs, for the most part, are what supports the high end secondary market, so you have to figure an adult would rather spend big bucks on a cool adult oriented set, rather than some run of the mill CITY or Space set.

• Like 2

Power Miners & Galaxy Squad are very similar IMO. Look at the CAGR of Power Miners vs. Creator.

Modulars are Creator sets. I'm not talking about some $15 Creator set, nor am I knocking Galaxy Squad...I have my share. My point is that there is a lower ceiling on the higher end Galaxy Squad sets than on the mid range Creator sets.