10220 - Volkswagen T1 Camper Van

odenisblazin

• 2 weeks later...

It makes sense that Camper is ready for the ol' retirement home now that Mr. Cooper has arrived in town.  I think Camper right now is like SSD in March - April.  So I wouldn't wait to buy it.  GE is in about the same spot (unless you believe the heretics who say PS will go first), so the answer to "which set to buy?" is "both!"  Camper however is significantly easier and cheaper to store and ship.  One camper looks to be 1/2 or less the overall volume as a GE.  So if space is at all a concern and you have to choose just one, go with the Camper.

• Like 1

It makes sense that Camper is ready for the ol' retirement home now that Mr. Cooper has arrived in town.  I think Camper right now is like SSD in March - April.  So I wouldn't wait to buy it.  GE is in about the same spot (unless you believe the heretics who say PS will go first), so the answer to "which set to buy?" is "both!"  Camper however is significantly easier and cheaper to store and ship.  One camper looks to be 1/2 or less the overall volume as a GE.  So if space is at all a concern and you have to choose just one, go with the Camper.

There is generally more stock in stores of T1 than GE. I'd go for GE GE GE (in Europe)

Yeah no doubt this is a heavily stocked item among resellers, I have 72 and am aiming to have 100 by November. It could well jump to around double RRP within six months of EOL with it sitting around that price for a year or so while the flippers offload. Either way this is an iconic set and is destined for greatness.

• Like 2