10220 - Volkswagen T1 Camper Van

odenisblazin

Guest TabbyBoy

Hey Tabby just out of curiosity did you clear out all the Police Stations from Asda as well? I missed that deal, must admit wouldn't have minded a few of them at

• 1 month later...

Anyone got one of these? The camper van is not available in Australian Stores for some reason. Is nearing retirement?

I am wondering if it would be worth purchasing one of these at full retail here in AUS $170. 

Seems to be a set my wife likes so Im thinking of pulling the trigger.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

If you don't have one yet...and your wife likes it, better buy 2 :)  One to possibly flip/hold and the other for Valentines Day coming up haha.  I would try to hold out for 2x vip pts or a polybag promo that is better than the current one (IMO).  Than again I don't know your local market.  Nobody knows when it will retire...could dry up any day/month.  Good luck.  

I only have 2 and two mini camper van polybags as well.  

I have one that I purchased during Christmas. With all the promos and VIP points I used, it's almost free for me :D I was going to hold this one and I'm thinking of getting a second one to build, it looks super cool. I'm just sad I sold off the VW polybag. Would have been cool to display the mini one next to the large one!

• 1 month later...

For real man!! It's not like they don't already make sloped smooth curves.

I would have bought a Bug set if it wasn't for the hood. At least the designer could have used cheese slopes to someone smooth it out. R2D2's doom has the same issue. Lego proved they can design cars with curves with vehicles like the T1, 8652 Enzo Ferrari, etc...

Guest TabbyBoy

I would have bought a Bug set if it wasn't for the hood. At least the designer could have used cheese slopes to someone smooth it out. R2D2's doom has the same issue. Lego proved they can design cars with curves with vehicles like the T1, 8652 Enzo Ferrari, etc...

If it ain't lumpy it ain't proper Lego! ;-)

I think designing the Bug with more old school bricks can only enhance it's appeal which is reflected in it's high post EOL price.  I quite liked it and ended buying 44 of them during the production run and made a killing.  I'm at 22 Campers now and I expect I'll get a lot more.  Since the Camper often sells at above RRP and Amazon have increased prices, I think this will be a winner too.  With regards to EOL, I see no signs yet and it's freely available in the UK.