10220 - Volkswagen T1 Camper Van

odenisblazin

• 2 months later...

I hope it is - I have gotten really lucky with these and have grabbed three for less than $100 each. I really want more - just an awesome set.

3 for under $100 each is magic, not luck :) I've been watching this set for 8 months and I've only seen used ones for under a hundred. Pbbbbbt.

• 2 months later...

It'd be nice if indeed that's the outcome. The T1 is an aesthetically appealing set with marked details and the price point isn't bad. 

Of course, we can only speculate even with the inputs from store employees. If the rumored MINI Cooper set is in the pipeline then it may be more likely that the T1 will bow out of the spotlight. 

What does everyone else think? 

It'd be nice if indeed that's the outcome. The T1 is an aesthetically appealing set with marked details and the price point isn't bad. 

Of course, we can only speculate even with the inputs from store employees. If the rumored MINI Cooper set is in the pipeline then it may be more likely that the T1 will bow out of the spotlight. 

What does everyone else think? 

Mini cooper would be awesome!!!

• Like 1

A few days ago I ask 3 lego store employee that which set will retire soon

And the result is that 2 out of 3 said the T1 Volkswagen camper van "might" retired at the end of this year

I think the camper retire soon will be reasonable because it have been stand for 2 years too

Well, if it came from a store manager we should all be assured that it will happen.

Guest TabbyBoy

I wouldn't say that the 10220 is either exclusive or hard to find in the UK. All major retailers seem have plenty of them. I have 22 and will buy a lot more if they drop to my trigger price. Just a shame it's been made in bucket loads compared to the Beetle.

Not sure if this means anything, but one of the largest toy stores in Belgium has run out of stock on their web shop.
When you try to order one, you get a message that it'll *possibly* be back in stock in 5 weeks.

I will be in the Antwerpen shop on 18/11, I'll let you know if a store employee confirms that it will go EOL  :devil:

I wouldn't say that the 10220 is either exclusive or hard to find in the UK. All major retailers seem have plenty of them. I have 22 and will buy a lot more if they drop to my trigger price. Just a shame it's been made in bucket loads compared to the Beetle.

I have only seen it at the Lego Store or John Lewis in the UK. Always at full price. Which is why the UK Ebay price remains close to RRP on average. It not exclusive but I would say its Hard to Find - as I can't find it :P

A few days ago I ask 3 lego store employee that which set will retire soon

And the result is that 2 out of 3 said the T1 Volkswagen camper van "might" retired at the end of this year

I think the camper retire soon will be reasonable because it have been stand for 2 years too

Thats weird, last time i was in the LEGO store i had several employees pushing me to buy the camper becuase it was retiring. I say it was weird because i never mentioned i was looking for what sets were retiring, i didnt really say anything just smiled and nodded my head. Its almost like they were trying to force the sale of it.

• Like 1

1. Sounds like it's time for a restock.

2. I wish they would discount this in the US by 20%.  That has no bearing on EOL.

3. See #2.

Do I know whether VW Camper is retiring?  No, but I don't think it is.  There's no indication from anywhere in the US that it's on its way out.

However, no one really knows so if you don't want to get caught without one, it sounds like now is the time to buy with those discounts.