60022 - Cargo Terminal

cobi

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New Airport Subtheme 2h 2016. Wonder how it will affect 60022.

• 60104 Passenger Terminal – £79.99
    Blue and grey with new wings.
  • 60100 starter set – £8.99
    4 minifigs
  • 60102 vip service – £39.99
    4 stud wide white limo and a private jet.
  • 60103 airshow – £69.99
    6 minifigs in a stunt show. a couple of red arrow looking planes with a new thin cockpit piece, and a female stunt performer riding an orange bi-plane.
  • 60101 cargo place – £17.99
  • Like 1

I was just wondering if I had sold all my 60022s too early...now I feel much better. While this sounds more passenger vs. cargo (and the cargo plane is pretty cool) I think it becomes a Christmas draw (which is when I find CITY sets sell the best). Kids that want airplanes will be satisfied with this line. While I'm sure there are some who want all the airplanes, and collectors, too, I think it suppresses 60022 a bit. 

• 1 month later...
On 28.2.2016 at 1:07 PM, Val-E said:

Been a bad month for this set - prices are slipping closer to 100 euros than 160 and I wonder how much of that is due to the new summer sets.

Well with the new set coming it is time to say goodbye to this friend. I try selling mine for 150..

1 hour ago, Seal Cutter said:

Nice work

I completely missed this set, due to my wariness on the theme, after getting stuck with a few City Garages

30 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Stuck?

I'd agree with Seal Cutter depending on buy in, and who knows what it's doing across the pond.  Recent sales here are only around $130, which I think was retail if i remember correctly.  I think we mostly bought these when it was on sale at TRU for around $70(I know I did), but it's still not high enough for me to sell and it's been sitting here awhile.  Was kinda thinking this one would be a diamond in the rough but it really hasn't turned into that yet.  I flipped one at Christmas for $125 cash but have held my others.  Wanted to keep my 60022's for awhile longer too but the new set will slow it's gains. 

26 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

I'd agree with Seal Cutter depending on buy in, and who knows what it's doing across the pond.  Recent sales here are only around $130, which I think was retail if i remember correctly.  I think we mostly bought these when it was on sale at TRU for around $70(I know I did), but it's still not high enough for me to sell and it's been sitting here awhile.  Was kinda thinking this one would be a diamond in the rough but it really hasn't turned into that yet.  I flipped one at Christmas for $125 cash but have held my others.  Wanted to keep my 60022's for awhile longer too but the new set will slow it's gains. 

I sold my dinged up boxes on EBay for $150 and my minty ones on Amazon for $200.  Bought most at Wal-Mart for $74.  It's been a success overall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, asharerin said:

These were $58 from diapers.com Sep 2014. Solid gains so far. Expecting the new airport to help this set. Expecting the next cargo plane rehash in 3 years or so to hurt it. Plenty of time to sell for good profits.

Seal Cutter was talking about the City Garage, not Cargo Terminal.  Unless you think the new Airport will raise Parking Garage sales?

I'm pretty sure folks found 50% off Terminals, but I know I never saw them.  I was happy to find any 30% off at Target.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, asharerin said:

These were $58 from diapers.com Sep 2014. Solid gains so far. Expecting the new airport to help this set. Expecting the next cargo plane rehash in 3 years or so to hurt it. Plenty of time to sell for good profits.

ha ha diapers.com, maybe they thought the set was a load of poo

Edited by Crustybeaver

14 hours ago, exciter1 said:

Stuck?

Yeah. Stuck as in I found them hard to sell for a price I was happy with. Eventually got rid of them all last Xmas for an average gross sale price roughly equal to my average discounted purchase price. These were bought before I really knew what I as doing (not that I do now...)

Had to soak up the cost of the fees & shipping, but put the money straight into 75054 & 75055s, so happy in the end

• Like 1