60022 - Cargo Terminal

cobi

You're not allowed to buy any City sets.  Wasn't this a self-imposed sanction?  Is the embargo off?

Planes & trains make good exceptions to the rule. Plus relapsing is a natural part of the cycle of Lego investing (or at least is for me...I swear off small to mid-sized sets until I see them for 50% off or more and then I'm buying them... even CITY sets. I can't resist their siren song...)

Planes & trains make good exceptions to the rule. Plus relapsing is a natural part of the cycle of Lego investing (or at least is for me...I swear off small to mid-sized sets until I see them for 50% off or more and then I'm buying them... even CITY sets. I can't resist their siren song...)

I agree, I have lots that fall under those categories.

I would like to know peoples views on when this set will retire? It's available still at most retailers so assumption would be that it's got another year left. It's a fantastic set, one of the best city sets for years (imo). I just don't want to miss out on it.

Considering how long the mining subtheme has been around, I'd guess it is going to make it until next Christmas (online, probably not B&M for another year...next year will be Arctic subtheme and the new construction on the shelves for Christmas). On the plus side, I see these in stock everywhere, so if they make it past Christmas there should be excellent clearance deals on them.

Thats the way its looking to me. Most retailers clearanced already but the online sites all have it discounted and still available. I have equal amounts of the terminal and cargo truck as i like the combo. Hopefully in a year they'll fully be gone. I think all the large exclusives going away at the same time are slowing down sets like this selling out

• 3 weeks later...

I love this set and have quite a few of them.  They have been long gone in stores around here, but seem to be plentiful online.  Will be a winner for sure as most don't even look at City as an investment opportunity.

I agree, there are some around locally in my country but they are getting hard to find for a reasonable price.

I think this set will go EOL, but not now. My prediction is that it will be EOL by summer 2015. It's still available on LEGO Shop at Home right now and at some other retailers.

Call to check for product availability in Europe. Plus I believe someone yesterday saw signs in a Lego store saying it is retiring this year.

I think this set will go EOL, but not now. My prediction is that it will be EOL by summer 2015. It's still available on LEGO Shop at Home right now and at some other retailers.

Doesn't hurt to scramble a few of these at a good price like they are now. I see them disappearing around here. Especially with the Xmas buying frenzy.

Guest TabbyBoy

Agreed. I already got some over the summer at 50% and I will keep those for at least two years before I sell them.

I more than doubled my money on the 3182 Airport within 6 months after buying at only 25% off. I think this set could surprise you within the first year. I bought a lot when Argos had them for

I am at 4 now. Bought 3 today for 60 euro each. Maybe I will pick up another one tomorrow and call it a day for this set. Time to concentrate on 60026 Town Square.

Too many sets...not enough time/space/capital. These City sets are some of the ones that keep me coming back for more (in terms of investment)

• Like 1

I have no problem at all with city sets. As long as bought cheap and only the bigger special ones. No Fire and Police Stations.

Just cannot buy tons of several sets. Unfortunately. Choices are to be made.

Fire and Police stations are not good long term investments. They can bring good money if you flip them during the holidays, but that's about it.

• Like 1