NEW BRICKPICKER MEMBER FAQs & INVESTMENT QUESTIONS

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, curiosity is getting the better of me.... I saw a page explaining the user award tags, but can someone please explain the title changes? ie, I just went from "brickpicker" to "brick broker" etc.

just little tags jeff/Ed created to associate with # of posts.

Can you provide a link that shows what title corresponds with how many posts have been made?  I can't seem to find that anywhere.

Here are the ranks in order from left to right in the picture and amount of posts required to level up in the list below.

gallery_2081_28_138564.png

• Brickpicker: 0
  • Brick Broker: 100
  • Brick Troller: 250
  • Brickulator: 500
  • Brick Advisor: 750
  • Brick Analyst: 1,000
  • Brick Manager: 1,500
  • Brick Trader: 3,000
  • Brickvestor: 5,000
  • Chief Brick Officer: 7,500
  • Chairman of the Brick: 10,000
  • Like 2

is there a exact steps file for the mobile walmart on pc?  I understand ymmv but I am curious if I might be missing a step or a filter to use.  I type in lego on mobile.walmart and then I just start picking sets for purchase.  Then click more stores.  Then add to cart to check for price.  Then remove and go back and add to cart from the next store.  Is this the process or is there a faster way?  100 or more sets 3 to 4 stores each and I am in for a long night.  I understand its worth it but do you all do this process or is there a better filter to use?  Or an alert set for walmart in my area for a notification of a set on clearance?

Thanks,

Vance

is there a exact steps file for the mobile walmart on pc? I understand ymmv but I am curious if I might be missing a step or a filter to use. I type in lego on mobile.walmart and then I just start picking sets for purchase. Then click more stores. Then add to cart to check for price. Then remove and go back and add to cart from the next store. Is this the process or is there a faster way? 100 or more sets 3 to 4 stores each and I am in for a long night. I understand its worth it but do you all do this process or is there a better filter to use? Or an alert set for walmart in my area for a notification of a set on clearance?

Thanks,

Vance

Dis you try using stock checker on BP? A liitle tedious as its set by set but it will give you in stock status w more stores.

• 1 month later...

Okay, here's a question: how do I properly reply to/quote someone else's post? I click the quote button, but it doesn't seem to do anything. The text editor has a quote button, but it just opens up an empty quote box. I tried looking around for an answer, and I've tried a few different times. I guess I'm dumb?

Okay, here's a question: how do I properly reply to/quote someone else's post? I click the quote button, but it doesn't seem to do anything. The text editor has a quote button, but it just opens up an empty quote box. I tried looking around for an answer, and I've tried a few different times. I guess I'm dumb?

U are probably using IE. Try a different browser and it should work .

U are probably using IE. Try a different browser and it should work .

Sigh. Well, that's disappointing. Chrome works funny on my Surface Pro 3. IE is, for the first time in my life, my go-to browser. Any way to fix this in IE, or am I just gonna have to deal with this? Thanks for your help, by the way!

Sigh. Well, that's disappointing. Chrome works funny on my Surface Pro 3. IE is, for the first time in my life, my go-to browser. Any way to fix this in IE, or am I just gonna have to deal with this? Thanks for your help, by the way!

Can't  you run this site in compatibility mode? Add it to trusted sites?

Can't  you run this site in compatibility mode? Add it to trusted sites?

Okay, if this works, then yes, I can run it in compatibility mode (thanks,I've never used that before lol). The site looks rrreaally messed up though... Any more suggestions are appreciated, but I'll stop posting about it now. Thanks guys!

Few questions for you guys:

Firstly, I've posted a few times to the deal or no deal thread in the last few days, but they haven't shown up, do you need to have a certain number of posts before you can post to that thread? Other posts I've put up on different threads have shown. I'm still showing less than 5 posts, so they need to be approved anyway.

Secondly, I've put a few of those Azari Magic Fires which came free from LEGO Shop at Home into my brickfolio, but there's no value attached to them, is that because there's no associated market for them yet as they're too new?

Finally, if you can get a few super hero sets which are retired at MSRP or just below, would you still go for them, or are they not worth buying at this stage as they were heavily discounted? The particular sets are Arctic Batman vs Mr Freeze at 11% discount and Iron Man vs the Mandarin at MRSP.

Thanks guys

Few questions for you guys:

Firstly, I've posted a few times to the deal or no deal thread in the last few days, but they haven't shown up, do you need to have a certain number of posts before you can post to that thread? Other posts I've put up on different threads have shown. I'm still showing less than 5 posts, so they need to be approved anyway.

Secondly, I've put a few of those Azari Magic Fires which came free from S@H into my brickfolio, but there's no value attached to them, is that because there's no associated market for them yet as they're too new?

Finally, if you can get a few super hero sets which are retired at MSRP or just below, would you still go for them, or are they not worth buying at this stage as they were heavily discounted? The particular sets are Arctic Batman vs Mr Freeze at 11% discount and Iron Man vs the Mandarin at MRSP.

Thanks guys

you need to 5 posts before that pre approval requirement is removed. This is to prevent spamming

you need to 5 posts before that pre approval requirement is removed. This is to prevent spamming

I understand that, what I should have said is some posts from a few days ago, still haven't been approved, while others, like this one from today have been approved.

The ones which haven't been approved were all on the deal or no deal thread, just wondering whether that was why they didn't get approved.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

HI,

okay, so I introduced myself a couple of weeks ago and since then have tried a couple of times to fill my brickfolio. I've got everything on Brickset, with ACM. Every time I try it says Your Brickset Login Failed, Please Try Again!

I tried different times, I normallu use Firefox but tried with IE, I turned off all ghostery and things like that, I still can't get it to work. I triple checked my password on the Brickset site and that's correct.

Anybody any ideas what else I can do? I'd love to get organised on here but really don't feel like manually putting over my sets.

Cheers!

Is the Maersk Line Triple-E any good to invest in? (The ship)

Would the Maersk Train be any better? (Obviously, the train)

Would you recommend getting one of the above or a modular lego creator building?

Thanks for any replies!

The EEE ship _might_ be a good investment, but hard to say. Lots of people hate the stickers, others not so much. It'll also be a long term hold set as it seems to be a set that was moderately bought by investors and is not lingering at retail. Nobody is sure what that really means... do people not like it? Maybe... or are people passing on it and may later regret that? Possible... who knows!

The train is a great set but it has doubled in value already. If you can get one anywhere near MSRP, it would be a rare find... Doesn't seem to be too heavily hoarded but where is the limit? 3x, 4x? Who knows!

Personally, the modular buildings are great investments. They might be heavily hoarded but they are also one of the most popular lines... there will be buyers for them, eventually.

I suggest you read up on opinions on this site, come up with a strategy (invest only in X, diversify with 1-2 across A, B, C, hold for 1-2 years or 3-4 or 10 years, etc). No single answer is right except have fun and don't go broke doing it!

HI,

okay, so I introduced myself a couple of weeks ago and since then have tried a couple of times to fill my brickfolio. I've got everything on Brickset, with ACM. Every time I try it says Your Brickset Login Failed, Please Try Again!

I tried different times, I normallu use Firefox but tried with IE, I turned off all ghostery and things like that, I still can't get it to work. I triple checked my password on the Brickset site and that's correct.

Anybody any ideas what else I can do? I'd love to get organised on here but really don't feel like manually putting over my sets.

Cheers!

Give Jeff a chance to see your post and reply... He's the only with the keys to the magic of the Brickfolio. :)  If he doesn't reply in a couple days, give your post a bump and the mods will bug him about it as well!

Oh, and welcome!

• Like 1

Personally, the modular buildings are great investments. They might be heavily hoarded but they are also one of the most popular lines... there will be buyers for them, eventually.

Thanks for that!  I ended up getting the Lego pet shop (modular) because it will retire very soon.  I also got the ewok village as well as the UCS Tie Fighter.  They are all amazing but I will keep them in the box.  Thanks for your advice!  

I chose not to get the Triple E because that seemed too risky for me.  Especially with me just starting.

Hi guys,

Been on here now for a few weeks and as a collector/investor for the past 10 years or so I really like the site you've created. I especially like the brickfolio and how it manages the sets and values. I do have a cpl quick questions though.

1 - Where do I find a list of the abbreviations for sets? I've begun to recognize some but def come across the odd one and am clueless on it.

2- Is the there a way in the brickfolio to sort your sets under the subcategory ie Starwars by value, release date or set number. Release date by year would be sweet. Also in the same line of thinking is there a checklist incorporated into the brickfolio so I can see what sets Im missing from a specific release year under a sub category. This would be great for those of us that are collectors as well as investors. Just some ideas............=)

Great site and am thankful you guys have spent the time and commitment to making it

Longshot

PS. Seeing the total value and brick count was definitely an eyeopener..........XO

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As mentioned by gregpj, not had any feedback from the person with the magic keys - so bump of my post.

HI,

Cheers!

Give Jeff a chance to see your post and reply... He's the only with the keys to the magic of the Brickfolio. :)  If he doesn't reply in a couple days, give your post a bump and the mods will bug him about it as well!

Oh, and welcome!

Hello, I am new to lego investing and i would like to ask where do i start??? I bought a couple of sets that were on discount ( Lego Movie Cloud Cuckoo Palace, Lego Jurassic World Raptor Escape, and Lego Guardians of the Galaxy Knowhere Escape Mission), so when would I resell these sets??? How would one check through the multitude of sets on ebay to get a discount?

Thanks In advance

Edited by Lego Fox

Introduction - I am not a Lego enthusiast but have inherited a collection of vintage bricks from late 1950s or early 1960s which are all complete and I their original boxes - examples (but only a selection) include sets 218, 221 and unusual bricks in set 280

I have a lot more complete boxes with all of the bricks included - just want to know how I can go about selling them as a lot and whether anyone would be interested in buying.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

Introduction - I am not a Lego enthusiast but have inherited a collection of vintage bricks from late 1950s or early 1960s which are all complete and I their original boxes - examples (but only a selection) include sets 218, 221 and unusual bricks in set 280

I have a lot more complete boxes with all of the bricks included - just want to know how I can go about selling them as a lot and whether anyone would be interested in buying.

I would recommended selling them on ebay or bricklink.  Another option is to sell on facebook (I would not recommend that).

This is just my opinion.