NEW BRICKPICKER MEMBER FAQs & INVESTMENT QUESTIONS

OK, here's my stupid question that's probably been answered before, but I haven't quite spent hours and hours reading through the forums yet. :)

Looking at ebay and all the people selling set 40106. It's a promo set. I'm super new and missed my chance to get it myself. My real question though is since it's "one per household" how do people have six or seven of them to sell?

This is the kind of thing I'd like to have one of for my child, and another to sell off...how do people get multiples of promo sets like that? Am I totally missing something? (probably)

Thanks!

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am not super-noobie, I have been buying and selling for about seven-months now, but I have made a recent realization that much of my portfolio is long-term holds. I have a good mix like GE, TB, HH, PS, SC, T1, etc, but really nothing that I would part with for a good while.

I would like to mix it up a bit with some quick flips to finance more long-term holds, but my town has a few crapoy walmarts, one crappy target and THAT's about it.

I guess my question is, I see lots of posts where people are finding great online deals that seem to come and then vanish very quickly. I think one I noticed recently was a post for the new SD that was something like 40% off for a few minutes. Where do I go online to find these flash deals? Do I sign up for texts? I have the Walmart app but it does not appear to be very helpful, unless I am filtering wrong.

Need a mentor on this one! Thank you for your help.

Hi, I am not super-noobie, I have been buying and selling for about seven-months now, but I have made a recent realization that much of my portfolio is long-term holds. I have a good mix like GE, TB, HH, PS, SC, T1, etc, but really nothing that I would part with for a good while.

I would like to mix it up a bit with some quick flips to finance more long-term holds, but my town has a few crapoy walmarts, one crappy target and THAT's about it.

I guess my question is, I see lots of posts where people are finding great online deals that seem to come and then vanish very quickly. I think one I noticed recently was a post for the new SD that was something like 40% off for a few minutes. Where do I go online to find these flash deals? Do I sign up for texts? I have the Walmart app but it does not appear to be very helpful, unless I am filtering wrong.

Need a mentor on this one! Thank you for your help.

A good start...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. On my Brickfolio, my CMFs are not listing any change in investment. I have a few Chicken Suit guys and I know they are selling for $20+. Am I entering them wrong? So far he's still not worth more than I paid for.

Tracking Collectable Minifigures on eBay is practically impossible or near to it. Sites such as Bricklink or BrickOwl can because they keep a simple naming system of inventory whereas eBay listings can range from "LEGO Chicken Guy" to "Barnyard minifigure". At least with polybags (except most promos) have a set number to track but the Minifigures don't aside from an inventory number on the box itself.

• 3 weeks later...