NEW BRICKPICKER MEMBER FAQs & INVESTMENT QUESTIONS

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still trying to figure out a couple things. What is considered as a Transaction on Paypal. Is it every time you buy or sell or pay something? Only when you sell? Thanks.

-I don't always go shopping, but when I do I buy Lego-

only when you sell. Any time someone sends money to you that is not a gift. I I mean tecnically anything buy or sell is a transaction. But I'm assuming you are asking for limits for tax reasons or for the initial PayPal hold to release funds.

only when you sell. Any time someone sends money to you that is not a gift. I I mean tecnically anything buy or sell is a transaction. But I'm assuming you are asking for limits for tax reasons or for the initial PayPal hold to release funds.

Thanks

-I don't always go shopping, but when I do I buy Lego-

Hi what are brick points?

BrickPoints are basically the in-site rewards program. You get points for writing reviews, articles, posts and new topics, and many other things. You also start out with 500 points for joining the site. You can then redeem these points for LEGO sets, which you can browse here.

• Like 1

Hi - 

I joined this site because I'm looking to sell two unopened Lego Belville sets.  Well, I was going to sell them on a local "area yard sale" site, but I googled the sets and found that they are listed for over $200.  Sooo, here I am.  I'd like some guidance as far as the best venue to sell the sets.  They are sets 5941/Riding School and 5942/Pop Studio.

Thank you!post-36391-0-06179700-1396557198_thumb.jpost-36391-0-29497300-1396557207_thumb.j

Hi - 

I joined this site because I'm looking to sell two unopened Lego Belville sets.  Well, I was going to sell them on a local "area yard sale" site, but I googled the sets and found that they are listed for over $200.  Sooo, here I am.  I'd like some guidance as far as the best venue to sell the sets.  They are sets 5941/Riding School and 5942/Pop Studio.

Thank you!attachicon.gifIMG_0540.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0542.jpg

The riding school is a little high, i may remove that one listing because its throwing off the scale.  Other "new" ones that sold were about $69.  The Pop studio had sold "new" listings around $90.  These were a while back, but overall I think that is a good estimate unless others here are Belville experts.

Hi Jeff - 

Thanks for the quick response.  Good point, I should be looking at the sold price, not the selling price.  Curses!  ;)

Unless it's the best venue to sell the sets, I'd like to avoid eBay.  Do you have any recommendations re: where else to sell them?

Thanks again.

Hi Jeff - 

Thanks for the quick response.  Good point, I should be looking at the sold price, not the selling price.  Curses!   ;)

Unless it's the best venue to sell the sets, I'd like to avoid eBay.  Do you have any recommendations re: where else to sell them?

Thanks again.

For this theme, I would go with ebay.  I really don't know how many people are searching for them, especially with the Friends theme out now.  There is the possibility that they wouldn't sell as high because of that as well.

When you have this new Friends Ranch (http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Sunshine-Ranch-41039?fromListing=listing) for $69, its tough to go for the Bellville unless you are a collector for those sets and want a sealed set.  

I think ebay will get you the most exposure.

Help! Ok so with Cinderella's Castle $55.99 (reg. $69.99) at Target through Saturday, with 10% off with Cartwheel and 5% off with Red Card my end price is a little over $47. Should I buy? It is a new set. I'm new to this and want to make the right call.

Best price to date. speculation is it will be a hot seller come Christmas ... I would buy a few. Well I did already. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I've been on the site looking around for a while but haven't seen a good place to ask this question since it's not a trade or investment.:

I'm looking to buy two particular minifigures. A Marvel Iron Fist and Deadpool. Not interested in the sets they came from. I was trying to find someone who sold both, so I could just get them at once, maybe save a few bucks. I wanted to see if anyone on here had a online store and those items, since I can't sem to find a ebay seller already with both. Any help would be cool.

I've been on the site looking around for a while but haven't seen a good place to ask this question since it's not a trade or investment.:

I'm looking to buy two particular minifigures. A Marvel Iron Fist and Deadpool. Not interested in the sets they came from. I was trying to find someone who sold both, so I could just get them at once, maybe save a few bucks. I wanted to see if anyone on here had a online store and those items, since I can't sem to find a ebay seller already with both. Any help would be cool.

pm DoNotInsertIntoMouth. He sells a lot of minifigs.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I've just added my first few sets to my brickfolio.

10211-1: Grand Emporium x1

21103-1: The DeLorean Time Machine x3

So i love the fact it gives me loads of stats and information about them, including purchase price and current value.

My only question is, if i was to sell one of them, is there a way of putting the amount I sold it for and keeping track of profit within the brickfolio instead of having to use Excel or something. Or if I sell one of them do I just delete it from the brickfolio?

Hi all,

I've just added my first few sets to my brickfolio.

10211-1: Grand Emporium x1

21103-1: The DeLorean Time Machine x3

So i love the fact it gives me loads of stats and information about them, including purchase price and current value.

My only question is, if i was to sell one of them, is there a way of putting the amount I sold it for and keeping track of profit within the brickfolio instead of having to use Excel or something. Or if I sell one of them do I just delete it from the brickfolio?

Jeff is working on Version 3.0 of the Brickfolio and that will be added with the new update.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

• Like 2

With all of these financial terms and modeling thrown around, who actually works in finance or has a background in financial analytics?

I work in Tax for EY in the UK and did a degree in Acturial Science with Accounting. How about yourself?

Hi Everyone!

My name is Amy and I've recently started investing and collecting Lego.  I've got a handful of sets now and I can't help but to build some of them.  I've saved a few bigger sets like the Grand Emporium.  Some of the smaller sets like Anakin's Jedi Interceptor and Batman Steam Roller I have put together.  I've realized that I really enjoy putting the sets together but when I'm finished, all I really want to keep is the minifigs.  I've tried to part out some of the sets but it seems like I'm losing money.  Help!

Hi Everyone!

My name is Amy and I've recently started investing and collecting Lego.  I've got a handful of sets now and I can't help but to build some of them.  I've saved a few bigger sets like the Grand Emporium.  Some of the smaller sets like Anakin's Jedi Interceptor and Batman Steam Roller I have put together.  I've realized that I really enjoy putting the sets together but when I'm finished, all I really want to keep is the minifigs.  I've tried to part out some of the sets but it seems like I'm losing money.  Help!

Hi, I'm sure one of the more experienced members will get to you, but here's what I can tell you from my experience.

The most important thing when parting out sets is what set you buy. The set has to have desireable minifigures and parts. A great example of this would be the 79007 Black Gate set (thanks, DNIIM!!), which has many exclusive Lord of the Rings sets, and half of the Black Gate, which some people buy to make a full wall, rather than the half wall that the set comes with.

I think the second most important thing is what you buy the set for. Before parting out a set, try to calculate the minimum that you would be able to sell the set for. Your minimum selling price should be 15% or more to make the parting out worthwhile and profitable. 

What is the timeframe that you are looking to sell your sets at? If you cut your prices after it doesn't sell for X amount of time, you need to make sure that it retains its profitability. I've had some minifigures sit on eBay for a while, but one thing that I've found that helps is International shipping. It is extremely easy, and because other country's LEGO prices are much higher than the US, a lot of profit can be made there. 

Anyways, I hope this helped!

Hi Everyone!

My name is Amy and I've recently started investing and collecting Lego. I've got a handful of sets now and I can't help but to build some of them. I've saved a few bigger sets like the Grand Emporium. Some of the smaller sets like Anakin's Jedi Interceptor and Batman Steam Roller I have put together. I've realized that I really enjoy putting the sets together but when I'm finished, all I really want to keep is the minifigs. I've tried to part out some of the sets but it seems like I'm losing money. Help!

Hi, welcome to the site. Parting out the sets without selling the minifigures is part of the problem. The minifigures make up a large portion of profit for any person who breaks down sets to part them out and resell them.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker