What is the rarest LEGO you own?

Had a sealed 10179 and decided to sell it about a month ago due to hearing about the new UCS Falcon rumors, needing money to buy other sets, and realizing that I will never ever open it to build. I guess my rarest current set is Diagon Alley.

As I read this, the cries of a thousand Lego collectors rang out... I would have presumed that with a possible re-release that any original run 10179 would increase in value.

• 4 weeks later...

As I read this, the cries of a thousand Lego collectors rang out... I would have presumed that with a possible re-release that any original run 10179 would increase in value.

Don't get me wrong. It was definitely a tough decision. I just couldn't afford buying more sets or other stuff that I wanted (Star Wars prop replicas) without selling it. As the above poster mentioned, the increase or decrease of the 10179 would depend on many factors. I totally agree with that. I just didn't want to take a chance on a decrease if the rumors were true and the new set was going to be similar to 10179. I highly doubt it as I think it may be Episode VII based, but like I said, I needed the money. I am on the hunt for a well-priced loose 10179 though. =)