What is the rarest LEGO you own?

Have 2 of the NY comic con I love NY displays  Only 125 made

Have an AFA graded 4502 at a 95 only 1 graded that high 

I always wondered this. How much does it cost to get something graded? I mean it varies I would assume, but what is the general ballpark estimate. 

I always wondered this. How much does it cost to get something graded? I mean it varies I would assume, but what is the general ballpark estimate. 

I would like to generalize but here is the easiest way of showing you http://www.toygrader.com/submission_packagedpricing.aspx

It varies on size of item, how fast you want it back, etc..

The Forestmen's Crossing set is the one old Castle set that I have the fondest memories of. I had wanted it for a long time and my Mom bought it for me before a long road trip across the states from CA to MO to visit my sick grandmother. I remember sitting in the back seat of the car building the set, being super careful not to lose any pieces in the cracks of the seat of our old Ford Tempo. I built the set then built many modifications of it to keep me busy along the way. As soon as I came out of my dark age this was the first vintage set I bought...not rare or anything, but I won't ever part from this set again.

The Forestmen's Crossing set is the one old Castle set that I have the fondest memories of. I had wanted it for a long time and my Mom bought it for me before a long road trip across the states from CA to MO to visit my sick grandmother. I remember sitting in the back seat of the car building the set, being super careful not to lose any pieces in the cracks of the seat of our old Ford Tempo. I built the set then built many modifications of it to keep me busy along the way. As soon as I came out of my dark age this was the first vintage set I bought...not rare or anything, but I won't ever part from this set again.

I know this set. The baseplate alone makes it pretty damn cool. It catches my eye every time I glimpse it while scrolling ebay.

This thing is more awesome in person. This is nuts, I was shaking while I was opening the package lol. 

To each his own but I don't think I could ever convince myself to spend a decent amount of money on a singular figure. Out of curiosity, did the exclusivity of the figure draw you to get it or the actual design itself? Or maybe a bit of both?

I must have 1/3 of the original space sets from the late 70s through early 80s, all complete and in great condition. I get a kick out of watching my 8 year old son playing with them now. His eyes bulged when i first opened the rubbermaid bin holding them all in ziploc bags.

To each his own but I don't think I could ever convince myself to spend a decent amount of money on a singular figure. Out of curiosity, did the exclusivity of the figure draw you to get it or the actual design itself? Or maybe a bit of both?

I collect the Superman Theme. 

I get a kick out of watching my 8 year old son playing with them now. His eyes bulged when i first opened the rubbermaid bin holding them all in ziploc bags.

same here when I watch my son play with my childhood sets (6080, 6041, and 6074). I only owned 3 sets (all Castle) as a child.  Luckily, my mom mom kept the boxes and instructions.

I can't even fathom someone having all the sets since they make so many of them every year now, but wonder if someone has all the minifigures?? That would be impressive.

I saw a youtube video with someone showing the boxes of all his Lego SW collections.  IIRC he had every UCS sets plus all sets costing $90+ since the beginning of Lego SW.  He had some of the smaller sets but that was by far the most complete Lego SW collection I have ever seen. 

I saw a youtube video with someone showing the boxes of all his Lego SW collections.  IIRC he had every UCS sets plus all sets costing $90+ since the beginning of Lego SW.  He had some of the smaller sets but that was by far the most complete Lego SW collection I have ever seen.

Was it brick plumber? He creates the most amazing moc's and has a monster star wars collection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L5fbsnenyo

I can't even fathom someone having all the sets since they make so many of them every year now, but wonder if someone has all the minifigures?? That would be impressive.

Quite easy to fathom.  I have every set, and every minfigure.  I know there are plenty of others that do as well.  

Was it brick plumber? He creates the most amazing moc's and has a monster star wars collection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L5fbsnenyo

That's the one. He also built awesome Hoth and Endor MOC / displays.  Now that was dedication to a hobby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj1pvdbYpx4

• Like 1

That's the one. He also built awesome Hoth and Endor MOC / displays.  Now that was dedication to a hobby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj1pvdbYpx4

Yeah it's a big shame that his hoth moc was destroyed. But his improved Endor moc that he just recently took to legoland Star Wars weekend looks fantastic.

A year ago I purchased from a guy on Craigslist EVERY star wars set made up to 2009, (excluding 10179 Falcon).  Sets were "used" but all 100% complete and mint with instructions and all figs.  There was about 130 sets total. Cost be only $4500!!  I flipped most of them and profited a crazy amount, somewhere in the 8-9K range after fees.  I kept UCS Snowspeeder and UCS Death Star II and some others like Cantina and AT-AT UCS etc.  Anyways, I guess the UCS Snowspeeder would be my most rare set then.. I wish I had kept Cloud City and UCS Star Destroyer.. :(

This is what jump started my lego investing and got me the bank roll to get started  :P