What is the rarest LEGO you own?

I'm interested in hearing about the rarest sets/minifigures/pieces that everyone has been fortunate to own. So what was the single rarest LEGO product you have/had? Is it part of your personal collection, or are you planning on selling it?

Up until today, the rarest set I currently own was 3300003, LEGO Store Set. However, since I have started to collect the Superman theme in its entirety, I splurged and bought myself the 2012 SDCC Bizarro Minifigure. 

Ui6URhF.jpg

XtlQoTB.jpg

Now I am lucky enough to own every Superman set/minifigure that has been produced (until the SDCC 2013 minifig comes out). So show off your most prized possession so the rest of us can drool over it!!!!

Right now he is off his display card (GASP) and on display with all of my Superman sets. More specifically, I paired him with the Lex Luthor polybag since Lex created him. The card is locked away in a safe so it stays pristine. The card and the figure arrived in literal mint condition. The seller did an absolutely fantastic job packing it. 

I own a UCS Snowspeeder :) 'Tis the crown jewel of my collection.

Nice!! That is a sweet looking model. I think all of the past snow speeders were better versions than the one out now/released in the past couple years. I have the minifig scaled one from 1999/2000. 

• Like 2

Not my most expensive, but my rarest by production would have to be my 20 NYC<3 Yodas as there were only 1000 produced.

Choppers, did you get him at the store or online? I live in NJ and was contemplating going into the city but decided against it at the last minute. 

Choppers, did you get him at the store or online? I live in NJ and was contemplating going into the city but decided against it at the last minute.

A friend picked them up for me, it was crazy, he got them to send me the sets, then a friend of mine was on vacation and picked up the Yodas for me as I was afraid they would get lost in the mail. It all worked out in the end.

Right now he is off his display card (GASP) and on display with all of my Superman sets. More specifically, I paired him with the Lex Luthor polybag since Lex created him. The card is locked away in a safe so it stays pristine. The card and the figure arrived in literal mint condition. The seller did an absolutely fantastic job packing it.

Can u post a pic of the display? It sounds pretty sweet!

My most rare set is the 3300003.

The 10213 Shuttle Adventure. I purchased it before it retired (at MSRP), but this was way before I got into Lego investing. I got it as a present for my husband, who ended up never building it, or opening up the box for that matter (turns out I was more into Legos than he was :) ). Not sure if I should build it, or hang on to it. And if I do hang on to it, for how long?

Can u post a pic of the display? It sounds pretty sweet!

My most rare set is the 3300003.

I hope you got to build one!!  :biggrin:

As for my collection of Superman sets:

k1kBLG6.jpg?1?9734

5Dib1HM.jpg?1

9JaNohZ.jpg?1

ovFLyAp.jpg?1

r6uyEQ9.jpg?1

They are currently in my room, but I want to find a better place to display them. 

• Like 2

The 10213 Shuttle Adventure. I purchased it before it retired (at MSRP), but this was way before I got into Lego investing. I got it as a present for my husband, who ended up never building it, or opening up the box for that matter (turns out I was more into Legos than he was :) ). Not sure if I should build it, or hang on to it. And if I do hang on to it, for how long?

To be honest, I've wanted to build that set soooo bad!

Nice display, Exo. I like how Zod is holding up that car like that.

On topic, I don't feel like I really own any Lego that I would truly define as "rare". I have an assortment of 80's-early 90's Castle sets that are the most dear to me because they are re-purchases of the sets I had as a kid. They probably aren't very rare by collectible standards but they are the most sentimental to me of all my stuff. I still would like to eventually get the orginal yellow castle even though I never owned that one as a kid.