9471 - Uruk-Hai Army

Local target just cleared out all their Armys at 30%, bought them all, along with a Mine and Mirkwood spider at 30% as well. As of right now i think toys r us is the only box store with 2012 LOTR is stock, that even includes lego stores. Doesnt appear to be any effort to label the sets with a retiring tag but that doesnt mean they can just randomly be sold out one day.

Just check amazon and prices seems low and availability plentiful for LOTR sets, no indication of retiring atm.

Here in Singapore, all mainstream retail shops are dried up, for quite a long time now. Those with online portals show OOS or have totally removed this set. Very limited stock available on local eBay from resellers. Just to share.

Could be a supply/demand issue rather than pending retirement?

amazon.com out of stock (says not in stock) on this set...and 24.95 was pretty good price. Most of Targets in my area out of stock too...

I seen that, but I would be willing to bet they will get a new shipment based on what emazers has shared with us.

This and Helms Deep are listed in the German catalog which runs from July to December.

Germany/the UK don't always have the same production time as the USA. Sometimes the US gets a set earlier, sometimes later. Same goes for availability, so it could be that Helm's Deep and Uruk Hai Army are going to not last 'til December. I guess it's speculation at this point.

To contribute towards the original topic question, my Target has but a few Uruk-hai Army sets left on shelves while my Walmart is absolutely stuffed to the gills with them! (At full retail.) Wierd how Target has some sales (slight but still there) whereas Walmart hasn't offered anything at all. What a farce....

To add, all my Walmart's Lego sets seem to have been sitting there for so long, they have collected a thick layer of dust! Every single one of them! I had to constantly keep wiping off the dirt with the side of my pant leg.

Didn't emazers say that you could still order this set thru the end of the year?

Edit: he did, it can be ordered thru the end of the year at least...

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/3568-these-lord-of-the-rings-hobbit-sets-are-out-until-the-end-of-the-year/

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/3568-these-lord-of-the-rings-hobbit-sets-are-out-until-the-end-of-the-year/page-3#entry126025

His post also said gandalf won't retire, which is why I asked why his info was wrong. I wanted more info to decide what to do with 9471. At the end of the day it made sense to grab them now and not chance it.

Lucked into two of them today at a Target that I'd never visited before.  They were on clearance at 30% off.  PERFECT, considering that I've got two Helms Deeps to match!  I love it when a plan comes together . . .

Couldn't agree more! Feels great when things just flow from one good thing to the next. :sungum:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GL6LH6ufhM

• Like 1

Germany/the UK don't always have the same production time as the USA. Sometimes the US gets a set earlier, sometimes later. Same goes for availability, so it could be that Helm's Deep and Uruk Hai Army are going to not last 'til December. I guess it's speculation at this point.

You could be right.

Diagon alley ended six months later in the USA.

But I doubt it for these sets. However I expect his will be their last Christmas.

I was debating whether or not to pick these up at target today. I went against it and settle just for a few orc forge's. I figured I could have just picked them up at amazon for around the same clearanced price but I guess I was wrong. I don't know much about LOTR anyway.

same situation by me. once the 8 shopkos in my area start running their clearance on this set I will be stocked up well. until then, they sit and rot on the shelves.

I visited a Shopko Hometown in Michigan (no Shopkos in my area) while visiting family. Their price for the set was $65 USD? What the heck?

• Like 1

You're right. Because you should have bought every Orc Forge you saw. My entire state has 3 Targets that say "limited stock"

I picked up the last 3. I had to go to another state to get them. The closest ones to me both said limited stock but when I called they were sold out. The one store that had them said available or something and when I called they said they had a few. I got the last 3 and I was surprised they were on clearance. I try not to tie up my money in smaller sets but I read last night the Forge is a Target only set with a bit of interest.