9471 - Uruk-Hai Army

It seems to me that this set has not a great appeal Helm's Deep seems to be a great winner in the secondary market Considering that you can build Helm's with Uruk-Hai Army, is possible that will be a demand exceeding expectations for Uruk due to this reason?

It seems to me that this set has not a great appeal

Helm's Deep seems to be a great winner in the secondary market

Considering that you can build Helm's with Uruk-Hai Army, is possible that will be a demand exceeding expectations for Uruk due to this reason?

I think that it would be a good idea to try and sell these two sets as a combo down the road, pretty much like Jabba's Palace and the Rancor Pit. The combination may not be as significant as in that case, but I assume a lot of people will like to make their Helm's Deep a little larger, plus getting at least a couple of Rohan soldiers (one being Eomer) is appealing as well, since 9474 does not include any.

I would get them as pairs and sell the same way in the future.

I think that it would be a good idea to try and sell these two sets as a combo down the road, pretty much like Jabba's Palace and the Rancor Pit. The combination may not be as significant as in that case, but I assume a lot of people will like to make their Helm's Deep a little larger, plus getting at least a couple of Rohan soldiers (one being Eomer) is appealing as well, since 9474 does not include any.

I would get them as pairs and sell the same way in the future.

For a combo sell or for the huge number of people will buy Helm's and can't find a 9471

As this is a small set II won't make mega money. But there maybe some demand for the figures as people try to build Uruk-Hai armies.

Money Money Money... Always talking about Money... Oh my God!

P.s. No mega money? I leave it :-)

Guest ph4tb0i

Good investment if you can get it for cheap. As mentioned there will be people who get Helm's and want this set to expand.

As this is a small set II won't make mega money. But there maybe some demand for the figures as people try to build Uruk-Hai armies.

+1. There is going to be demand once these are retired for the minifigs by people who want to do an Orc or Uruk Hai scene. Look at all the sets on eBay in which people have pulled the minifigs and are trying to dump the wall. You can't have enough of these minifigs, so if you can get this cheap, go for it.

A few thoughts here, this set has never been cheap, not that I have seen since it came out. There are ways to save money on it, but it is tough, as such, not a lot of people have amassed a huge inventory of them. MOC'ers and collectors will want their Uruk Hai Soldiers but they will never be cheap like clones, this will keep the price fairly high, however, I don't see people wanting to build an army of 10,000 of these just due to the cost. Personally, I think this set will do a lot better than many here are anticipating, I wouldn't be surprised if it was going for $100+ in a few years. Unfortunately, I don't have a single one tucked away, I really need to change that.

A few thoughts here, this set has never been cheap, not that I have seen since it came out. There are ways to save money on it, but it is tough, as such, not a lot of people have amassed a huge inventory of them. MOC'ers and collectors will want their Uruk Hai Soldiers but they will never be cheap like clones, this will keep the price fairly high, however, I don't see people wanting to build an army of 10,000 of these just due to the cost.

Personally, I think this set will do a lot better than many here are anticipating, I wouldn't be surprised if it was going for $100+ in a few years. Unfortunately, I don't have a single one tucked away, I really need to change that.

$100, that's up 300% Bit optimistic for a small set. A similar ROI in

Problem is noone will want to buy 1 or 2 of the set from you sicne this is considered army building pack (the only one and even then its half assed) everyone who buys them later will want multiple (4+) thats my opinion so if you can get atleast 4 to sell in a bundle go for it. otherwise rather invest your 30-60$ somewhere else.

Problem is noone will want to buy 1 or 2 of the set from you sicne this is considered army building pack (the only one and even then its half assed)

everyone who buys them later will want multiple (4+)

thats my opinion so if you can get atleast 4 to sell in a bundle go for it.

otherwise rather invest your 30-60$ somewhere else.

I'll gently disagree - I think there are those who would purchase this to simply expand their Helm's Deep or simply to collect the range of sets from this wave. Some might be happy with one or two...

In following this thread, I'm not optimistic this set is going to be going for over $100. I'd love to be proved wrong, but doubling retail seems like a nice, conservative forecast.