9471 - Uruk-Hai Army

+1. There is going to be demand once these are retired for the minifigs by people who want to do an Orc or Uruk Hai scene. Look at all the sets on eBay in which people have pulled the minifigs and are trying to dump the wall. You can't have enough of these minifigs, so if you can get this cheap, go for it.

I'm thinking about 30211-1: Uruk-Hai with ballista for the same purpose

I have 3 Helms Deeps, and stumbled across a bunch of Uruk-Hai on clearance during a recent out of town trip. I picked 3 up and am hoping to sell them down the line as a bundle just like others have also suggested. 3 isn`t very many, so I know I`ll find someone down the line who will want them.

Problem is noone will want to buy 1 or 2 of the set from you sicne this is considered army building pack (the only one and even then its half assed)

everyone who buys them later will want multiple (4+)

thats my opinion so if you can get atleast 4 to sell in a bundle go for it.

otherwise rather invest your 30-60$ somewhere else.

I agree with this, except if you were to bundle 1 or 2 Uruk-Hai with Helms Deep. Don`t think you`de need to sell 4 of them with one HD, but you could as a separate lot.

The cheapest I've seen this was during last holiday. They where going for $24.99 on both Amazon and at Target. Great deal so I stocked up on a bunch of them. :) The key is does anyone knows if this set will retire soon or it's gonna keep running due to the fact we need this army builder to be around for other future LOTR sets??

Its possible that it could stay around but I doubt it since it really is just a companion to 9474, its not much of a stand alone set. Since 9474 is being retired, this one will likely go with it. I kind of wish lego did a lot more modular sets in the same series so they could still target their price points but we could get the sets we want. I'd love it if the split 9474 into 4 sets, one for the tower of the hornburg, one for the front entrance and main fortress, one for the back fortress with its entrance to the glittering caves and another expansive wall set.

I was just thinking about this over the weekend as I picked up 4 of them on clearance on friday. I agree with what has been said about pairing them with Helm's Deep to give a more robust minifigure army. I already have 2 Helm's, 6 Uruk Hai Army, and 1 Uruk Hai with Ballista (TRU limit of 1 otherwise I would have loaded up) however none of these are for investment purposes. I hope I see a good price on Helm's Deep and I'll grab at least another 4 which would pair nicely. I think if LotR sticks around for a while and we start to see more sets with Uruk Hai and/or Rohan soldiers it will hinder this set from decent gains (besides having Eomer which I'm sure are quite abundant with so many people buying this set as it is the only "army builder" set). However if LotR goes away after a 3rd or 4th wave (knock on wood that it does not) and we never see another set like it then I would suspect it will do decently well. The problem I now have is not opening any of the LotR sets I have tucked away, they would help build such a nice army.

+1. There is going to be demand once these are retired for the minifigs by people who want to do an Orc or Uruk Hai scene. Look at all the sets on eBay in which people have pulled the minifigs and are trying to dump the wall. You can't have enough of these minifigs, so if you can get this cheap, go for it.

Honestly i think Uruk hai and orc minifigs will increase in price like the spartan warrior did, its on of those characters that you can never have enough of. This set offers 6 figures total and a wall to add to the helms deep set, i could easily see people buying helms deep and then adding a half dozen of these sets with it to create the wall and a massive army. Plus, despire the fact that these sets are sold and basically every big box store they are a low price point and mostly kids are buying them, meaning probably 99% of the them get opened and the pieces are abused by children, so finding a MISB on the after market could be surprisingly difficult once its retired.

Honestly i think Uruk hai and orc minifigs will increase in price like the spartan warrior did, its on of those characters that you can never have enough of. This set offers 6 figures total and a wall to add to the helms deep set, i could easily see people buying helms deep and then adding a half dozen of these sets with it to create the wall and a massive army. Plus, despire the fact that these sets are sold and basically every big box store they are a low price point and mostly kids are buying them, meaning probably 99% of the them get opened and the pieces are abused by children, so finding a MISB on the after market could be surprisingly difficult once its retired.

+1 That is a great point Spartikis.

• 2 months later...

I have noticed that 9471 is gone from a lot of stores in my area. Has anyone else noticed this as well in their area?  It seems to be gone from Amazon as well, other than third party vendors.  

I didn't think this set was on the rumored EOL list yet, but am wondering if it is going away since Helms Deep is almost done.  The few I have seen have been 15% off at Target and I'm thinking about grabbing some just in case it is almost done.  I'm not sure if they will last long enough to see a really good markdown.

I saw a few at Walmart when I was in the states on the weekend, full price though. The Walmart in Canada I checked had a shelf tag that says temporarily out of stock, but I have a feeling they are not restocking. They don't seem to carry many lotr/the hobbit sets for some reason.

There's still a ton around me because Shopko still has them for about $35.00 :question:

I can still find a few of them at Walmart, but I know my town still has about a dozen of them because they are so overpriced at Shopko.  Eventually they will run their own clearance, and they don't mess around.

its been replaced by the 2013 sets in lego stores, wal mart, etc but i think toys r us still has them and everywhere still has them online, prob awhile before this set is done.

I bet this set and helm's Deep and likely also Shelob will be done by December/January 2014

I have noticed that 9471 is gone from a lot of stores in my area. Has anyone else noticed this as well in their area?  It seems to be gone from Amazon as well, other than third party vendors.  

I didn't think this set was on the rumored EOL list yet, but am wondering if it is going away since Helms Deep is almost done.  The few I have seen have been 15% off at Target and I'm thinking about grabbing some just in case it is almost done.  I'm not sure if they will last long enough to see a really good markdown.

My targets put all theirs on clearance for between 20-23$. I cleared them out. Except for one. I always leave one.

The Walmart here in Canada had the temporarily out of stock sticker on the shelf, but it also read that it was not going to reevaulated for restock or something like that. The Walmart I visited in the states on the weekend had a few on the shelf, but regular price.

Ooooh, just ordered a Helm's Deep last night. I'm actually really tempted to open it and build it when I receive it, but reading the reviews, it sounds like it takes up a ton of space. It'd look amazing though.

I bet this set and helm's Deep and likely also Shelob will be done by December/January 2014

Ooooh, just ordered a Helm's Deep last night. I'm actually really tempted to open it and build it when I receive it, but reading the reviews, it sounds like it takes up a ton of space. It'd look amazing though.

It does take up a lot of space. Nice set though.  I personally think it will be gone around October or early November.  I don't think it will see the new year.

There's still a ton around me because Shopko still has them for about $35.00 :question:

I can still find a few of them at Walmart, but I know my town still has about a dozen of them because they are so overpriced at Shopko.  Eventually they will run their own clearance, and they don't mess around.

same situation by me. once the 8 shopkos in my area start running their clearance on this set I will be stocked up well. until then, they sit and rot on the shelves.