Flick Picks & TV Clicks

Guest eightbrick

Haha...classic. 

Can't wait for the new one.  To be honest I was skeptical when they said another one was coming out...but now I am pretty fired up for it. 

Jim Carrey needs to knock it off with all these "dramatic" roles that have "acting" in them and get back to what he does best: Lloyd Christmas.  Jeff Daniels was classic in this one too..whenever I watch Speed I can't help but think "This movie is sooooo unrealistic...Harry would never take a job as a police officer."

• Like 1

I'm glad both characters hasn't changed much from the trailer...both actors decided it wasn't 'above them' to redo a classic and make fans happy.  I have a hard time believing it'll be funnier than the first but hope it's good anyways.    

Jim Carrey makes me laugh more than Adam Sandler who's career/movies lately has also been in the dumps.  Guess when you start to collect +$20m a movie, it wears off on you and want to try new things.  Sandler was good in Reign Over Me I thought. 

Will Ferrell and Steve Carell are my favs now...might not be the right cup of tea for some but try 'Stranger than Fiction' and 'Dan in Real Life', both great movies IMO.            

Random funny story regarding one of my favorite movies and Lego.  I was at the Lego Store in Downtown Disney a few months ago and while checking out (buying a Grand Emporium and 2 of those Easter Bunny sets) I felt that the person behind me in line was invading my space.  So I turned around and was about 12 inches away from Julie Bowen (I know her as the girl from Happy Gilmore, but she is now more known as the mom in Modern Family).  She was trying to stay incognito I think, which is why she was right up next to me.  I wasn't expecting her so was like "oh hey, how's it going?"  We then proceeded to talk about Lego for the next few minutes while the cashier was ringing me up.  Apparently, her husband loves Lego, and she was getting him an Architecture set, as well as that same Bunny for her kids for Easter.  Funny how being a "Dad" I have struck up more conversations with beautiful women than I ever did as a single guy!!

I finally watched the last 6 episodes of Warehouse 13. So sad it was ended after this short season. Lol at the telenovela episode :D :D :D But what the heck was that on Pete's head ? Did he try to impress Donald Trump ? :D Not so crazy about the forced romance either.

A pretty fitting finale and noone went to Oregon to be a lumberjack ;)

RIP Warehouse 13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JSdcvzeMxI

Not so crazy about the forced romance either.

The thing between Pete and Myka? It didn't seem that forced. I'll never forget the one line where she said to Pete, "I liked it better when you just stared at my boobs". :rofl: Anyway, I wonder if whoever wrote up Myka for the series was a fan of the Anita Blake novels because Myka looks and acts very much like Laurell K. Hamilton's character. I will certainly miss watching new stories for Warehouse 13. It was good fun with interesting people and you wanted to watch the next episode just to see what new artifact would be 'tagged & bagged'.

Netflix is now tackling the subject of anime with their very own first series based on the original popular manga of the same name. I have no idea what is going on but it looks neat and one of those 3d rendered projects trying to mimic the traditional look of Japanese anime. It is amazing how far technology has progressed to where a three-dimensional model can trick the eye into believing it may have been drawn by hand at one time although the overall appearance continues looking too smooth and character movement is almost beyond perfect.

Knights of Sidonia

For the past few days I have been watching Band of Brothers miniseries on Amazon Prime. This halluva 10 episodes show was wonderfully written, acted, and directed.  It told a story of men in Easy company, a part of 506th parachute infantry regiment from training through their participation in WWII.  Since it was a miniseries, it had the opportunity to depict the combats and war related scenarios from various point of views, from the Commanding Officer, Staff Sergeants, Private, and even the Medic.  It showed the war as it was, very realistic, without glorifying it in any way. It was a great potrayal of how these men became as close as they were through shared experience and traumas.  The look and feel seemed to be accurate to the era (not that I am an expert).  It had a lot of explosions and gun shootings per the subject matter, some swearings, and almost no nudity.  Btw, it was produced by Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg.

Highly recommended

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wlYPlwjGOY

• Like 2

For the past few days I have been watching Band of Brothers miniseries on Amazon Prime. This halluva 10 episodes show was wonderfully written, acted, and directed.  It told a story of men in Easy company, a part of 506th parachute infantry regiment from training through their participation in WWII.  Since it was a miniseries, it had the opportunity to depict the combats and war related scenarios from various point of views, from the Commanding Officer, Staff Sergeants, Private, and even the Medic.  It showed the war as it was, very realistic, without glorifying it in any way. It was a great potrayal of how these men became as close as they were through shared experience and traumas.  The look and feel seemed to be accurate to the era (not that I am an expert).  It had a lot of explosions and gun shootings per the subject matter, some swearings, and almost no nudity.  Btw, it was produced by Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg.

Highly recommended

LOVE Band of Brothers! I watch this series at least once a year and it never gets old.  I am not ashamed to say that the real interviews make me tear up.  I told my wife that only two types of movies can make a guy cry.  Sports (Brian's Song) and war movies.

The best part of the show is at the end of the last episode they tell you who the interviewees are.  Which is one of the reasons I have watched so many times is that you can start seeing the interviews and picturing that person in the show.

It is a must watch for anyone.  When I heard that Major Winters died early 2011 it made me sad.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...