What Lego set did you buy today?

Picked up a Lego UCS LOT
10188 for $850
Here's the 2 that were built already. DS is missing box. Instructions are ok. Even has the extra pieces that came with them.

I'm glad I got a Shuttle because I didn't want to open my only MISB.
Real cool guy. Calls himself a builder not a collector. Likes to pass stuff along after awhile. He recently sold a Taj Mahal and an Eiffel Tower. Asked me if I'd be interested in a 10179. He'd think about it, wasn't sure yet. He said he may have 2. Probably Bricklinked because I believe he said there was no box and instructions for the MF. I hope he gets back to me. I am trying to get most of the SW UCS sets with boxes and instructions in good condition. These look like they were built once.

I believe the lady is stewing inside. She 's being too nice since I walked in the door.... To be continued.........
004_zps702389f3.jpg
003_zpsc6fcbf72.jpg

• Like 3

Purchased three 70809 Lord Business' Evil Lairs today for $50.21 each after tax (32% off). They were on clearance at shopko for $55.99. I stacked my father's 15% senior discount to get them down to $50.21 after tax. I'm hoping for a short supply this holiday season. Fingers crossed!

My Walmart carried that set for maybe more than one month then never again while Target sold out completely just a couple months ago. That is only my area but Target's website even states it isn't sold in stores anymore same as The Hobbit sets so you could well be right about the short supply issue.

I picked up a mixed use lot of Bionicle, around 3kg with a handful still in their boxes for $40

Also managed to liberate my childhood collection from my parents house without my brother finding out. Will be exciting to see exactly what 80s sets I have there.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Brickpicker mobile app

Bought alot today:

- 4842 Harry Potter Hogwarts Castle - used, 100% complete with instructions and box.

- 7780 Batman - the Batboat: Hunt for Killer Croc - used, 100% complete with instructions, no box.

- 7786 Batman - the Batcopter: Chase for Scarecrow - used, 100% complete with instructions, no box.

- 3451 Sopwith Camel - NISB

- 8461 Williams F1 Team Racer - used, 100% complete with instructions stickers and box.

Just stacked the 20% coupon, the 10% cc promo, and $15 worth of rewards coupons on a heartlake shopping mall at TRU. Brought it down to $69.30 after tax. That equates to 41% off the $110 retail price ($116.04 w/tax). This set should be a moneymaker this holiday season. I'm hoping to acquire a good handful of them through similar stacking methods.

• Like 1

4 more Batman vs Mr. Freeze's clearance at walmart 15.00 in tax free NH.  surprisingly minty.

also was saw 10672 Batman Defend the Batcave for 23.00. 

this is a juniors set but has exclusive batman and robin minifigs which sort of resemble the 60's batman tv show with adam west.

it has a joker minifig which is the same as two other retired sets (6857, 6863).

its low on the piece count but its not a duplo...  i would get them i'm just not sure 23.00 is a good deal - weird too because its a new set.

there were a lot of them so maybe its a dud and not going to be around?  

juniors theme seems like a dumb idea to me anyway, little kids want the cars, planes boats helicopters etc just like the big kids.

Bought two giant tubs off craigslist for $350 - pictures showed covers of enough sets that I was going to be able to make my money back just by putting the pieces in ziplocs and selling below average used set rates, so I jumped on it. 60+ sets.

Well, the good manuals were used in the photos and somehow got left out of the stack I did receive. All the sets were thrown into two huge rubbermade containers, which might have been frustrating enough, but the kid who owned them did mix & match with Kree-o and Mega Bloks. So I am sifting through @ 50 pounds of Lego, cheap blocks, and miscellaneous toy pieces. Very few booklets (seller is unresponsive to requests), no boxes, and I still have no idea if any of the sets are complete. At least there are minifigures, which gives me hope.

After sorting everything out, I'll probably have to use rebrickable to determine % complete on the sets I know are included, then play detective and figure out what else is in the bins.

First unpackaged craigslist purchase, and many lessons learned. Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.