Retiring Soon - open speculation

53 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

With the new batman sets coming next year looks like 76052 Batman2122.png Classic TV Series Batcave might be making an early retirement. 

In UK this apparently has been a complete fail. Kids don't want it as cannot relate to it, some AFOL'S love it as they grew up watching it, but it is not a cult classic. With poor sales and the new batcave / arkham Asylum this might go by December / January.

If you don't like this set, you should automatically be added to the list of candidates for the first MARS colony.

• Like 4

Guest TabbyBoy
6 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

If you don't like this set, you should automatically be added to the list of candidates for the first MARS colony.

Only if there's a way to jump the huge waiting list.

8 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Okay, what is sold out in Europe. The Pop Star Limo or the Batcave?

Which one should Europeans care about? Batman will have a new model year batcave along next week but Livvy will only ever have one limo and private jet.

Edited by Val-E

4 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

There's a difference... Exo Suit wasn't a licensed theme so not many could really relate to it, Dr Who on the other hand...

If you turn the clock back a few years, the Delorean appeared to fill shelves everywhere and was also regularly discounted and it was a butt ugly car! But, people seem to love it more now than when it was available for £23.33. I think there's still as many Dr Who fans as there is BTTF fans so I have faith in this set. I feel the same with Ecto1 as the original movie is often the one that people remember. Hollywood-running-out-of-ideas-remakes just aren't for me!

Don't forget that you are from the UK,  where Dr Who is most popular. I dunno if the yanks are into it so much, and most won't know who Peter Capaldi is.

BTTF  on the other hand, is popular everywhere so it's hard to make a comparison 

Guest TabbyBoy
36 minutes ago, ED-209 said:

Don't forget that you are from the UK,  where Dr Who is most popular. I dunno if the yanks are into it so much, and most won't know who Peter Capaldi is.

BTTF  on the other hand, is popular everywhere so it's hard to make a comparison 

Asda soon sold out of what I ordered so some of us think alike ;-)

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big BTTF fan but, it's only a few movies whereas the Doctor Who franchise is older than me and still going strong!

Time will tell (Oh... I'll use a TARDIS)

Update... I just sold my first Doctor Who for £79.99 back on 3rd June 2017 and have 213 watchers!

44 minutes ago, ED-209 said:

"In America, Fans need to cluster together at conventions or with a small group of friends because it’s a place where they can talk about Doctor Who and share their passion for it, whereas in the UK you just do that at work. It’s in the papers. It’s a huge, popular show."

I've asked my coworkers today regarding Dr. Who, out of 23 ppl only 2 knew what i was talking about. Dr. Who is not popular in US.

• Like 3

Guest brickcrazyhouse
4 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Update... I just sold my first Doctor Who for £79.99 back on 3rd June 2017 and have 213 watchers!

:lolu:

2 minutes ago, nick625 said:

"In America, Fans need to cluster together at conventions or with a small group of friends because it’s a place where they can talk about Doctor Who and share their passion for it, whereas in the UK you just do that at work. It’s in the papers. It’s a huge, popular show."

I've asked my coworkers today regarding Dr. Who, out of 23 ppl only 2 knew what i was talking about. Dr. Who is not popular in US.

sad but very true

8 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

I disagree. It is only becoming more popular in the US

nick what were the ages of your coworkers? 

Never heard of Dr. Who and don't know anyone who watches it (adults in 30s and 40s).  What channel is it on? BBC?  I like the set, but I will not be purchasing any.

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

Asda soon sold out of what I ordered so some of us think alike ;-)

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big BTTF fan but, it's only a few movies whereas the Doctor Who franchise is older than me and still going strong!

Time will tell (Oh... I'll use a TARDIS)

Of course it's popular as you live in Britain. 

1 hour ago, nick625 said:

That's what I mean. 

Can many Americans name the actors who played the doctor over the last ten years without using a search engine?

6 hours ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

The Dr Who set does have one massive upside I've just discovered.  Dr Who is banned in China, which means no copies from our favourite counterfeiters.

Have any Ideas sets been copied by those pathetic counterfeiters, by anyone's knowledge? I've only seen them stick to the really popular themes, like Star Wars, Ninjago, Advanced Modulars.