Retiring Soon - open speculation

5 minutes ago, Infiltrator said:

May I ask where did you get the 20% discount on PS @Val-E?

In a shop. Problem is it was so long ago that the CAGR is the same as for someone that is buying now with 2x VIP.

11 minutes ago, Ciaraf76 said:

Sorry, I'm not buying the modulars to sell - I was talking about the buses.  Will probably just try and sell for £20 each.

I´m sorry, I didn´t read that part of your original post. If it´s to build then, why not? Probably better to space the orders out a bit to ensure you get 2 buses.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Val-E said:

In a shop. Problem is it was so long ago that the CAGR is the same as for someone that is buying now with 2x VIP.

I´m sorry, I didn´t read that part of your original post. If it´s to build then, why not? Probably better to space the orders out a bit to ensure you get 2 buses.

Too late lol, just put in two separate orders, can you tell I'm new to this!

You might still get them if they have a lot of stock. Let us know.

Did you decide to buy them on a whim after the Assembly Square announcement? If so, it´s a marketing stroke for TLG and there will be a lot of new modular addicts chomping up the old stuff while they wait till 1st Jan.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Val-E said:

You might still get them if they have a lot of stock. Let us know.

Did you decide to buy them on a whim after the Assembly Square announcement? If so, it´s a marketing stroke for TLG and there will be a lot of new modular addicts chomping up the old stuff while they wait till 1st Jan.

I did indeed, I was planning to start collecting once I bought UCS Tie and The Ghostbusters HQ.  Last month I bough EV and SC but then when the Assembly Square was announced and you guys were talking about retiring sets I panicked!

• Like 2

I did indeed, I was planning to start collecting once I bought UCS Tie and The Ghostbusters HQ.  Last month I bough EV and SC but then when the Assembly Square was announced and you guys were talking about retiring sets I panicked!

It's sweet when you hear someone being so honest!
Buying it for your own collection, you will enjoy so much in building...
  • Like 1

I really doubt PR is on the nomination to retire in 2016 already. I think it's probably the most liked set of the ones currently available: PS, PC, PR, DO and BB.

The last retirement of these Advanced Modulars happened in October 2014, according to Brickset, when both Townhall and Grand Emporium retired at the same time.

I guess it's really not a matter IF one of the current sets gets retired Q4 2016, but which one, or maybe even which ones... I still would bet on PS and PC both getting the boot.

• Like 1

Looks like Scooby-Doo sets are candidates for retiring soon.
At least in Switzerland the set Mystery Mansion (75904) can't be ordered on Lego.com any more and there is the comment "temporarily out of stock" without any additional information. Last time I saw this on the SW AT-AT set and it changed to "retired" in a very short time. Also at swiss online stores the Mystery Mansion can't be ordered any more which is an additional hint.

11 minutes ago, Haay said:

I really doubt PR is on the nomination to retire in 2016 already. I think it's probably the most liked set of the ones currently available: PS, PC, PR, DO and BB.

The last retirement of these Advanced Modulars happened in October 2014, according to Brickset, when both Townhall and Grand Emporium retired at the same time.

I guess it's really not a matter IF one of the current sets gets retired Q4 2016, but which one, or maybe even which ones... I still would bet on PS and PC both getting the boot.

it is difficult to guess without reliable source

Guest TabbyBoy

I've just had the UK Xmas 2016 catalogue delivered with my "daren't mention on here" sets. The following sets I thought could retire by the end of 2016 are in it so they live on:

Slave I (Not too bothered as a superb set and I wouldn't mind another)

Simpsons House & Kwik E Mart (Am I bovvered? No!)

Tower Bridge (This is getting a bit boring now)

Palace Cinema (Could it be the Pet Shop that's going even though it's shown in the scene on page 57?)

T1 Camper Van (I think I'll hibernate for the next 10 years!

Of course, the catalogue only shows 0.001% of what's available so the above is just a tiny fraction of the hangers-on for this year.

It was nice to see the Beatles Yellow Submarine in there, it looks fantastic and I'm placing an order as soon as it's released.

Oh.. There's a 40222 promo for >£60 spend (23OCT-20NOV) and a voucher code at the back for £5 off >£30 spend (01DEC-18DEC)

11 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Of course, the catalogue only shows 0.001% of what's available so the above is just a tiny fraction of the hangers-on for this year.

It was nice to see the Beatles Yellow Submarine in there, it looks fantastic and I'm placing an order as soon as it's released.

Oh.. There's a 40222 promo for >£60 spend (23OCT-20NOV) and a voucher code at the back for £5 off >£30 spend (01DEC-18DEC)

What do you think on London Bus vs 40222 promo for which will be worth more, I think 40222 myself for flipping this year anyway, not as sure longer term.

Can you share the voucher code, or is it individual to the catalogue, typically there's no code on the online version.

Guest TabbyBoy
35 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

What do you think on London Bus vs 40222 promo for which will be worth more, I think 40222 myself for flipping this year anyway, not as sure longer term.

Can you share the voucher code, or is it individual to the catalogue, typically there's no code on the online version.

I've googled the voucher code and there's no hits so it must be unique to me. If it was generic, it would be plastered all over the voucher sites by now. Since the VW camper polybag is reaching £30 (I still have 8 of them), I'm in no rush to sell the London Buses I have as the eBay is flooded with them anyway. I always seem to get a better price for promo sets a while after the promotion ends. 40222 is only getting about £15 now so, if I get any, I'll sell them next year.

If you've recently ordered something from LEGO Shop at Home, hopefully you'll get the Xmas catalogue in the box,

51 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

T1 remains a very popular set. A local store near me had 4-5 new ones in September, now they only have one left. Even with all the hoarding going on, I still think it would do pretty good post-retirement.

1 minute ago, Infiltrator said:

I think Parisian Restaurant won't retire, since there are the same green bricks in the middle building of the 10255 Assembly Square as in the Parisian Restaurant.
Maybe this is an indicator for staying on the shelf?!?

I think the newer folks are getting a little over their skis thinking PC or PR are going this year.

Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, Ciglione said:

Yeah... and if they would ever retire it a rehash will come along 9 months later with some cheese wedges and updated figs... ooh wait!

TB doesn't carry a licence fee so it could well me around for many more years. Every time I go to John Lewis, another have gone from the shelf and replaced with a new one. Latest seal code is 39S6 (Same as T1) so it's far from done! ;-(

In the extremely unlikely event of a modular retiring this year, I reckon the PS will go but, I don't think there'll be panic like there was with the TH. If the PS doesn't climb within a year of EOL, I'm buying no more modulars for investment, just for my collection.

1 minute ago, TabbyBoy said:

TB doesn't carry a licence fee so it could well me around for many more years. Every time I go to John Lewis, another have gone from the shelf and replaced with a new one. Latest seal code is 39S6 (Same as T1) so it's far from done! ;-(

In the extremely unlikely event of a modular retiring this year, I reckon the PS will go but, I don't think there'll be panic like there was with the TH. If the PS doesn't climb within a year of EOL, I'm buying no more modulars for investment, just for my collection.

Also no less right?

Just now, asharerin said:

I think the newer folks are getting a little over their skis thinking PC or PR are going this year.

I don't event think that PS might go this year. Maybe next year because PS fits perfectly to the AS with the 1,5 length size.
If I'm right, the modular aftermarket is almost destroyed...

4 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

I've just had the UK Xmas 2016 catalogue delivered with my "daren't mention on here" sets. The following sets I thought could retire by the end of 2016 are in it so they live on:

Slave I (Not too bothered as a superb set and I wouldn't mind another)

Simpsons House & Kwik E Mart (Am I bovvered? No!)

Tower Bridge (This is getting a bit boring now)

Palace Cinema (Could it be the Pet Shop that's going even though it's shown in the scene on page 57?)

I've just received the catalogue too - did the UK miss a period?  I got the Jan to June catalogue and then it jumped to Christmas 2016...

2 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I just stopped buying modulars.

Have now 21 in total - way too much. They are fantastic, but atm not the best investment.