Happy Father's Day!

TheOrcKing

• 1 year later...

Happy Father's Day to you as well, Ed, and to all of the other Picker Dads out there.

My wife and daughter drove to Madison for the day to go shopping, so my son and I took my Dad out for breakfast this morning. I've spent the rest of the day sorting a bulk lot and playing Red Dead 2. Steaks on the grill for supper. I'd say it's been a pretty good day!

• Like 4

Happy Father’s Day Ed and to rest of the fathers in this wonderful community!  Part of my special dinner was corn of the cob (the rest of the dinner was sauerkraut with grilled sausage).  After finishing dinner I asked my son to please clean up the corn on his chair.  He promptly and efficiently swept the corn on the floor with his hands for the dog to eat.  I have to give him credit for his ingenuity.   :)   

I spent the afternoon with him at the local indoor pool and water slide park while my daughter stayed home and my wife napped (hey, I could use a nap too).  It has been a great day that started with a pool party for one their friends.  My present was a display case that holds 72 minifigures.    

So far a great day...

The boy helped me find pieces as I started this much belated build of the The Mustang.

Very satisfying and interesting build techniques. The Wife, for the most part left me alone, while she took on some much belated spring cleaning; she helped plan for a trip for me to take w/ my buddies to Vegas, so couldn't ask for more.

really lucky.

Yes quite a nice day all around.  Love hearing the positive family bonding:)  As for Lego, couple friends and I built the Flintstones set.  Was planning to the build the lunar lander but was glad changed course because we had a good time talking toons.   Missin' my Son in Collage, but We talked a bunch.  Happy Fathers day Y'all

• TheOrcKing changed the title to Happy Father's Day!
4 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

not much of a traditional father's day...I felt like I did more for my family than vice-versa

then again...the best gift is to be ABLE to give to others...so there's that I guess...

Lol, says the guy that was "emotionally" cheating on his family. Good stuff man, keep em coming.

On 6/19/2023 at 2:54 PM, 46andTWO said:

Lol, says the guy that was "emotionally" cheating on his family. Good stuff man, keep em coming.

Here is something I've learned firsthand' no matter how someone looks or acts, you truly never know what's happening in their lives. Be kind, you never know what someone is going through.  

• Like 3

23 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

Here is something I've learned firsthand' no matter how someone looks or acts, you truly never know what's happening in their lives. Be kind, you never know what someone is going through.  

hey thanks for that.  I only shared like a small fraction of the whole story..I had no intention of airing out my dirty laundry here...I figure the concept of being so involved with an online entity would be interesting to discuss here.

That said, I recently used ChatGPT for the 1st time and yes work related.  Surprisingly easy and surprisingly useful.  everyone really should just try it..if only to get your toes wet...

23 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

You are absolutely right, the world does need more kindness. I apologize Joe for my lack of compassion,  hope all is well with you and yours.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2023 at 5:09 PM, 46andTWO said:

You are absolutely right, the world does need more kindness. I apologize Joe for my lack of compassion,  hope all is well with you and yours.

no worries...actually my post served two sentiments...one was the sarcastic view which your reacted to...but the flip side was that last part...not gonna lie...it was touch and go for a few days there in keeping the family together...and so I was genuinely grateful for still having a family to give to...