Happy Father's Day!

TheOrcKing

• 2 years later...
18 hours ago, lukiepete said:

What Terry said, except "Seattle Seahawks." :) #gohawks! ... and just to be mean-spirited (but not really, just in that nudging football rivalry sort of way): http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000460343/NFC-Championship-Packers-vs-Seahawks-highlights:)

HA! It's all good. That game still gives me indigestion. I still can't believe they choked it away the way they did. We don't get too worked up over big losses here in GB, though. Life goes on, and we have almost 100 years of tradition and thirteen world championships to fall back on, which eases the pain of a big loss. Not to mention being completely spoiled at the quarterback position for the past 25 years with two Hall of Famers in Favre and Rodgers. 

If you are interested in ever attending a game in Titletown, which I HIGHLY recommend if you are a true football fan, send me a PM. Every season I am able to get my hands on a couple dozen extra tickets in addition to my season tickets. I resell the extras to pay for my season tickets. I always price them below the going rate on stubhub. This year I will have a few extra Seahawk tickets for the December game. The sights, smells, and atmosphere on a football Sunday in Green Bay are truly unique. The tailgating is unparalleled. My house is a short ten minute walk from Lambeau Field, so I always offer those who buy from me a free parking space in my driveway as well. Keep me in mind.

GO! PACK! GO!

5 hours ago, terrymc4677 said:

HA! It's all good. That game still gives me indigestion. I still can't believe they choked it away the way they did. We don't get too worked up over big losses here in GB, though. Life goes on, and we have almost 100 years of tradition and thirteen world championships to fall back on, which eases the pain of a big loss. Not to mention being completely spoiled at the quarterback position for the past 25 years with two Hall of Famers in Favre and Rodgers. 

If you are interested in ever attending a game in Titletown, which I HIGHLY recommend if you are a true football fan, send me a PM. Every season I am able to get my hands on a couple dozen extra tickets in addition to my season tickets. I resell the extras to pay for my season tickets. I always price them below the going rate on stubhub. This year I will have a few extra Seahawk tickets for the December game. The sights, smells, and atmosphere on a football Sunday in Green Bay are truly unique. The tailgating is unparalleled. My house is a short ten minute walk from Lambeau Field, so I always offer those who buy from me a free parking space in my driveway as well. Keep me in mind.

GO! PACK! GO!

All of that is awesome! Just like Lego! :) Growing up, I was a huge Favre fan and really got into GB, particularly when I went through a phase when I was around 12 or 13 when every book I picked up was some sort of "history of football" book where giants like Lombardi and Starr loomed large. I also love the fact that it's basically owned by the community (shares for your favorite team!). Anyway, you're dead-on with the history. It's rich. I think if I didn't grow up in Seattle, I would have been a Packers fan. Still, they're one of my favorite franchises out there. If there was any possible way I could make it for December I would sport my #beastmode jersey and rally with the cheeseheads. Alas, Paris is a long, long commute for a ball game.

Happy Dad's Day to you (and anyone else reading this) and hope you all got to build something fun! 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DADS!!

Here's a shout out to the awesome father's who make big sacrifices on a daily basis just to spend more time with their kids! My question for you...What are you and your kids going to build today? We are cracking into the Carousel....can't wait to put this one on display!! Enjoy your day!!

• Like 8

My wife offered to get up with our son overnight, so I stayed up late to finish Slave I. I usually get to steal an hour a few nights a week after bedtime to build, so it took about three weeks. This afternoon my daughter and I are going to break out her Duplo rocket and Saturn V!

PS I finally got some shelves!

cdaf7a15b2cede7078c4d89ca3c825fb.jpg

8aa8915aefb7b672ef41040c1d1f9b56.jpg

70ae96384d3c8293526f7cc74110a3ed.jpg

• Like 8

• TheOrcKing changed the title to Happy Father's Day!