Ideas #005: 21104 - NASA Mars Science Laboratory Curiosity Rover

Etan

I haven't sold anything in weeks on ebay. the only activity on my ebay account is done by crickets.

I have 3 Rovers left. I will probably keep them till eternity.

That's probably not a good idea as this is the second Mars Rover. I would expect a third.

I could have easily sold a lot of mine at $115 but decided to just wait patiently at the next price point:D

On eBay,  Not sure about easily. On Amazon, yes but not the same yield. 

Only 31 sellers on eBay, the same as 12012, a few with multiples. I was going to do 10 more at $125 but I'm good with waiting on $149 the most I could expect from this set. 

On eBay,  Not sure about easily. On Amazon, yes but not the same yield. 

Only 31 sellers on eBay, the same as 12012, a few with multiples. I was going to do 10 more at $125 but I'm good with waiting on $149 the most I could expect from this set. 

guess i should of bought those cases when you offered

• Like 1

Finally sold my last Rover today (out of +40 sets), $144.99 CAN before fees/shipping.  Been no activity on this last one for 4-5 months easily...ok by me to check this set off my inventory list permanently and move one.  The box art is nice but I didn't have any interest in opening/building it.

Hope others holding longer term see higher profits.  Set was easy to ship and didn't have to wait too long for good ROI so overall a nice winner for investors.   

Edited by weakside
  • Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

I've managed to aquire a few more of these and I'm keeping them for the very long haul. I won't be surprised to see them reaching £100+ in a year or so as it'll only get rarer and even more appealing due to our appetite for news of myterious Mars. This is one of those very special sets where you just have to bite the bullet and fill your boots at every opportunity. The RI is another such set that I have a lot of and it's already 2x RRP. The beauty of these sets is cheap Worldwide postage due to their relatively small size.

For me it is still not understandable that every day about two sets are sold on Ebay in US but only one set is sold in two or three WEEKS in Germany, although the price of about 100 Euro incl. shipping is similar to the US price....

Well that answer is easy: No demand at this price in the EU.

• 1 month later...

Nasa plans to announce major scientific finding about Mars: http://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-to-announce-mars-mystery-solved

If the rover has discovered water or even signs of life... we Earthlings would have so many questions, like how would it impact the Lego Mars Rover?  It's already orbiting at around $100, but could it skyrocket to $1,000?  If the rover found life, it could become the most famous exploration vehicle in history.

Edited by snot
  • Like 4

Given that one of the few mentioned participants is a graduate students it's pretty straightforward to work out what the topic will be. The main topic that student worked on in the past was salty water flows during the warm Martian summers. This fits with the other people in the press conference. So, I'll bet on the main message being "We found evidence for liquid water on Mars", or packaged similarly for the public. And this would be big news.

But it wouldn't be big news for the rover. This discovery would have been done using HiRISE - a satellite. It might still draw attention to the rover nevertheless, of course.

Edited by 10230

Given that one of the few mentioned participants is a graduate students it's pretty straightforward to work out what the topic will be. The main topic that student worked on in the past was salty water flows during the warm Martian summers. This fits with the other people in the press conference. So, I'll bet on the main message being "We found evidence for liquid water on Mars", or packaged similarly for the public. And this would be big news.

But it wouldn't be big news for the rover. This discovery would have been done using HiRISE - a satellite. It might still draw attention to the rover nevertheless, of course.

There you have it ladies and gentlemen: http://www.cnbc.com/2015/09/28/ter-nasa.html

Edited by brickinfinite
  • Like 1

There you have it ladies and gentlemen: http://www.cnbc.com/2015/09/28/ter-nasa.html

So are they going to send one or both rovers to investigate further ?

ETA: found my answer somewhere else, the short answer is no, the rovers cannot go to that zone.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/29/science/space/mars-life-liquid-water.html?_r=0

Edited by Darth_Raichu

• 2 months later...