Update on New Forum!!

My personal opinion is that forum rank should be calculated, or at least weighted with, reputation.

The idea being your rank is more indicative of the general quality of your posts versus the sheer, cold amounts of posts you make.

TOK is an example of both quality and quantity coming together, so he's a prime example of someone I'd expect with an extremely high forum rank if his overwriting Moderator tag wasn't present.

My personal opinion is that forum rank should be calculated, or at least weighted with, reputation.

The idea being your rank is more indicative of the general quality of your posts versus the sheer, cold amounts of posts you make.

TOK is an example of both quality and quantity coming together, so he's a prime example of someone I'd expect with an extremely high forum rank if his overwriting Moderator tag wasn't present.

While I think your idea is good, it can also open a whole bunch of issues.  People will argue that they think their posts deserve a better quality and mine should be higher because I think their posts aren't as good as mine.  Sometimes when things get too complex, it is no longer fun and people lose interest.  This is a forum about LEGO investing, sales, collecting, fun, etc.  What you said about TOK is true and that is why he is a mod as well as the other people are mods.  Sure more members qualify as mods, but we don't need 25 mods right now.  Hopefully one day we will. 

For now, the forums will stay as they are.  We will add more awards (some are for fun, some are true awards).  Some of the awards will be there to allow members to see who post "quality".

There are two really big projects being worked on now and I still need to circle back to the brickfolio and add features there.  So Ed and I take note of all the suggestions and talk about them all.  There are some we know we want to implement in time.  We just want to get through some of this other stuff first.

That's fine, I said it because I actually think they have too many.

Agreed. Breaking down moderators by theme and having regulators complicates things. I mentioned that page because I liked the layout and structure of how they explained the ranks. They do have lots of awards and ranks that really becomes confusing since not all of them are listed. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Agreed. Breaking down moderators by theme and having regulators complicates things. I mentioned that page because I liked the layout and structure of how they explained the ranks. They do have lots of awards and ranks that really becomes confusing since not all of them are listed. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

They have a whole heaping load of tags that do not make much sense either, and nothing is shown when you 'mouse over' any of the tag icons either so no help there either. It's more confusing than it needs to be in my opinion. I just like things to be straight and right to the point.

• 1 month later...
Guest eightbrick

As a casual/daily visitor to this site, how does one advance in rank? What are the levels of these ranks? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

Ranks are determined by the number of posts you have.

brickpicker_ranks.jpg

This picture shows the different ranks. I am not quite sure, but I think these are the rank advances:

Brickpicker (0 posts)

Brick Broker (100 posts)

Brick Troller (250 or 300 posts, I can't remember which)

Brickulator (500 posts)

Brick Adviser (750 posts)

Brick Analysist (1000 posts)

With these next ones I'm not as sure, just guessing based on what I've gathered:

Brick(folio) Manager (1500 posts?)

Brick Trader (2500 posts?)

Brickvestor (5000 posts?)

Chief Brick Officer (7500-10000 posts?)

Chairman of the Brick (20000 posts?)

Hope that helped give you a rough idea of how one advances in rank.

Brian is pretty much spot on.

Brick Troller is 250

These are also right I think:

Brick(folio) Manager (1500 posts)

Brick Trader (2500 posts)

Not sure but we have someone hitting that 5k soon :)

Brickvestor (5000 posts?)

Don't know but probably about right:
Chief Brick Officer (7500-10000 posts?)

Chairman of the Brick (20000 posts?)

I think it is currently setup like this (number of posts):

BRICKPICKER 0

BRICK BROKER 100

BRICK TROLLER 250

BRICKULATOR 500

BRICK ADVISOR 750

BRICK ANALYST 1000

BRICKFOLIO MANAGER 1500