Update on New Forum!!

The new forum is LIVE and in what I am calling Beta Mode!!

The reason I am calling it beta status is because I know there are still some items that need to be tweaked and figured out yet.  Overall, it was a real pain in the butt and hopefully the last time I will ever need to do this. We both truly believe while it was unfortunate to take the forum down for this long, moving forward, the features and ideas we have for this will be worth it.

A few things to note (the bad news):

• All your private messages are not on this forum, you will be starting over from scratch (sorry about that)
  • You will need to add your avatar
  • We are still working out the single sign on code.  There may be a chance you will see an error when logging in from the main site and visiting the forum (this is especially true for new members that have never been to the forum yet)
  • Polls are gone
  • I am sure there are things I have not noticed yet in the overall setup of the forum.  The features here are 1.2 billion times more robust than the last one
  • I need to tweak the template to work better on mobile devices
  • I will get the latest forum posts on the home page as soon as I can
  • Links to old forum in Google or other search engines will be erratic for a bit until the search engines can reindex the new forum and forget about the old one.

Brickpoints

Brickpoints are still here, but there will be a little bit of work to transition everything to the new style and a few rules may change.  I will be removing the current Brickpoints page and log for bit since it will not be updating like it did before.  Ed and I will have an update on Brickpoints once everything is fully clear to us. 

NOW FOR SOME SUPER GREAT NEWS!!!!!

• This forum auto saves as you are typing, which is great if there is failure and you lose the page, etc.  You will not lose your work
  • Images and video in the posts.  You will be able to insert images and youtube videos directly in the posts.  This should be a nice feature and hopefully not beaten to death to slow down the pages.  Just paste in a Youtube share link and the forum will automatically convert it and add the player
  • Lots of features for finding the latest content since your last visit.  I know lots of you will enjoy that so you can see what you missed while you were gone
  • I will post more as the features come to me.

There are more things we will be making active once we know the forum is solid. Hopefully everyone like the newer technology and we appreciate the patience while we go through this.  Once we get through the next 24-48 hours, I think things should be pretty solid. If you are running into major problems, please send me an e-mail: [email protected]

Thanks!!!

• Like 4

I was hoping the forum count would be a bit reduced.  I read just about every post.....and its a pain to click through so many "rooms" many of which are obviously redundant.  I guess if it's easy to just look at the posts you missed while away---that will be better.   And where are classifieds already!   :)

This is not really a request or anything, but is there a place where we can see all of the different "labels", like Brick Analyst, Brickulator and so on?

Still working on it.  So much to add and do yet.  I have been at it since 5:30 am this morning.  Ed hasn't even seen all the options available to him yet, not sure if he wants to.  We have help files, FAQs and a whole bunch of stuff to add.   We will post the info as we put it together.  I am still going through a bunch of options on the technical side and doing the sitemaps for google, etc.

What are the 'warning points' under my profile?

Blackjack, please.  Give us some time.  Like I just said to Fcbarcelona101, this is all new to us, Ed has not even spent 1 minute on this forum yet.  Lots to do, but I wanted to get it live to allow people to come and start using it so I can see whats good, bad, etc.  I just got the data straightened out within the past 1-2 hours.

Sorry.

No problem, I am as excited as you.  I just want to be able to give you quality answers, so Ed and I will have to come up with a mini FAQ to show the Ranks, Awards, and tons of other features.  It will really be great and this is just one part of it.