10236 - UCS: Ewok Village

emazers

1 hour ago, marcandre said:

I always have a hard time selling the last of any set. 

On topic EV is off to a decent start. $75-100 over rrp across ebay and amz. Already ahead of last years big $250 set sea cow. Hopefully EV won't backslide like SC has. 

It will backslide as more inventory comes online, particularly on Amazon.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, exciter1 said:

I still have one. I should probably sell.

Ewok Attack. lol. I bought 12 of these for £6 each at Waterstones in the UK. Only have one left after various trading etc. Now that was a good deal. Unlikely to be repeated.

On the UCS Ewok Village, I never really fancied it, but who knows how it will do. Not overly keen on the set, but the minifigures do add a tonne of value.

Only weeks after retirement, recent sold listing on Ebay shows one sold yesterday for £280 + £10 p+p, not bad for a £155 buy in.

I'm sure all the haters (I'll mention no names) will still have their own opinions on this set but at first glance it seems to be doing ok.  Yes it will probably peak about £300 and then level out at £250 initially, then its a gamble what you do after that, but I stand by my original comments, I love this set, I think its a great display piece and has play factor if you so wish.  It will do just fine.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Manse1001 said:

I'm sure all the haters (I'll mention no names) will still have their own opinions on this set but at first glance it seems to be doing ok.

Did someone have catty opinions about EV?  I'd be fe-lying if I told you I remembered anything negative written on BP about such a glorious set.  I guess I'll have to keep tabs on this thread going forward.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:
Did someone have catty opinions about EV?  I'd be fe-lying if I told you I remembered anything negative written on BP about such a glorious set.  I guess I'll have to keep tabs on this thread going forward.

633.gif

Use the 'tabs' at the bottom to read through the old pages within this thread

Edited by Manse1001
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Manse1001 said:

Only weeks after retirement, recent sold listing on Ebay shows one sold yesterday for £280 + £10 p+p, not bad for a £155 buy in.

I'm sure all the haters (I'll mention no names) will still have their own opinions on this set but at first glance it seems to be doing ok.  Yes it will probably peak about £300 and then level out at £250 initially, then its a gamble what you do after that, but I stand by my original comments, I love this set, I think its a great display piece and has play factor if you so wish.  It will do just fine.

I agree. It is a great set and really nice display. My only complaint is I wish it came with another speeder bike ( easy enough to build one on your own but still) and a couple more Ewoks. In fact I would have dropped the rebel soldiers and Stormtroopers for 4 more Ewoks.

I don't see this one getting remade anytime soon if ever.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Harley Quinn said:

I agree. It is a great set and really nice display. My only complaint is I wish it came with another speeder bike ( easy enough to build one on your own but still) and a couple more Ewoks. In fact I would have dropped the rebel soldiers and Stormtroopers for 4 more Ewoks.

They've been waiting 34 years for somebody to say that.

ewoks-endor.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John82 said:

And just as we get hope, the race to the bottom starts: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEGO-Star-Wars-Ewok-Village-10236-/182418502361?&_trksid=p2056016.m2516.l5255

I'm fearing the tumbler all over again.

I like the race.  Thins inventory.  I consider it the first heat.  You know, the one where all the people run that don't have a chance to win?  The premier heat comes a couple races later.  I try to be a part of that race.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

I like the race.  Thins inventory.  I consider it the first heat.  You know, the one where all the people run that don't have a chance to win?  The premier heat comes a couple races later.  I try to be a part of that race.

fat-guy-running_o_367074.jpg

• Like 1

In that case you should pair it with 8038 if you can find a reasonably priced one on eBay, it will solve all your concerns. That's what I did, they look great together on display.