The Lone Ranger 2013

IrishGuy66

Everyone ignores the Silver Mine, and I think that one looks best (apart from the Stagecoach (which is good purely for horses!) Bank and Sheriff we already had (ok we had Gold mine) and it is so boring to me. Ps: I hate the fact how we get those main characters in EVERY SET, so annoying imo, having 23232424234 Tontos or whatever. This is the biggest downside for me on LEGO (just like LOTR)

Everyone ignores the Gold Mine, and I think that one looks best (apart from the Stagecoach (which is good purely for horses!)

Bank and Sheriff we already had (ok we had Goldmine also) and it is so boring to me.

Ps: I hate the fact how we get those main characters in EVERY SET, so annoying imo, having 23232424234 Tontos or whatever. This is the biggest downside for me on LEGO (just like LOTR)

Yeah I which Lego was a little more exclusive as to which minifigs came with each of the different sets. The Gold Mine is my second favorite set in this line behind the train (I just happen to love basically all trains lol).

Yeah I which Lego was a little more exclusive as to which minifigs came with each of the different sets. The Gold Mine is my second favorite set in this line behind the train (I just happen to love basically all trains lol).

Never really was a fan of trains, allthough (offtopic) I do have to admit i love(d) the look of Maersk train.

Yeah I wish you could get main 2 characters in 2 smallest sets so every family buying it for kids can easily afford it but then those biggest sets dont need another 3 tontos and Lone Rangers. It just gets boring and repetitive, just liek Gimli in Council and the Ship, Like Moria and Helm's deep was NOT ENOUGH.

I know LEGO looks on kids first, but me as a kid I got smaller sets, and maybe big one at xmas, and by then having 3 same lego figures is just meh. It worked ok with those none unique old figures when i was a child in 1990s but now with all thene NAMED and UNIQUE molds it just gets no variation.

I'm excited for both the sets and the movie. I happen to be one of the people who thinks that the film will actually turn out to be really entertaining. The pieces in the silver mine shootout look to be excellent! Should be nice for MOC builders out there.

Never really was a fan of trains, allthough (offtopic) I do have to admit i love(d) the look of Maersk train.

Yeah I wish you could get main 2 characters in 2 smallest sets so every family buying it for kids can easily afford it but then those biggest sets dont need another 3 tontos and Lone Rangers. It just gets boring and repetitive, just liek Gimli in Council and the Ship, Like Moria and Helm's deep was NOT ENOUGH.

I know LEGO looks on kids first, but me as a kid I got smaller sets, and maybe big one at xmas, and by then having 3 same lego figures is just meh. It worked ok with those none unique old figures when i was a child in 1990s but now with all thene NAMED and UNIQUE molds it just gets no variation.

Yeah I totally agree with you, I would like to see better variation as well.

I'm excited for both the sets and the movie. I happen to be one of the people who thinks that the film will actually turn out to be really entertaining. The pieces in the silver mine shootout look to be excellent! Should be nice for MOC builders out there.

I was just looking at the Mine, I think if you combined a few you could moc a nice mountian side with a train tunnel.

When I first saw images several months ago, I was honestly surprised. I`d never heard of "Lone Ranger" before mention of the film last year, and when I saw the sets I knew nothing about the series. Learned a little bit since then. Still though, the sets look great and I`ll definitely pick up some down the line or whenever sales come along.

Also how long has it been since LEGO made a Western theme?

Too long. About 17 years that is.

Man these are wicked great! The fact that almost every set has both main characters puts me off. Besides that, look at all those guns! I think the "Cavalry Builder" is the most dissapointing in terms of not having all four minifigs being soldiers. "Colby City" isn't much of a city now is it? Rather 'cheesy' don't ya think? ;-)

Too long. About 17 years that is.

Man these are wicked great! The fact that almost every set has both main characters puts me off. Besides that, look at all those guns! I think the "Cavalry Builder" is the most dissapointing in terms of not having all four minifigs being soldiers. "Colby City" isn't much of a city now is it? Rather 'cheesy' don't ya think? ;-)

Yes main characters in every set is the biggest let down PERIOD... I can already see them going for 1

I don't know but hopefully it won't be Wal-Mart as mine never gets polybags except for once in a blue moon, if even then. Although I would have better luck to even find one there than I would at Ripoffs R Us. I have a feeling that one of them will appear at Target (Tonto) and the other (Lone Ranger) at Wal-Mart, if I were to guess. Won't really know until the exact moment they become available and then have to rush out the door to get them! Not that determined to buy them, those two characters come in EVERY set for the theme!

Exactly, useless polybags, with 100x tonto and Ranger in every single set, sigh.

I only think the serious polybaggers (that sounds gross for some reason) will buy these. You know, the ones that just HAS to have every poly ever made! It's like that "Uruk-Hai with ballista" polybag, you get so much more in every bigger box set than you do from that little thing. I know it's collectible but still, come on. The price and what it offers as a polybag is lousy.