The Lone Ranger 2013

IrishGuy66

As I do agree with most of you that have said that cowboys are a thing of the past as far as interest in kids go it also has something to do with the fact that Lone Ranger has very little appeal.  Most kids have no clue what it is and the movie didnt help.  I thought the movie was good maybe a bit long but nothing most kids would be into.  As for myself I am 35 and I cant remember Lone Ranger ever being popular.  

But the combo of Disney and Westerns can be a hit just check out "Sherrif Callie" as that show has been a favorite around here for awhile now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, botchy123 said:

Starting to pick up a bit of steam now 

2 hours ago, botchy123 said:

79111 at 200 Dollars next year possibly

I was referring to what are you see now that makes you think the sets are going to increase in value?  Current sales?  Some trend ?  Or is this just prediction based on your gut feeling?

10 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

don't get me wrong, i like really like the lone ranger sets and the film was unfairly battered before the release.  i'm also still sitting on 3 or 4 trains after selling the rest last month so i'm rooting for this theme but the chances are slim.

I have two trains from the amazon sale, how much have you been able to sell these for?  ebay? amazon? free shipping?  

10 minutes ago, jaisonline said: don't get me wrong, i like really like the lone ranger sets and the film was unfairly battered before the release.  i'm also still sitting on 3 or 4 trains after selling the rest last month so i'm rooting for this theme but the chances are slim.

I have two trains from the amazon sale, how much have you been able to sell these for?  ebay? amazon? free shipping?  

Didn't make much per set. Sold for $80 each after all fees except the price of the sets. I needed to sell them for the space they were taking up.

13 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

Didn't make much per set. Sold for $80 each after all fees except the price of the sets. I needed to sell them for the space they were taking up.

I will take your remaining 3-4 trains, if you throw in that extra Palace Cinema bag we discussed a while back.

• Like 1

I've said it before and i'll say it again.  Cowboys and indians were all fed to the boomers.  Gen X, the Millenials, etc have little interest in most western type themes.  I think the movie Toy Story explained this well.  Now a woody minifigure, in the disney line?  Ok… I might buy multiples of that.  But, any western theme, i'd stay away from unless you plan on selling it to nostalgic boomers.

As I do agree with most of you that have said that cowboys are a thing of the past as far as interest in kids go it also has something to do with the fact that Lone Ranger has very little appeal.  Most kids have no clue what it is and the movie didnt help.  I thought the movie was good maybe a bit long but nothing most kids would be into.  As for myself I am 35 and I cant remember Lone Ranger ever being popular.  

But the combo of Disney and Westerns can be a hit just check out "Sherrif Callie" as that show has been a favorite around here for awhile now.

I'm a Gen X'er, born in 72. I played Cowboys and Indians and remember watching TLR and other westerns as a kid.

Wsuskee was born in 80 and I'd say any one born by 80 probably falls into the same camp. PC crap took over by the time anyone born by 1980 would have started playing C&I or watching it on TLR on TV.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, jbacunn said:

I am Lone Ranger free now. I did a bundle with my last remaining sets and made a decent profit since my buy in was 50% off. This proves to me that almost any set is a decent buy at 50% off if you have realistic expectations about what the return will be. 

Ye obviously at 50% off, majority or maybe even everything will eventually net you profit. But for me to call some theme/set successful I expect prices to reach about 1,50-1,75x what retail price was.... ok, some sets might be excluded from the ''rule''

Anyway I checked the prices and they all seem kinda low... even more than I thought lol.

I can't imagine sinking any investment dollars into these at full price. I sold all of mine this holiday season, most of them basically for MSRP (or slightly above) with the exception of the Trains, which did OK if you got them at 50% off. 

But basically it's in Alien Conquest territory - sets hanging around at MSRP long after retirement. 

I was actually pleased to sell the trains at what I did, I wasn't expecting them to get that high even.

From a collector/display standpoint, I actually *like* several of these sets and think they look cool. I didn't see the movie, but I think Silver Mine Shootout and Colby City Showdown are very sharp looking. I almost wish I saved one of my Colby City's, but I have way too many unbuilt boxes and not enough space as is.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Lego Benito said:

The train seems to be doing very good business. I have one but it's for me and not to sell. 

I can't remember if it got very low, but looking at it now, it was a no brainer really.

Crap film, nice sets!

Only the 7 year hold then. You can bet the Harry Potter train will take less time to make money.