Musical Picks

TheOrcKing

On 8/4/2021 at 5:28 PM, zaphoid said:

I'll add two to this list that might be considered blasphemous to some

Disturbed > Simon and Garfunkel

Chris Cornell > GnR

Dangit!  I got to this party late and had to go back 5 pages to find the song I wanted to post.  I was getting excited, thinking nobody had posted Disturbed's The Sound of Silence cover.  By far the best cover ever in my opinion.  I've listened to that song at least 100 times.  Easy.

I'll add a couple.  This isn't exactly a cover, but if you enjoy a technician breaking a song down, this is a good one.  He listens to Enter Sandman for the first time and then plays it after hearing it once.  The comments are golden as well.

And I love this woman's voice.  She does a great job on all of her songs, but this is one of my favorites:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

I'll add a couple.  This isn't exactly a cover, but if you enjoy a technician breaking a song down, this is a good one.  He listens to Enter Sandman for the first time and then plays it after hearing it once.  The comments are golden as well.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Zd_UcjMusUA

That dude is amazing.  It is always nice to watch someone with talents break down and analyze a piece of art.  They have a way to pick up things that may not be so obvious to most people.

4 hours ago, Loghamel said:

This isn't exactly a cover, but if you enjoy a technician breaking a song down, this is a good one.  He listens to Enter Sandman for the first time and then plays it after hearing it once.  The comments are golden as well.

Perhaps not an entire cover but no denying the man knows how to play the skins and by ear no less.

4 hours ago, Loghamel said:

And I love this woman's voice.  She does a great job on all of her songs, but this is one of my favorites:

She is an enchanting songstress. And I have feeling Darth Raichu may have introduced me to her singing long ago.

11 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I love this chill version of Danger Zone.  @TheOrcKing probably has this in his music rotation

I watch Archer so of course I do. Haha. Cheryl Tunt in her Cherlene phase was something. I liked Gypsy Woman.

So here is a cover that doesn't add a lot new or much different from the original but the performance certainly is entertaining. I remember featuring a Feels Good Inc. cover by Leo Moracchioli way back.

• Like 1