Musical Picks

TheOrcKing

31 minutes ago, TheOrcKing said:

I'm lovin' the topic ever since the cover conversation got rolling! So here's a random recentish release because I just felt like hearing a little Journey.

And another. Retrowave forever!

Ah, hmmmm.  I was under the impression we were talking about covers by legitimate bands?  Beatles, G&N, U2, Motley Crue to Retrowave & Serchen???  If you're going there then I gotta go here:

Edited by gmpirate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, gmpirate said:

Ah, hmmmm.  I was under the impression we were talking about covers by legitimate bands?  Beatles, G&N, U2, Motley Crue to Retrowave & Serchen???

We were. I just have a bad habit of flying right off the track. Haha. Sorry about that. I guess things would eventually go in that direction but I could have at least waited a bit. Then again I would not have seen that MattyBRaps clip. That was adorable.

Alrighty then. I found a couple covers by more legitimate bands between Asking Alexandria....

And a live performance by Lzzy Hale of Halestorm.

This last one is, sorry, I can't help myself.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Lego shopping at target

I love that tune (and Jennifer Connelly). I must confess I was part of the crowd that discovered Flock of Seagulls through "I Ran So Far Away". Or rather finally associated the band with the track. So much music I listened to as a kid especially when on the radio that later in life looking back trying to remember ....and I drew a blank. Have any idea how long it took before I finally realized "Symphony of Destruction" was Megadeth? An embarrassing length of time. Haha.

Moving right along with a couple more covers and seeing how Flock of Seagulls was brought up....