Star Wars 2022

brickvoyeur

2 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

Another trash CW set with good figures.  Star Wars theme becoming Superheroes.  Lego is out of ideas and the builds are getting worse while costing more.  

IP based products are bound by the vehicles / scenes shown in source materials / IP.  There are plenty of structures and vehicles from SW movies and TV series that were produced by Disney.  Those could be the base of new sets instead of rehashes.  Where are the sets based on space horses, or that sea cow, or FO spaceship that was hyperspeed rammed, or that Resistance command ship that was blown up + space flying Leia, etc etc ??  So many scenes to choose from.

;)

On 3/25/2022 at 11:08 AM, Darth_Raichu said:

IP based products are bound by the vehicles / scenes shown in source materials / IP.  There are plenty of structures and vehicles from SW movies and TV series that were produced by Disney.  Those could be the base of new sets instead of rehashes.  Where are the sets based on space horses, or that sea cow, or FO spaceship that was hyperspeed rammed, or that Resistance command ship that was blown up + space flying Leia, etc etc ??  So many scenes to choose from.

;)

I demand a UCS monster that Luke milked from TLJ. I want it to have working nipples that spit out white studs

v.gif.bab99ce083ba6eca08b51c60de06e59d.gif

44 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

That price is an April Fool's Day joke right? Right?

image_2022-04-01_095521.png

Right ????

:girlcrazy: :crazy:

The 75286 ATT has a similar piece count and 4 minifigs (2 droids) and costs the same. Considering that the 4 minifig battle pack went from $15 to $20 at the same time, this is steal. 😄

34 minutes ago, BrickLover80 said:

The 75286 ATT has a similar piece count and 4 minifigs (2 droids) and costs the same. Considering that the 4 minifig battle pack went from $15 to $20 at the same time, this is steal. 😄

image_2022-04-01_112351.png

16 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

the biggest joke is that the largest image of a clone trooper MF on the cover isn't even included in the set 

That is most likely the mascot for this SW subset.  They moved picture of mascot from upper right corner to lower left corner.

• 3 weeks later...

Deals are from May 1 to 8th.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/page/star-wars-day-deals

Looks like you spend $150 and get an Aunt Beru Kitchen Set; $40 for a small AT-ST.  $70 spending earns a keychain.

Preview of the UCS landspeeder is up too.

I looked up all or at least I think all of those 75xxx sets on your post and some of them have not been available for ages.  No UCSs turned up. The 40xxx sets are the artwork and latest figure packs.

None of the pre-order only sets nor the ones on my wish list like the Hoth AT-ST are listed either. Maybe I will pass on the UCS AT-AT after all.

18 hours ago, cardensb said:

Looks like you spend $150 and get an Aunt Beru Kitchen Set; $40 for a small AT-ST.  $70 spending earns a keychain.

I looked up all or at least I think all of those 75xxx sets on your post and some of them have not been available for ages.  No UCSs turned up. The 40xxx sets are the artwork and latest figure packs.

None of the pre-order only sets nor the ones on my wish list like the Hoth AT-ST are listed either. Maybe I will pass on the UCS AT-AT after all.

have they done this before where they've excluded certain sets? 

you know, every year, it seems they become more restrictive.  I remember years ago where I placed three orders to get three freebies then they restricted it to one per household address the next year. I don't recall excluding the big ticket sets like UCS in the past though.  I only buy the big sets when they have a deal so I will just wait a little longer on the AT-AT.  It's not like I need one.  Another VIPx2 round will come up again.  Last time, I bought the USC Falcon.

Good news is the movie scene pre-orders show available on April 26th, so even with their announced limits, hitting the $150 for Beru's Kitchen should not be difficult.  The Mando starfighter looks like it will be available too and I still want to pick up the Hoth AT-ST.

Aunt Beru's Kitchen is not that exciting, I was hoping for another micro set. I still regret not buying the year they offered the DS trench run set.

23 hours ago, cardensb said:

I'm having similar thoughts.  This may be the first May the 4th I skip.  

On 4/21/2022 at 1:42 PM, MotorCityMuscle said:

saw something flashed that double points in may will only be on certain star wars sets

image.thumb.png.3cdf424fa0f1ad4e7e22c067406f2470.png

A large percentage of these sets cannot be found on LEGO Shop at Home.  A few that are on LEGO Shop at Home are sold out.  We are left with a handful of sets that will actually give double points.  This is more pathetic than those stores that have one of each item on sale so they can say they fulfilled the sales price.

Edited by exracer327

But, it's Aunt Beru!!  That's like one of the remaining minifigures they have yet to make from the original trilogy.  Now they just need Willrow Hood, and they got em all.

On 4/22/2022 at 9:57 AM, cardensb said:

Aunt Beru's Kitchen is not that exciting, I was hoping for another micro set. I still regret not buying the year they offered the DS trench run set.