Star Wars 2022

brickvoyeur

http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_12/image.png.c6349f3401f3698c8f68f5330f71cf6b.png

http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_12/image.png.0fadced988942e5a9969517862f71269.png

Here are your 3 figure, $15 battle packs

Why are we calling these battle packs? They’re accessory packs like we’ve seen from City, Ninjago, Batman, etc. These likely won’t be carried in most retail B&M stores and only at Lego stores or SAH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The two new "battle packs"... first they lack the traditional "battle" functions like stud shooters which I am fine with, less weapons I have to replace out of pocket but $5 more for one less trooper, makes it a tough sell when compared to the Snowtrooper set that has a speeder bike, terrain, and troopers.

The clone troopers pack doesn't really scream "buy me" to me.  It has three unnamed random troopers and a command station.  The only thing I noticed was the new rifles.

The Defence of Hoth set.  First, Lego - you normally spell with American English so its "Defense".  More importantly though, is the lack of backpacks and the lack of cabling from the tripod mounted cannons to what I assume are power supplies.  I have the various Hoth based sets from years ago so I don't know if I need anymore troopers to display. I may purchase it, I may not.  Maybe it becomes that item to buy really to push a dollar amount for a freebie later.

Some additional rumors posted today:

75331 - MSB Ewok Village $530 Fall 2022
75342 - Geonosis Duel $40 Summer 2022
75334 - Star Destroyer $50 Summer 2022
75337 - Hoth Base Attack $140 Summer 2022
75323 - Republic Gunship $160 Summer 2022

Edit to add: As mentioned below, take these with a HUGE grain of salt.

A normal, "minifigure" scale gunship would certainly contain more figures, and provide themselves a lot of competition for the UCS set. 

It would be a traditionally perfect move by Lego to introduce another MBS Ewok Village to go with UCS AT-AT and overall Hoth sets being released this year. Then they can discontinue the Ewok Village right before the 40th anniversary of ROTJ. 

22 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Some additional rumors posted today:

75331 - MSB Ewok Village $530 Fall 2022
75342 - Geonosis Duel $40 Summer 2022
75334 - Star Destroyer $50 Summer 2022
75337 - Hoth Base Attack $140 Summer 2022
75323 - Republic Gunship $160 Summer 2022

SW Lego fans: "give us more prequel movie builds! There are so many to choose from"
Lego: "Here's a large gunship... and a medium gunship... maybe even a microfighter gunship if you are lucky"

Stoked for new Ewok Village though! Missed original and countless times I almost splurged on it. Phew.

Edited by scatttcat
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, fourkidsbuilding said:

I've read this new list is fake...was just some dude playing around/wishlisting...

The set numbers and prices are correct for now but nobody knows the set names.

Not sure what the $530 MBS will be but a sail barge or Ewok Village would be welcomed. 

17 minutes ago, fourkidsbuilding said:

I've read this new list is fake...was just some dude playing around/wishlisting...

7 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

The set numbers and prices are correct for now but nobody knows the set names.

Not sure what the $530 MBS will be but a sail barge or Ewok Village would be welcomed. 

I added a disclaimer, just to highlight that this a rumor.

I like the idea of a Sail Barge.  I could see a redo of the Ewok Village though.  Especially if you do some big tree (think the LEGO Ideas Treehouse), and then add in some small trees and bridges, a hefty amount of minifies, and a Disney tax.

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

I added a disclaimer, just to highlight that this a rumor.

I like the idea of a Sail Barge.  I could see a redo of the Ewok Village though.  Especially if you do some big tree (think the LEGO Ideas Treehouse), and then add in some small trees and bridges, a hefty amount of minifies, and a Disney tax.

Well, I would definitely rather they do the battle around the shield generator on Endor as a set first.

• Like 3

I like all of these rumors. 

I too have looked at the original Ewok Village and almost bought one on eBay several times.

I skipped all of the gunships so far for various reasons (mostly just missed them on the shelves), hopefully the scale is better for this one. 

Not sure what a $50 Star Destroyer will look like.

I am trying to guess which Geonosis Duel that set would cover - so many duels in that part of the movie maybe we get our first magnetized head Jango Fett.

Hoth Attack - at that price, I assume its another rebel snow speeder and a portion of the base, maybe the shield generator - all items we had in the MSB set years ago they can make minor improvements on.

I like all of these rumors. 
I too have looked at the original Ewok Village and almost bought one on eBay several times.
I skipped all of the gunships so far for various reasons (mostly just missed them on the shelves), hopefully the scale is better for this one. 
Not sure what a $50 Star Destroyer will look like.
I am trying to guess which Geonosis Duel that set would cover - so many duels in that part of the movie maybe we get our first magnetized head Jango Fett.
Hoth Attack - at that price, I assume its another rebel snow speeder and a portion of the base, maybe the shield generator - all items we had in the MSB set years ago they can make minor improvements on.

I still have an Ewok Village that I want to build someday, but I’m equally cool with getting rid of. If a new one tanks the price, then I’ll just build it for sure.

$50 ISD would most likely be like the MIdi scale ISD from 2013 (?). I picked that one up at SW Celebration in 2016.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...