Star Wars 2022

brickvoyeur

18 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Curious if the average Mando-verse fans (ie. the ones watching mainly for Baby Yoda) know or care about Dark Troopers

Those studs look turrble

100% why I don't like the majority of these. I DO like the new fighter helmet, and I have the Scout Trooper since its my favorite trooper, but after building the Tie Pilot, they really just don't do it for me. I understand them and why people like them, but the treatment of some of the helmets/cowls when compared across other themes, Star Wars ones are particularly, just look strange with the studs.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Curious if the average Mando-verse fans (ie. the ones watching mainly for Baby Yoda) know or care about Dark Troopers

Those studs look turrble

As I've said elsewhere... These are just black painted cylons. I'm real surprised they made this helmet set based on the two minutes of screentime they got on a TV show.

52 minutes ago, keymomachine said:

As I've said elsewhere... These are just black painted cylons. I'm real surprised they made this helmet set based on the two minutes of screentime they got on a TV show.

Disney should have made the multicolored scooter gang wear helmets.  Those could have been 4 additional designs for this LEGO series, in bright primary colors.  Where is the brand synergy ????

:D 

12 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Disney should have made the multicolored scooter gang wear helmets.  Those could have been 4 additional designs for this LEGO series, in bright primary colors.  Where is the brand synergy ????

:D 

I have not watched Book of Boba Tea yet, so I had to look this up, total missed opportunity. Also this video is funny:

12 minutes ago, keymomachine said:

I have not watched Book of Boba Tea yet, so I had to look this up, total missed opportunity. Also this video is funny:

Oh c'mon, calling it Book of Boba Tea is an insult to the fans.  At least you can enjoy the yummy drink immediately and not wait 4 hours for the good stuffs to come up. :D

28 minutes ago, KShine said:

Sweet

Although I still can't see how suitable (or even possible) this ship would be for living in space.

You were asking good question to a group of writers who could barely come up with coherent plotline.  :D Their answer would most likely be "but it looks cool though".

I think some fans of the show are going to complain about the way that cockpit is structured.  It is so limited.  If season 3 turns out to be mediocre, that complaint would grow

46 minutes ago, cardensb said:

So sure, is it practical for living in space or making long trips? No.  But is it fast and maneuverable?  YES, YES, YES.  Can you carry back bounties easily... well, not if the little guy is with us. Do I want one still?  Heck yeah!

Good point.  If I were a fan, I would have taken it as an indication that Mando would no longer be a bounty hunter in season 3.

I am going to put this here first: putting the 2 main characters into 2 separate bubbles is a BAD idea.  This new ship is probably easier and less expensive to film than Razor Crest, but I would argue that old cockpit was a big part of the show.   Removing that space is going to change the dynamic of the show.  For your sakes, I hope the writers are smart enough to work around that (kind of doubt it though).

As always, feel free to make fun of this post in December :P

2 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Good point.  If I were a fan, I would have taken it as an indication that Mando would no longer be a bounty hunter in season 3.

I am going to put this here first: putting the 2 main characters into 2 separate bubbles is a BAD idea.  This new ship is probably easier and less expensive to film than Razor Crest, but I would argue that old cockpit was a big part of the show.   Removing that space is going to change the dynamic of the show.  For your sakes, I hope the writers are smart enough to work around that (kind of doubt it though).

As always, feel free to make fun of this post in December :P

the bigger issue is that Mando now needs a "home base" instead of traveling in the Space RV-Crest.

The show's appeal was him going to different exotic planets....really hope Tattoine or its clone is not going to be his home...we've had enough sand.

Based on tea leaves... season 3 plotline will be themed around "Return to Mandalore"...Mando and Grogu will seek out the ancient Mines of Mordor so he can recover his honor by taking a dip; no doubt will face the mythical dragon...he is the Dragon Slayer (afterall)

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan
  • Like 1

Or he just reminds himself that The Armorer is not in charge, he has the Dark Saber won in combat and she also represents as best he can tell a small part of Mandalorian culture after meeting Bo-Katan and seeing other sects care less about helmets worn on or off. I don't think he will wander around helmet-less like Boba Fett in Mos Espa because the story is of the gunfighter that shows no expression ever - calm and cool always.

But, he surely is wearing adult diapers while flying around the galaxy in his starfighter.

Maybe the N-1 is destroyed early into S3 and Boba Fett loans him the "Slave I" allowing it to be seamlessly relabeled as "Firespray" thus Lego and Hasbro getting another toy sold using the same molds but different packaging to the completist culture of SW collectors. I think we have gotten a new Slave I in some scale annually for about the last five years.  What's two or three more?  We need a micro model with a dark saber and jet pack as much as a UCS version with baby yoda co-pilot with a minor cockpit build change.

• Like 1