Recommended YouTube LEGO channels, blogs, websites, etc

ponderingzissou

14 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

This guy is nearly delusiona

Idk, after taking a look at this video, I'm pretty impressed with his thorough analysis:

• Amazon vs. eBay prices (current and sold) and sales velocity
  • How many sets are currently for sale on those channels
  • Historical discounts offered throughout the set's lifecycle
  • Best guess on quantities produced based on current availability/observation across channels
  • Philosophical take on the future buyer's motivations to buy this set

I'm not saying others don't provide this information, but he's bringing all of these variables together for a complete picture to make your best guess. 

We might disagree with his conclusions, but we can't discount all of the underlying variables he brings to the table to make his decision. This dude does his research and we can leverage that research to make our own decisions. And, he's humble, consistently saying "This is my take, yours may be different based on the provided information".

I'm happy his channel was shared on BP. I subscribed, but would never do his Patreon lol

• Like 1

Just now, Captain_Obvious said:

Idk, after taking a look at this video, I'm pretty impressed with his thorough analysis:

• Best guess on quantities produced based on current availability/observation across channels

I'm not saying others don't provide this information, but he's bringing all of these variables together for a complete picture to make your best guess. 

We might disagree with his conclusions, but we can't discount all of the underlying variables he brings to the table to make his decision. This dude does his research and we can leverage that research to make our own decisions. And, he's humble, consistently saying "This is my take, yours may be different based on the provided information".

I'm happy his channel was shared on BP. I subscribed, but would never do his Patreon lol

I knew it was you 🤣

Yeah, and he has a nice beard, but where is the profit. 

• Haha 1

Lego will produce any active set you want, You could ask for 100,000 and they will make it. I think it would be impossible to ever figure out true numbers, As you don't know who is buying stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

I agree with you. I learn from his analysis too. 

The only think I don't get when initially sharing his video is how you can consistently getting at least 40% discount of the same Exclusive LEGOs (the video I shared talks about BHZ) by leveraging GWP, CB, Insider points, etc) after you hit the limits. 

• Like 1