75254 - AT-ST Raider

Fcbarcelona101

12 hours ago, cladner said:

RETIRED in Australia.

image.thumb.png.d7e9c6c6edd98312dfc48b10dc1d115d.png

13 hours ago, raulaco said:

This set isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Amazon have backorders for 2 months ahead, looks like Amazon and Lego will keep this one alive. I do reckon the retirement date was originally planned for the end of March however folks buying up a shed load have clearly changed Lego's mind. One things for sure is that the cara dune figure clearly has had no impact on Lego's decision to withdraw this set.

Imo the set disappears middle or even end of the year now. Lego are probably making a fortune cashing in on all the reseller folk out there looking for some quick money. This set will be hoarded like no other, if Lego and Amazon keep replenishing stock throughout the year it's game over for this one. I bet there's some anxious people out there with a boat load thinking it was a sure thing. Glad I only bought one for personal build.

Just goes to show though no matter what you hear on the web nobody really knows what Lego or Amazon are thinking.

giphy.gif

Edited by Captain_Obvious
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Bartat said:

Back in stock at Lego.com in Europe

Will be back on Amazon also soon apparently. 

For you investors out there it's not looking great. So many of these out there now, seems to be hoarded beyond belief. 

In Europe there seems to be no signs of them slowing down regarding them being made. Also for those of us in the UK once the stores open next week this will be very easy find. 

Think this one will be a dud, slow performer with too many around. Nothing really rare or special about it, Cara dune everywhere and not a liked character anyway very forgetful.

Way to much buzz about this set has unfortunately killed it and Lego have done the smart thing of producing tonnes to cash in on the action. Think most people have played into Lego's hands on this one. 

4 minutes ago, raulaco said:

Cara dune everywhere and not a liked character anyway very forgetful.

Respectfully disagree whole-heartedly.  Have you actually watched The Mandalorian entire run?  If the AT-ST it turns out to be the only set with Cara Dune, then it could receive almost Ahsoka status.  Cara Dune is important enough that it was just revealed that Favreau lobbied, and was granted permission, to use prior-shot and unaired scenes involving Cara Dune and Ahsoka as a launching pad for both Mandalorian season 3 and the Ahsoka series.  Very forgetful?!?  Hardly.  However, your point about the continuing production of the set is well-taken and, if nothing else, delays the value of the minifigure rising more.  However, the character artificially had its price raised to about $20-22 and it still hovers around $18-20.  That's not shabby at all for a figure that could be had for $6 prior to GIna Carano being fired and that is currently still being made.  Of course, $20 is half the price of what this set is normally purchased for in the street, at least here in the US.

5 hours ago, raulaco said:

Will be back on Amazon also soon apparently. 

For you investors out there it's not looking great. So many of these out there now, seems to be hoarded beyond belief. 

In Europe there seems to be no signs of them slowing down regarding them being made. Also for those of us in the UK once the stores open next week this will be very easy find. 

Think this one will be a dud, slow performer with too many around. Nothing really rare or special about it, Cara dune everywhere and not a liked character anyway very forgetful.

Way to much buzz about this set has unfortunately killed it and Lego have done the smart thing of producing tonnes to cash in on the action. Think most people have played into Lego's hands on this one. 

Give it some time.  Too early to write this set off, especially if the Cara Dune minifigure is never reissued in another set.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, raulaco said:

75153, 75261 and even 75201! 

15 minutes ago, Goblin said:

75153, 75261 and even 75201! 

2 duds and one ok set. Lucky to get 60 to 70 in the UK on the 75153 and 75201, plus nowhere near as hoarded. All those sell terribly at least on eBay they do with the exception of the 20th anniversary one. 

I bet there was a load that Lego sold today, surprised it lasted half the day when it was posted on HUKD. 

9 minutes ago, raulaco said:

2 duds and one ok set. Lucky to get 60 to 70 in the UK on the 75153 and 75201, plus nowhere near as hoarded. All those sell terribly at least on eBay they do with the exception of the 20th anniversary one.

It's April and most sales are poor.

It's 8 months too early to declare 75254 a dud. No-one knows. 

6 hours ago, raindog said:

Respectfully disagree whole-heartedly.  Have you actually watched The Mandalorian entire run?  If the AT-ST it turns out to be the only set with Cara Dune, then it could receive almost Ahsoka status.  Cara Dune is important enough that it was just revealed that Favreau lobbied, and was granted permission, to use prior-shot and unaired scenes involving Cara Dune and Ahsoka as a launching pad for both Mandalorian season 3 and the Ahsoka series.  Very forgetful?!?  Hardly.  However, your point about the continuing production of the set is well-taken and, if nothing else, delays the value of the minifigure rising more.  However, the character artificially had its price raised to about $20-22 and it still hovers around $18-20.  That's not shabby at all for a figure that could be had for $6 prior to GIna Carano being fired and that is currently still being made.  Of course, $20 is half the price of what this set is normally purchased for in the street, at least here in the US.

Yes I have watched the whole series and imo she wasn't a great character in the show, I didn't think she played the role well at all and I'm certainly not bothered she's out the show. 

This will never reach Ahsoka status no way, it is way to hoarded and too many have been produced.

I'm just not one of the many that believe this set will do amazing and is a must buy. The amount of people on YouTube and in the general community apparently going all in and telling others that's it's a sure bet is unreal. I think people just need to remember that this set other than one figure which isn't rare at all the set doesn't have alot going for it. The set itself isn't even that great.  

Just my opinion and in sure someone will shoot me down for it. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, raulaco said:

Yes I have watched the whole series and imo she wasn't a great character in the show, I didn't think she played the role well at all and I'm certainly not bothered she's out the show. 

This will never reach Ahsoka status no way, it is way to hoarded and too many have been produced.

I'm just not one of the many that believe this set will do amazing and is a must buy. The amount of people on YouTube and in the general community apparently going all in and telling others that's it's a sure bet is unreal. I think people just need to remember that this set other than one figure which isn't rare at all the set doesn't have alot going for it. The set itself isn't even that great.  

Someone beat me to it;  75153.  Based on the performance of that set alone, I believe this one was always going to do well.  Hold-time is the key factor.  I'm a long-play seller, so I believe I'll do fine.

29 minutes ago, raulaco said:

let's see what boxes it check;

• Connected to a current popular show w/ at least 2 more seasons confirmed
  • SW walker (seriously what walker EVER did poorly?)
  • great figures lineup in general (remember it's Mando's earlier armor)
  • has controversial figure that may never be redone

we have no proof LEGO made any more of these than other sets...so based on the four points above it should do well. Is it a grand slam? No...maybe if it was suddenly discontinued by LEGO following the controversy (that many here was hoping for...after hoarding it), but it should still do alright and likely better than most given all the boxes it checks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

let's see what boxes it check;

• Connected to a current popular show w/ at least 2 more seasons confirmed
  • SW walker (seriously what walker EVER did poorly?)
  • great figures lineup in general (remember it's Mando's earlier armor)
  • has controversial figure that may never be redone

we have no proof LEGO made any more of these than other sets...so based on the four points above it should do well. Is it a grand slam? No...maybe if it was suddenly discontinued by LEGO following the controversy (that many here was hoping for...after hoarding it), but it should still do alright and likely better than most given all the boxes it checks.

I agree with all this except point 2, see 75201 :phew:

9 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

1.5X over RRP ain't bad a year and a half after retirement (especially since they were readily available for around $24 for awhile)...also it's a sleeper in that it's the only set w/ captain phasma

Plenty under RRP on bricklink but it did have a ridiculous RRP in Europe which hasn't helped. It's already been asleep 2+ years so I can't see much more growth. All other AT-ST have easily out-performed it.

Guess it may have value for part-outers as there are 3 exclusive figs

34 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

75201 is no walker.  It's a joke.  And yet it is still selling 1.5 * RRP. 

Amazon listings for 75254 beyond the first RRP listing is already 1.4 - 1.5 * RRP.

It has Rose Tico, the most beloved character in Disney SW trilogy, in a costume that may or may not look like a CCP uniform.  What's not to like? :drag:

The build itself is a perfect metaphor of what Disney SW trilogy is when compared to the OT movies (think of OT movies as regular AT-ST).  Legend in the making, if you think about it :drag:

ETA: Also, I did not buy any 75201, so price is guaranteed to skyrocket :P

2 hours ago, Loghamel said:

If you asked me what it is, I would not guess an AT-ST.  

There was a lot of backlash when that set came out, it should have been a complete AT-ST with the option of being blown up rather than a half assed set with good figures. 

15 hours ago, exracer327 said:

75201 is no walker.  It's a joke.  And yet it is still selling 1.5 * RRP. 

Amazon listings for 75254 beyond the first RRP listing is already 1.4 - 1.5 * RRP.

I think the amazon listings are very misleading tbh for most of us. The majority of people reselling only have access to ebay and other avenues. Ebay prices are hugely different from amazon and the majority of at st sets on Ebay have not performed that well compared to other sets. Great if you have amazon but people need to remember that a lot of just simply can't access it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, raulaco said:

I think the amazon listings are very misleading tbh for most of us. The majority of people reselling only have access to ebay and other avenues. Ebay prices are hugely different from amazon and the majority of at st sets on Ebay have not performed that well compared to other sets. Great if you have amazon but people need to remember that a lot of just simply can't access it.

While I agree with your statement that ebay prices are typically lower than amazon prices, I was not comparing apples to oranges.  I was simply comparing RRP and the relative selling price of the two sets on amazon.

Ironically enough, today I see two more sellers have listed 75254 at RRP on Amazon.  As of right now, the ebay buy-it-now prices for 75254 appear to be the same as the more expensive 75254 listings (after those few RRP sets) on Amazon.  You might get lucky with an auction on ebay and get it cheaper.  Of course, the same can be said of 75201.  But again, comparing amazon to ebay prices was not my point.

14 hours ago, raulaco said:

I tend to overlook that and should specify that I only sell on Amazon.  Good point.