75254 - AT-ST Raider

Fcbarcelona101

this set has been on my radar and i have been picking them up for $40 in the wild at walmart.  there was a large restocking across all stores in the 3 states i shop in that was rapidly consumed both before and after news of eminent EOL.  even instore msrp target stock has now been gobbled up literally over the course of a day using brickseeek to track the sets.  i find bseek much more accurate with target stock levels than walmart but ymmv.  if ur ordering from target and are banned, try checking out using paypal as your payment option incognito mode chrome and you should be able to get it to work unless ur on some superban list.  even then go light.  the other day i tried to get 3 orders going under a 4 hour period and the last 2 were cancelled.

Edited by cladner

13 hours ago, fourkidsbuilding said:

I think the mando fig will carry it more than anything. Mando figs from here on out will most likely be the beskar version...

The set to have for the Mando minifig is 75299.  Its the only Mando with arm printing.
aaa.thumb.jpg.d2ec90b81a6066ae8d3c180e889992a4.jpg

Edited by raindog

14 minutes ago, Brystheguy said:

Available on Amazon for RRP for late February delivery. I just don't know what this set will do and if I should be buying at full retail...

it's actually on the cover of the stoneswar EOL webpage...please remind me how "walkers" in general have faired historically? Even the lame set w/ BB-8 controlling a partially built walker is walking out of the turd pile...(that one is bouyed by the Phasma MF).

Let's see the boxes this set checks:

1. Retiring soon
  2. comes with icnonic MF (Mando and Grogu)
  3. linked to a ongoing popular show
  4. the build is of a popular style (AT-ST)
  5. reasonable RRP w/ "room to grow"
  6. boosted by an Xfactor: Cara Dune

Not a bad list and probably better than 90% of other sets to get into that are retiring.  I think a solid x2 shortly after retirement is not being overly optimistic (already sniffing that now).

3 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Let's see the boxes this set checks:

1. Retiring soon
  2. comes with icnonic MF (Mando and Grogu)
  3. linked to a ongoing popular show
  4. the build is of a popular style (AT-ST)
  5. reasonable RRP w/ "room to grow"
  6. boosted by an Xfactor: Cara Dune

Fixed for ya.  No Grogu in this set. But I get what you mean.  The figs will no doubt carry this set. But they have to. Let me explain.

I built this only a month ago pulled from a bulk purchase.  With regards to build quality, the legs are sturdy but the cockpit is very fragile and constantly falling apart.   The sides are held on by a very weak connection.  Not the best play value.  But to your point about the abysmal walker from TLJ, if that can succeed, than not doubt this will too.  

The biggest unknown/risk here is: Has Cara Dune been canceled or just Gina Carano? 

1 minute ago, BricksBrotha said:

The biggest unknown/risk here is: Has Cara Dune been canceled or just Gina Carano? 

I don't think this is a big factor...the likeness of Gina Carano is the issue here...not the character.  If they recast her and new MFs are issued...I don;t think it affects the collectibility of the Cara Dune likeness

18 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I don't think this is a big factor...the likeness of Gina Carano is the issue here...not the character.  If they recast her and new MFs are issued...I don;t think it affects the collectibility of the Cara Dune likeness

Pretty sure she had nothing to do with any future series with Disney anyway? 

21 minutes ago, raulaco said:

But is this site actually retiring lol. Just seems odd now that the Lego shop will ship past the retirement date. 

also stonewars is Germany retailers specific...they even state that other countries and even LEGO Shop at Home will have extended dates. Heck US may end up being 6months to a year later. 

42 minutes ago, raulaco said:

But is this set actually retiring lol. Just seems odd now that the Lego shop will ship past the retirement date.

lego cancels backorders all the time.  nothing about this retiring seems odd to me.  lego has never been known for just in time inventory but is known for cancelling backorders and last in first out order fulfilliment.   minecraft zombie cave disappeared from shop at home in november 2020 and hadn't been seen in the wild for months and then showed up on the shelves of pretty much every walmart in US for $5 clearance  in late jan-early feb and endless supply at walmart.  retired in europe in early january.  still showing up as sold out in us.  showing up as temporarily out of stock in australia.  same thing happening with resistance a-wing.  retirement date is just a number someone pulls out of hat   they all differ.  it would be more shocking if they decided to keep 75254 around after all the drama surrounding the minifigure - .  if this doesn't make it to $100, it will be the first at-xx ever  that didn't.  lol - even the pos tiny 20th anniversary walker set is going for $100.  $100-120 by this time next year.  ez double post fee at $40 permasale.  msrp -  u need to find some gift cards.

Edited by cladner