75254 - AT-ST Raider

Fcbarcelona101

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't know whether or not to be buying these at rrp, I mean currently in the uk retail price is the best your going to get and to sell now you would be breaking even.

It would be quite costly for me if they happen to be restocked on amazon or elsewhere for a discount. Returns would also be difficult.

I think the real question is will there still be a good profit if buying these at rrp, I for one have missed out on any sort of discount it seems. Do I leave it or not hmmm, risky business when you start going in on sets at full price. 

Edited by raulaco

I’m honestly surprised it’s still available, especially at LEGO itself. Such a big to do was made about this woman that she was fired from the show but yet here they are still selling the sets with her likeness. Should have disappeared completely if that were the case. Guess it’s okay for LEGO to keep selling them. 

At least with the TVC and TBS figures they were photo realistic. You were buying the actress. These are just Cara Dune minifigs. The character.

Set is great. Will do well. Was going to do well anyway. Don't think the extra hooplah really matters.

32 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

I’m honestly surprised it’s still available, especially at LEGO itself. Such a big to do was made about this woman that she was fired from the show but yet here they are still selling the sets with her likeness. Should have disappeared completely if that were the case. Guess it’s okay for LEGO to keep selling them. 

A few weeks ago I said I would feel much better had LEGO announced the cancellation of this set like Hasbro did with their action figures.

This is probably not the best set to buy for QF, especially if you are hoping for short term Gina Carano cancellation effect.  Long term it should do just fine (with the same caveats as other long term LEGO sets investments)

• Like 1

With so much attention brought to this set and extra chances to hoard, the ceiling may not be as high as we hope.

Furthermore, buying at retail or at a slight discount may not leave enough meat on the bone for a worthwhile profit.

Sometimes we underestimate our shipping & fees when thinking about our profit. This set also has an oversized box

for your average $50 set. BTW Lego LEGO Shop at Home has these back in stock, limit of 3.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 10:54 AM, nami said:

With so much attention brought to this set and extra chances to hoard, the ceiling may not be as high as we hope.

Furthermore, buying at retail or at a slight discount may not leave enough meat on the bone for a worthwhile profit.

Sometimes we underestimate our shipping & fees when thinking about our profit. This set also has an oversized box

for your average $50 set. BTW Lego LEGO Shop at Home has these back in stock, limit of 3.

It's back to backorder on SAH, which suggests that Lego won't stop production early but rather cash in on all the extra attention and increased demand from resellers. I don't think I will be buying any extra.

21 hours ago, BrickLover80 said:

It's back to backorder on SAH, which suggests that Lego won't stop production early but rather cash in on all the extra attention and increased demand from resellers. I don't think I will be buying any extra.

If Lego was going to delete this set in the wake of Disney's decision to ditch the Cara Dune lady, they would have done so already.  Recall how quickly and abruptly they jettisoned the Technic Osprey set last year...when they make a decision like that, they don't wait around on it.  This set will do fine, but everyone who jumped in on it hoping for a quick score is going to be disappointed.

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, redcell said:

If Lego was going to delete this set in the wake of Disney's decision to ditch the Cara Dune lady, they would have done so already.  Recall how quickly and abruptly they jettisoned the Technic Osprey set last year...when they make a decision like that, they don't wait around on it.  This set will do fine, but everyone who jumped in on it hoping for a quick score is going to be disappointed.

AT-ST usually perform well, haven't been many iterations. Was expecting the previous rogue one set with Baze Malbus to do better, but I guess this set put a premature stop to that. Popular star wars vehicle, so should be another one due in 2/3 years time.

There has been a spike in inventory on eBay UK, will take some time for the QF's to dump inventory, as most people were expecting a recall, which like you mentioned hasn't happened.

I think some of the 2021 (and maybe 2022) retirment class will be stagnant for a while before appreciating. Depends if the set was available pre-COVID, as sets which were released during COVID should do good due to supply constraints. But sets released prior might struggle, as seems like another year more people have turned to re-selling Lego.

Can't wait for my £5 profit:drag:

2 hours ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

had it been removed a few weeks ago it would have done well. feel like it's a long hold now and may never really take off. comes in and out of stock at all the major retailers.

not much left to talk about on this one (insert beat a dead horse emoticon)

I disagree.  While it would have been much better if it had faced an early retirement it's been pretty easy to find at 20% off and has a good/rare group of figures and is a good unique model of an AT-ST.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Just noticed Lego changed the packaging of this set.  The set I ordered months ago had tape seals (right in photo), the set I recently received from Amazon had thumb press and glue, no tape seals.  So if you collecting variants..., ha ha!

It's easiest to see the difference along the bottom as they moved artwork to clear the thumb tabs.

IMG_0650.jpg

Edited by JimboJet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JimboJet said:

Just noticed Lego changed the packaging of this set.  The set I ordered months ago had tape seals (right in photo), the set I recently received from Amazon had thumb press and glue, no tape seals.  So if you collecting variants..., ha ha!

It's easiest to see the difference along the bottom as they moved artwork to clear the thumb tabs.

IMG_0650.jpg

nothing new . . .

This set isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Amazon have backorders for 2 months ahead, looks like Amazon and Lego will keep this one alive. I do reckon the retirement date was originally planned for the end of March however folks buying up a shed load have clearly changed Lego's mind. One things for sure is that the cara dune figure clearly has had no impact on Lego's decision to withdraw this set.

Imo the set disappears middle or even end of the year now. Lego are probably making a fortune cashing in on all the reseller folk out there looking for some quick money. This set will be hoarded like no other, if Lego and Amazon keep replenishing stock throughout the year it's game over for this one. I bet there's some anxious people out there with a boat load thinking it was a sure thing. Glad I only bought one for personal build.

Just goes to show though no matter what you hear on the web nobody really knows what Lego or Amazon are thinking.

35 minutes ago, raulaco said:

This set isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Amazon have backorders for 2 months ahead, looks like Amazon and Lego will keep this one alive. I do reckon the retirement date was originally planned for the end of March however folks buying up a shed load have clearly changed Lego's mind. One things for sure is that the cara dune figure clearly has had no impact on Lego's decision to withdraw this set.

Imo the set disappears middle or even end of the year now. Lego are probably making a fortune cashing in on all the reseller folk out there looking for some quick money. This set will be hoarded like no other, if Lego and Amazon keep replenishing stock throughout the year it's game over for this one. I bet there's some anxious people out there with a boat load thinking it was a sure thing. Glad I only bought one for personal build.

Just goes to show though no matter what you hear on the web nobody really knows what Lego or Amazon are thinking.

RETIRED in Australia.

image.thumb.png.d7e9c6c6edd98312dfc48b10dc1d115d.png

Edited by cladner
  • Like 7

36 minutes ago, raulaco said:

This set isn't going anywhere anytime soon.  

2 minutes ago, cladner said:

RETIRED in Australia.

image.thumb.png.d7e9c6c6edd98312dfc48b10dc1d115d.png

Doh!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, raulaco said:

April Fools ???? Can't even get away with that.