75254 - AT-ST Raider

Fcbarcelona101

11 hours ago, Loghamel said:

Just an FYI;  spoke with a manager of a LEGO store in the states and he said they are pulling them from the shelves.  I trust the guy, but take it how you will.

They all talk authoritatively but if you press them you will find its their own conjecture.  Who knows . . .

The manager I spoke with said they still had a ton of inventory and would probably have it available the rest of the year.

• Like 3

Wonder if LEGO will succumb to any pressure of removing the set completely? You’ve had Disney completely cancel her, Hasbro end upcoming production, but you (LEGO) continue to have the product on your retailers shelves? And maybe the retailers don’t want to have the drama associated with the product. 

it sure is interesting. Can we think of any other set that had something similar happen to it? Best I can remember was the Osprey getting heat for its likeliness associated with a war plane. A little different as it wasn’t mid-cycle in production. But boy was that cancelled like right now.

Edited by MotorCityMuscle

15 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

Wonder if LEGO will succumb to any pressure of removing the set completely? You’ve had Disney completely cancel her, Hasbro end upcoming production, but you (LEGO) continue to have the product on your retailers shelves? And maybe the retailers don’t want to have the drama associated with the product. 

it sure is interesting. Can we think of any other set that had something similar happen to it? Best I can remember was the Osprey getting heat for its likeliness associated with a war plane. A little different as it wasn’t mid-cycle in production. But boy was that cancelled like right now.

I don’t know that there is any pressure to remove the set. The issue is with the actress that plays a character on a series, not with the set or even the minifigure that represents the character. If Jeremy Renner did something similar in his personal life would they pull all Hawkeye minifigures, I doubt it.

The Osprey was actually not mid-cycle but pulled upon release with some making it out into the wild.  And it was not for its likeness to a war plane as it was used as an offensive weapon in war missions just with a different configuration than the search and rescue set.

in the past there has been other issues with sets like Jabba’s Palace and with minifigures like Slave Leia after production, and there were sets that were never released like the first Arch Vegas (a few made it out in South Africa) and the Creator Expert set from Hungary (it may have been Belgium) that got pulled for its alleged role during WW2 ( there were box images but not sure if they were filled with bagged pieces) that got swapped for the Taj rerelease. 

As others have stated there is a possibility that this is the only set that has this character or that they may replace the actress that plays the character, and perhaps the minifigure gets a new hairstyle or skin tone closer to the new actress.  Lego clearly hasn’t recalled the set like they did with the Osprey so at best they stop production a little earlier than planned. 

• Like 1

I don’t know that there is any pressure to remove the set. The issue is with the actress that plays a character on a series, not with the set or even the minifigure that represents the character. If Jeremy Renner did something similar in his personal life would they pull all Hawkeye minifigures, I doubt it.
The Osprey was actually not mid-cycle but pulled upon release with some making it out into the wild.  And it was not for its likeness to a war plane as it was used as an offensive weapon in war missions just with a different configuration than the search and rescue set.
in the past there has been other issues with sets like Jabba’s Palace and with minifigures like Slave Leia after production, and there were sets that were never released like the first Arch Vegas (a few made it out in South Africa) and the Creator Expert set from Hungary (it may have been Belgium) that got pulled for its alleged role during WW2 ( there were box images but not sure if they were filled with bagged pieces) that got swapped for the Taj rerelease. 

As others have stated there is a possibility that this is the only set that has this character or that they may replace the actress that plays the character, and perhaps the minifigure gets a new hairstyle or skin tone closer to the new actress.  Lego clearly hasn’t recalled the set like they did with the Osprey so at best they stop production a little earlier than planned. 

As has been discussed before, Hasbro has cancelled the planned rerelease of Cara Dune figures in the Black Series and Vintage Collection. I had preorders at an online retailer for both rereleases that were placed before all of this, and the retailer had to cancel them because the figures aren’t being rereleased anymore. I could see LEGO keeping 75254s that were already produced on the shelves or fulfilling preorders from sets that were already produced, but I’d be surprised if they ran new production of this set.
  • Like 1

As has been discussed before, Hasbro has cancelled the planned rerelease of Cara Dune figures in the Black Series and Vintage Collection. I had preorders at an online retailer for both rereleases that were placed before all of this, and the retailer had to cancel them because the figures aren’t being rereleased anymore. I could see LEGO keeping 75254s that were already produced on the shelves or fulfilling preorders from sets that were already produced, but I’d be surprised if they ran new production of this set.

From the prospective of both companies, that seems to make the most money sense to me.

1 hour ago, Jivepicnic said:

Just my opinion but aren't Lego already doing a new production of the set? It's backordered until April here and will ship out in 60 days. Does that mean they are waiting for the new run? 

Just my opinion but aren't Lego already doing a new production of the set? It's backordered until April here and will ship out in 60 days. Does that mean they are waiting for the new run? 

To my knowledge, we’ll only know if there was a new production run once we see the seal codes on the sets that fill the backorders. It’s possible that the sets were produced in January and are currently on a boat to the US (depending on where they were produced). They could even be stuck on a boat waiting to be unloaded at a West Cost port due to the current backup there.

It’s also possible that LEGO goes through with another production run because they already had some parts produced and the sets were slotted in the production schedule at a point where they couldn’t change it after the controversy erupted. I think it’s pretty commonly believed that LEGO’s production process is not particularly robust and cannot be altered in the short term. If they chose not to produce the sets, they may have had idle machinery because they didn’t have materials ready to go to make another set in its place. I acknowledge that last part’s conjecture on my part, though.

24 minutes ago, Jivepicnic said:

To my knowledge, we’ll only know if there was a new production run once we see the seal codes on the sets that fill the backorders. It’s possible that the sets were produced in January and are currently on a boat to the US (depending on where they were produced). They could even be stuck on a boat waiting to be unloaded at a West Cost port due to the current backup there.

It’s also possible that LEGO goes through with another production run because they already had some parts produced and the sets were slotted in the production schedule at a point where they couldn’t change it after the controversy erupted. I think it’s pretty commonly believed that LEGO’s production process is not particularly robust and cannot be altered in the short term. If they chose not to produce the sets, they may have had idle machinery because they didn’t have materials ready to go to make another set in its place. I acknowledge that last part’s conjecture on my part, though.

it's also possible all the backorders get cancelled. 

and that's that for cara whatshername

Image result for and that's that goodfellas gif

Not sure if it is fact or not, but I know that I have heard in the past that they will only allow sets to be put on backorder if that set has already been produced. If it says TOOS or sold out then they currently have none made to sell. Like I said, not sure how true that is, but I know that I have heard/read that somewhere before.

10 hours ago, stuco191 said:

Wow can’t believe Amazon keeps doing this! It was $49.97 when I posted. Wonder if LEGO is cool with them selling above MSRP?

amazon is selling assembly square for $492.40 - that makes this 30% gouging seem rather small.  i wonder if lego is cool with them selling 10255 for 75% over msrp lol.

Edited by cladner

33 minutes ago, cladner said:

amazon is selling assembly square for $492.40 - that makes this 30% gouging seem rather small.  i wonder if lego is cool with them selling 10255 for 75% over msrp lol.

It's a double edged sword, reseller scum/scalpers like us have to love those folks who don't check RRP and just need to get a product from their favorite retailer.

9 minutes ago, coelian said:

It's a double edged sword, reseller scum/scalpers like us have to love those folks who don't check RRP and just need to get a product from their favorite retailer.

oh i'm not complaining .  it is truly a blessing for a reseller scumbag as it ensures i get no returns on the ones i'm selling now so its all good but will make it slightly tricky to restock if this one is the one that retires later this year.  no time to worry about that now though .