LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

12 minutes ago, scratchdesk said:

My understanding is your SOL.  They can't reproduce the code and you can't use it a second if if time.   I haven't run into the problem but that's what others have stated.

If you call up they can usually sort it. 

I redeemed the VIP Forma skins and on one order they sent me some Trolls sets. They said keep them and created a manual order for the skin.

Edited by roxio
typo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

If you have to write down in the description that you're being "sarcastic" then you're not doing it right. The base value of VIP points is quite straightforward at a typical 5% return, 10% with double points. If you can redeem your points for an item that can be flipped for significantly more than it's point value...that's better. That's all there is to it, really. Is each coin worth more than $9? Yes.

13 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

towards purchasing products you are making even more money on

Oh, I like this perspective. I only thought of the opportunity cost in terms of the gift card money trade off, but it makes sense to also consider the potential profit you can make off a gift card product purchase flip.

I will say this... it's been a hell of a year for VIP. I cleared a grand between my coins and Pooh's.

Have a feeling we'll see another Batpod esque drop in May for 15,000 points (same cost as the Batpod)

Edited by Captain_Obvious

10 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

His point isn’t really valid because that money you are accruing points on is going towards purchasing products you are making even more money on or heavens forbid build. 

Also, it seems like he's implying that people buy things just to earn points to redeem for VIP items so why would you spend $1000 to get the coins that are worth maybe $200. For most people VIP points is just a byproduct of normal shopping whether it be for investment or fun and you have to do something with them. The decision is simply is it better to get the 5% off with the codes or redeem for an item you can sell that is worth more than the 5% you would save. It's that simple. His only good points were about having to make separate purchases for each redemption code and the 60 day expiration date of the codes. 

22 minutes ago, jbacunn said:

Also, it seems like he's implying that people buy things just to earn points to redeem for VIP items so why would you spend $1000 to get the coins that are worth maybe $200. For most people VIP points is just a byproduct of normal shopping whether it be for investment or fun and you have to do something with them. The decision is simply is it better to get the 5% off with the codes or redeem for an item you can sell that is worth more than the 5% you would save. It's that simple. His only good points were about having to make separate purchases for each redemption code and the 60 day expiration date of the codes. 

I legit made $600 off all the coins plus the case.

We're all in agreement about supply/demand driving prices either way. Problem with VIP gifts is that a majority of people do not know about them because they're hidden behind the "VIP Wall" and there's no advertisement in comparison to sets made for the public.

The coins now fall into another bucket. Everyone knows about them. The whole set may be worth $200 right now, but in another year you'll be able to get $600.

My best advice to BP'ers is to redeem the case. How did LEGO decide on how many cases to make? Are they thinking that they should make 1 case for every 5 coins made. Not everyone will have all 5, but there will be a good number of people who have a few coins and want to go on a "Quest" to complete the collection. Common denominator in the quest appears to be the case.

Edited by Captain_Obvious
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Captain_Obvious said:

I legit made $600 off all the coins plus the case.

We're all in agreement about supply/demand driving prices either way. Problem with VIP gifts is that a majority of people do not know about them because they're hidden behind the "VIP Wall" and there's no advertisement in comparison to sets made for the public.

The coins now fall into another bucket. Everyone knows about them. The whole set may be worth $200 right now, but in another year you'll be able to get $600.

My best advice to BP'ers is to redeem the case. How did LEGO decide on how many cases to make? Are they thinking that they should make 1 case for every 5 coins made. Not everyone will have all 5, but there will be a good number of people who have a few coins and want to go on a "Quest" to complete the collection. Common denominator in the quest appears to be the case.

You did very well getting $600 for all of them. They are still available. And longer they linger, the more skeptical I get. I have just enough points but I don't see placing 6 orders anytime soon, so I haven't bitten yet. Might get the case, that's a good point. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, eliminator said:

Probably going to be some upset folks who purchased the Hotel on Day-1.

That was what I was worried about with the Titanic. So they are repurposing the Minifigure from the Police Station modular instead of having one exclusive to this set  

BBF2F9A3-3595-4059-9EB2-5B7F6CDD085E.jpeg

93F9291A-4BB3-4B07-B822-B68A158CA3C6.jpeg

Edited by Pseudoty

1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

So they are repurposing the Minifigure from the Police Station modular instead of having one exclusive to this set  

I like the taxi, but the lack of a special fig really takes the wind out of my sails. I'll probably just snag one to add in with my modular buildings collection. Maybe just order two Medieval Castles....to combine.

11 hours ago, eliminator said:

Ouch, $200USD....will the Boutique Hotel even qualify at $199.99? 😂

But who knows, maybe Lego will surprise us with a double VIP points promotion at the same time! 🙄

I think the buy in was based upon the original plan, buy the $200 Hotel Modular get a free Vintage Taxi which is a $15-20 set. I am hoping for Home Alone to be in stock need one to build plus have to redeem the Castle Coin. If not the 2X castle is a good plan but you will need to add a filler to reach the $200 threshold. 

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion