Shop at Home calendar and offers - January 2021

Fcbarcelona101

40 minutes ago, eliminator said:

Dropped into my local store today. All 2021 sets still in stock including a healthy supply of Police Stations...even by 2:30pm.

8ED0ED20-1319-43E0-90B9-69A859C43246.jpeg

Lucky you. Mine was out of most of the HP sets, only the Astronomy Tower in stock and the Vintage Car was out. Only MBoM left.

On 1/1/2021 at 11:39 AM, Bold-Arrow said:

Why doesn't the HP crest qualify for the double stack ?

i'm late to the party.

5 hours ago, Phil B said:

MBoM now adding to the Hogwarts Crests set ... they must have fixed it.

Edited by cladner

7 hours ago, Phil B said:

MBoM now adding to the Hogwarts Crests set ... they must have fixed it.

I bought the Crest yesterday in-store and the mgr had to override the register to get MBoM.  The Crest set was listed as "artwork" and not double tagged as "Harry Potter".  They said then it was a work in progress.  Guess they finally fixed it system wide.

7 hours ago, Zepp said:

That car is a sweet GWP. I love the box art. They seem to be sold out online now. Glad I got an order in. 

Why even bother advertise the GWP for the entire month of January? Is Lego that oblivious to supply and demand these days?

Nevertheless, while it's great news for BP'ers, sorta sucks for the casual Lego buyer who was waiting for their next pay, etc to get the GWP with purchase. Oh well...hope you all got a nice supply of these!

13 hours ago, eliminator said:

Why even bother advertise the GWP for the entire month of January? Is Lego that oblivious to supply and demand these days?

Nevertheless, while it's great news for BP'ers, sorta sucks for the casual Lego buyer who was waiting for their next pay, etc to get the GWP with purchase. Oh well...hope you all got a nice supply of these!

thay is amazing 31 day supply gone in 2 days

my guess is they saw how badly the estimated the usage and flipped to the modified programming and that only lasted a day

i don’t think that it is bp members buying them all I think that is a overwhelming demand due to many reasons to buy everything newly released

2 hours ago, starwarsxpress said:

thay is amazing 31 day supply gone in 2 days

my guess is they saw how badly the estimated the usage and flipped to the modified programming and that only lasted a day

i don’t think that it is bp members buying them all I think that is a overwhelming demand due to many reasons to buy everything newly released

I think Covid put LEGO Shop at Home on the radar of many LEGO buyers who probably didn't even know LEGO had an online store

then add GWP to the equation and that turbo charged the current high demand due to SIP...and then all new sets for 2021.

Perfect Storm to wipe out LEGO inventory across the board...at least until Amazon, Walmart, and Target got their shipments.  Must have been a crazy 3 day window for LEGO Shop at Home. Now that we're seeing all the new sets in the major retailers...I expect things to settle down.

Add in the general lack of product on S@H over the last couple of weeks, and 100+ new products, it was very easy to get to $85.  One Star Wars set, a couple of BHz, and couple of keychains, and I was over.  I wasn't doing any reselling type acquisitions.  It was just a desire to get the new product.  And I didn't even buy a Tuk Tuk or road plates like I wanted to.

I don't ever like to see LEGO raise the minimums on GWPs, and maybe in the Before Times, or a non-lots-of-products dropping, and it would have lasted longer at $85.  But this one may have just been a "victim" of LEGO's success.

I think they made an error by giving both GWPs with a HP purchase. I took advantage of that for three online orders and one instore order.

I'm sure there's many HP fans that don't give two hoots about the car. Personally, I'm not complaining....but the cars would have lasted muuuuuch longer if they weren't double-stacking with The Monster Book of Monsters. 

• Like 1

The car has a sticker issue.  Well the sticker likes to fall out of the box.  Had heard about it but hadn't had it happen until today.  Pulled out the last set out of the case and went to toss it and saw a sticker in bottom of box.  Sadly not sure which one it went to as I didn't notice it right away.   

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

The car has a sticker issue.  Well the sticker likes to fall out of the box.  Had heard about it but hadn't had it happen until today.  Pulled out the last set out of the case and went to toss it and saw a sticker in bottom of box.  Sadly not sure which one it went to as I didn't notice it right away.   

You'll just need to shake it out of the others to find out - Oy!

• Like 1

While checking out at my local LEGO Store today, I noticed a couple of ice skating rinks poking out from behind dozens of vintage cars. I asked the cashier if they were still going with $150 purchases. He said yes, and he also said that a promotion was going on that would allow me to receive one with any gift card purchase. So, a $5 gift card later, I had one more to add to the pile. I also bought the Monkey King Mech because it looks awesome (and two GWP don't hurt). There was no signage for this, so YMMV. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BillyBricks said:

While checking out at my local LEGO Store today, I noticed a couple of ice skating rinks poking out from behind dozens of vintage cars. I asked the cashier if they were still going with $150 purchases. He said yes, and he also said that a promotion was going on that would allow me to receive one with any gift card purchase. So, a $5 gift card later, I had one more to add to the pile. I also bought the Monkey King Mech because it looks awesome (and two GWP don't hurt). There was no signage for this, so YMMV. 

OMG, $5 GC purchase to get a freebie. I would of sent the family in one after another. 

2 minutes ago, Jessekidd13 said:

idk but his bio states he sells Legos and Fragrances, interesting mix

Follow me for all the latest in Legos and Fragrances especially Creed, Tom Ford, Kilian and Chanel

• Haha 1

Just now, legorookie34 said:

Perfect box guarantee...I rolled my eyes so hard. Even more than that Bricklink seller that exclaimed "SHIPS FLOATING ON AIR PACKS" on all of their sets.

7 minutes ago, legorookie34 said:

Who buys these for $47 right now? Surely his buyers are not limit restricted on SAH.