Shop at Home calendar and offers - January 2021

Fcbarcelona101

2 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

I didn’t expect the road plates to go to back order so quick. I had them on my list, but it was such a pain last night I didn’t throw them into the cart.

I completely forgot about the Tuk Tuk!

Yeah...seems like an accessory purchase, not a 1st position purchase...city builders must have decided to go all in. I only remembered the Tuktuk because it was on my wish list 

Yeah...seems like an accessory purchase, not a 1st position purchase...city builders must have decided to go all in. I only remembered the Tuktuk because it was on my wish list 

Exactly what I was thinking. In the other hand, these have got to be available everywhere, right?

At $10, I don’t have a problem picking it up at retail, so if I *have* to have it anytime soon, hopefully it will be at retail.

Of course, if some of the big ticket items would come back in stock...

7 hours ago, Captain_chaos said:

Seems like the Monster Book of Monsters is already long gone in the UK. Doesn't appear in cart and doesn't appear on the offers page any more. My order of the Astronomy Tower, Book, and Ideas Car (made a few minutes after midnight) is now 'in warehouse'. 

Do we think in this case ‘in warehouse’ is a good sign that orders will be filled? Placed a couple of orders that included MBM and Ideas Car so crossing my fingers...

1 hour ago, Bartat said:

Do we think in this case ‘in warehouse’ is a good sign that orders will be filled? Placed a couple of orders that included MBM and Ideas Car so crossing my fingers...

Warehouse is a good sign that your order will be fulfilled. At least in all of my cases.

I’ve had orders altered or cancelled that were still “in process.”

Vintage car sold out in less than 24 hours? Good sign.....?
Wish I lived closer to a store.

I think it’s a sign that resellers have already exceeded their buying limits for all available HP sets! I would have thought monster book would be sold out first otherwise.

4 hours ago, keymomachine said:

Every time I've seen GWPs go out of stock in the past it was accompanied by a swift removal of the advertising art that went along with it. Curious that it's not adding but also the banners are still up hours later.

Like with the HP Monster Book of Monsters promo, which disappeared within the day after it was sold out.

In Europe the vintage car is still added to an order at the moment. Not sold out here yet.

17 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:
31 minutes ago, Fcbarcelona101 said:
Car is still available but now being limited to 1 per account. For some reason the Book of Monsters is being treated differently (not limited... yet)

Not being added for me, and I haven't made any orders yet.

That is weird. If I log out of my account and add things to my cart it does show up along with the Book. Hard to tell what is going on then

That is weird. If I log out of my account and add things to my cart it does show up along with the Book. Hard to tell what is going on then
I finally got it to add by logging out, adding stuff to cart and then logging back in. Weird that it wouldn't add before when I hadn't ordered anything to get it though.

16 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

adding in cart yes, but its deleted after purchase

Right away — as in automatically — or is it going through human review while in process. Mine have all gone to in warehouse without any GWP removals but none have shipped. 
If they figured out how to do it automatically and are just starting to implement it, that’s a serious game changer. 
Of course, if they had implemented it with the ice skating rinks, they would have sold 45 rinks and then exhausted their reseller buyers who were willing to buy the bones available at RRP to get the GWP 😄

1 minute ago, TheBrickClique said:

Right away — as in automatically — or is it going through human review while in process. Mine have all gone to in warehouse without any GWP removals but none have shipped. 
If they figured out how to do it automatically and are just starting to implement it, that’s a serious game changer. 
Of course, if they had implemented it with the ice skating rinks, they would have sold 45 rinks and then exhausted their reseller buyers who were willing to buy the bones available at RRP to get the GWP 😄

Was originally in cart, but it was eliminated in email confirmation.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, KShine said:

LEGO enforcing their GWP limits - Is that how it's going to be in 2021?

It sounds like they are only enforcing it for the car, not the book. So I'm guessing they were overwhelmed by demand and turned off the spigot. They did the same before Christmas with one of the Star Wars promos, iirc.

Kinda makes me wonder how many books they produced. Considering I purchased a lot at BN, I was hoping the book would be more limited. Would be a bummer if the book didn't fetch $50.

It’d be interesting if they made a vintage city line of 18+ vehicles to go along with the modular line for AFOL somewhere in the price point between $24-$50.

I think they’d get a lot more interest from both the modular crowd and those who have more finite space issues but still want a display worthy model below the ideas price point threshold we’ve seen.

36 minutes ago, BrickLover80 said:

It sounds like they are only enforcing it for the car, not the book. So I'm guessing they were overwhelmed by demand and turned off the spigot. They did the same before Christmas with one of the Star Wars promos, iirc.

Kinda makes me wonder how many books they produced. Considering I purchased a lot at BN, I was hoping the book would be more limited. Would be a bummer if the book didn't fetch $50.

honestly there wasn't much to buy in terms of HP sets available.  If going by the assumption the overwhelming majority of LEGO buyers this round are fans and not resellers...I could see why many opted to pass on the Book of Monsters or stopped after getting just one.

The vintage car on the otherhand was open to all LEGO sets so I could a broader appeal.

1 minute ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

honestly there wasn't much to buy in terms of HP sets available.  If going by the assumption the overwhelming majority of LEGO buyers this round are fans and not resellers...I could see why many opted to pass on the Book of Monsters or stopped after getting just one.

The vintage car on the otherhand was open to all LEGO sets so I could a broader appeal.

That's the worst part of it.  Few of us can buy anything HP in the first place.  At least there was a chance to buy something to get the car.